Evelyus' tourbilol tank || Tank 40K DPS || Video

"
biralo wrote:
I have 13k cyclone dps with hatred, and even then I find it lacking...

Not too much on the dps, but more on the range (I have Q20 cyclone and carcass jack).

A lot of the time with cyclone, you literally have to be near on top of the mob to do damage...

Then there's the huge desync issues, and also a lot of "missed" cyclone runs, where you are on the mobs, but no damage done.

I think I will go for double strike version instead. Having more armor is not too important as I play on Standard, and since I group a lot, other plays won't run hard mods anyways xD

Master of Arena could be good for you :p.
Love the build bro, just afk'd double crematorium boss but it started lagging so hard due to the double firestorm and the giant spikes in my ES was pretty scary so I had to kite a bit and kill. One of the most enjoyable build's I've ever played. The best part is to do some a map with super hard mods and just afk tank for a few seconds for fun or go afk for a bit to do something and come back without dying while still tanking.

Though the damage is lacking, the satisfaction from the tanking is worth it for me.
Jeez why everyone tries to build an immortal scrub shit and survive with a shitty dps -_-...
I just don't get it,you can do a decent deeps build,one shot everything,farm well.Can't believe there's so many casuals trying to do a do-nothing tank builds...
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
"
Jeez why everyone tries to build an immortal scrub shit and survive with a shitty dps -_-...
I just don't get it,you can do a decent deeps build,one shot everything,farm well.Can't believe there's so many casuals trying to do a do-nothing tank builds...

Because doing high DPS isnt hard in PoE, but surviving EVERYTHING (!) is very hard, close to impossible. Some builds do better vs some things, other builds do better vs. other things. But it's very satisfying to just live through the sickest shit the game can throw in your face.

How does this build do vs. Shock&Horror?
Haven't done any pure tanking builds myself, only hybrid w/ deeps. The damage mitigation numbers are just amazing to see so high :) Keep up the good work DB! ;) I'll check back for more vids.

"
ahcos wrote:

-- Curious about this myself. Dat lazer :P

"

The main Lightning Attack of Boss is not blockable at all. And the build used here depends on block to gain En. Shield back. Therefore nothing special against to this Boss.
Hit and hide tactic is ftw :)

I had added recently a video to show this tactic:

*** '72 Torture Chamber Boss tactical vid. ( with Part 3 gear set)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKxUoXsfblI

enjoy..
"
ahcos wrote:
"

Because doing high DPS isnt hard in PoE, but surviving EVERYTHING (!) is very hard, close to impossible. Some builds do better vs some things, other builds do better vs. other things. But it's very satisfying to just live through the sickest shit the game can throw in your face.

Thanks for the answer, I agree with you for this answer.
I've a Perz reave lvl 86, 39K tooltip dps (real more, 50% crit, oneshot in crit ...), it's funny to oneshot all white monster, but physical reflect + extra fire damage + -max res is really hard ... -50% mana regen, 0 mana regen, ... and perz reave is not a tanky build, so he can easy die vs Piety Shrine/temple, Dominus Palace/Residence.

Another thing, the biggest problem of this game is desync, with a lot of build, if you desync and if you survivability is based on your damage (life gain on hit, life leech with/without vaal pact), you die.

So, why not make a build with a survivability based on monster hit and no your hit, like that you don't care about desync. I use cyclone, it's boring to desync ... but it's okay, you can't die because of it.

"
CLiNiKiLL wrote:
Haven't done any pure tanking builds myself, only hybrid w/ deeps. The damage mitigation numbers are just amazing to see so high :) Keep up the good work DB! ;) I'll check back for more vids.

"
ahcos wrote:

-- Curious about this myself. Dat lazer :P

The mitigation on tooltip is totaly false, look on top of my build to more information about real mitigation.

Actually I didn't try this shit monster, why? Cause devs love make completly op monster with crazy attack "unblockable" and "undodgeable" (like fire bomb on Dominus when he use the "marks"), and now they did that on Torture Chamber, before update, this monster was really hard for 99% of build, he did crazy damage ... but it's not enough dev love make completly op monster, so they did his attacks "unblockable" and "undodgeable".

So now I boycott this stupidly op boss. I think I can't facetank it, but maybe possible if I use the 4 column.

Sorry for videos, I have problems IRL, I think upload the piety shrine -25% max res and 88% extra cold this night.
"
but it's not enough dev love make completly op monster, so they did his attacks "unblockable" and "undodgeable".

Eve, u use "undodgeable" to say that there is no way to get rid of the damage same as "unblockable"..
I know what u mean; u r talking about Dodge stat if we have any..

But.. in game.. Dodgeable has totally different meaning nothing related with any "dodge" stat u have..
Dodgeing in games means to move aside or change position suddenly, as to avoid a blow,attack,etc.. or get behind something to be out of "line of sight"...

That means the Boss attack is 100% dodgeable by hiding behind the pillar..

Same as Vaal's smash and Dominus hand of god... we dodge them by jumping away
same as Dominus chain lightning.. we dodge it by hiding behind of some objects
etc.. etc..
"
serlev wrote:
"
but it's not enough dev love make completly op monster, so they did his attacks "unblockable" and "undodgeable".

Eve, u use "undodgeable" to say that there is no way to get rid of the damage same as "unblockable"..
I know what u mean; u r talking about Dodge stat if we have any..

But.. in game.. Dodgeable has totally different meaning nothing related with any "dodge" stat u have..
Dodgeing in games means to move aside or change position suddenly, as to avoid a blow,attack,etc.. or get behind something to be out of "line of sight"...

That means the Boss attack is 100% dodgeable by hiding behind the pillar..

Same as Vaal's smash and Dominus hand of god... we dodge them by jumping away
same as Dominus chain lightning.. we dodge it by hiding behind of some objects
etc.. etc..

Ok ... so ... can't be evade :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info