Evelyus' tourbilol tank || Tank 40K DPS || Video

Hi.

Wanna show you my tanking build based on Aegis Aurora and CI.

Why did I stop POE
Hi everybody.

I wanna inform you I stop POE.

I wanna stop since 1.0, I love this game, it was really funny, I had very good moment, it's a good game, but make all good items legacy completly destroyed Standard economy, and all following update do same.

I don't know if GGG wanted completly destroy standard to force player to run in 4 months leagues, but it do.

1.0 was just an update with massive legacy items and massive desync monsters (capoeira frog, fucking monster run at 1 km to take a corpse and launch it, oneshot devourer ...)

1.1 update make me lost all hope in this game, Vaal Orb was just to destroy massively standard items, and make rich richer, Shrine was completly useless in league, and now we have it ... and Vaal Pact nerf at 40% (guys 40% ... really, 70% would have been enought) was just boost OP gloves instant life leech dropable only on Uber Atziri. And GGG lies (here) on Uber Atziri kills, first kills of Uber Atziri was first in Leagues, guys, I seen those gloves linked in Standard 1 week after the update ... so, 2 weeks before Ambush kill. In fact I absolutly don't care, I just don't understand why this lie ...

1.1.1 update and OP MFING bow ...

1.1.2 and the most op weapon ... hammer who allow make a 6 socketed attack + 50% cast on HIT + 3 lightning spell + 1 chain.

This game was really amazing before 1.0, I had a looooooooot of fun, your economy policy (F2P absolutly not P2W) is absolutly fair and you can take credit for that, and I thanks your for that, but I don't take fun anymore in POE since 1.1 update.

For ppl who care about this build, I'll continue answer your questions on this post or in PM, I'll continue update the tree at each update, if it's necessary of course. Maybe one day I'll stop, but not now.

I stop test new evolution for this build.

Thanks for all ppl who use my build, I think it still a very strong build, and hope you'll not stop use it because I stop the game.

Thanks for ASTRAL, my actual guilde, you are good guys.

Thanks Angothiel, you are a big-hearted man.

A little message in my native language for my ingame friends:

Merci Exile, Dim, le ruskof et les autres, j'ai passé de très bon moment avec vous.

Merci Dual, pour ton soutien quand j'en avais besoin, et pour ton aide pour tester la version low life, on a passé de très bon moment ensemble, j’espère que ça continuera à l'occasion sur un autre jeu ^^.

Update Log

12/03/2014 : bought Shav, colored in 5 off-color, release the tree of dps version and split the build in 2 version, DPS and tanking
11/03/2014 : teaser of dps version added
06/03/2014 : 1.1 tree added for tanking version
13/02/2014 : DPS version added

Lets start with few videos

The Pros & Cons

Pros

-Nearly immortal vs maps' boss, totaly immortal vs white/blue/yellow monsters
-Comfort of playing, if you must/wanna afk in maps, you can.
-Chaos Immunity
-Easy gameplay, 1 button (It's soporific for few peoples, but with this build, you can sleep on a lot of maps' boss).
-It's funny to afk on a lot of maps' boss.
-Hardcore Friendly
-Decent DPS for the better tank build of the game

Cons

-Very, expensive (can't play that without Soul Taker and 6L chest)
-CI + aegis aurora + soul taker + aura based = can't use the playstyle before lvl 62

Stats

Lvl 82, you can reach 5K ES (6K with ES helmet), 35K+ armor (40K with Alpha Howl) and 68% block, 59% spell block (without tempest shield).

Why Aegis Aurora, CI and so much armor?

Aegis Aurora instant refresh your ES by 4% of your armor on block, so, for me, for a great tanking build, you need that item, it's an instant "heal" on block.

First, I did a dragon's infernal tank build, but on big boss, like double piety for example, my life was really low, cause Piety spam criticals, and criticals did me more than 3K damage, so I lost HP, my ES was instant full after that, but I lost a part of my life, and my instant "heal" on block on the ES, could not counter that.

So, why not do a CI build who will not lose HP behind the ES, with a CI character, my "heal" on block can "heal" ALL my "life".

And, why so much armor? Cause more armor = more instant "heal", with an infernal tank, you have what? 15K armor, so 600 ES regen per block, with my build, I've 35K armor, so 1400 ES regen per block, and ALL my 7 next lvl (I'm lvl 83 actually) will be in more armor. At lvl 86, I'll reach 40K armor, and at lvl 90, I'll reach 50K.

In bonus : So much armor = an amazing true mitigation, white/blue/yellow monster can't damage me with physical damage.
The mathematical formula for mitigation is :

Damage Reduction Factor = Armour / ( Armour + (12 * Damage) )

Actually, I've 35K armor without flask, we'll calculate with 35K.I'll use random number for base damage of white/blue/yellow monster, but it's just for exemple. And I ignore my permanently 3 endurance charge.

White monster, 200 damage per attack

Damage Reduction Factor = 35000 / ( 35000 + (12 * 200) ) = 0.9358

So, with 35K armor, a white monster with 200 physical damage per attack will it me at 200 * 0.06 = 12 damage.

Vaal Smash, 6K damage and 6K fire

Damage Reduction Factor = 35000 / ( 35000 + (12 * 6000) ) = 0.327

With a 6K base physical damage, my mitigation is ... 33%.

So, I'll take 4K physical damage + the fire damage.

With my 70K armor with Jade Flask, I reach 50% mitigation.

Tanking version and DPS version

Know there are 2 version of this build : Tanking and DPS, but of course DPS version is still an increadible tank, but do more damage and is very very expensive (near of 500 ex if you don't have necessary items).

The DPS version have 30K armor and can reach 35/40K dps.

Screenshot Tanking Version

Defense, Aura ON, NO Jade/Granite Flask

Defense, Aura ON, Jade Flask ON

Offense, new Soul Taker

Screenshot DPS Version

Offense, new Soul Taker

Defense, Aura ON, NO Jade/Granite Flask

So, the rest of the post will be split in 2 part : tanking version and DPS version.

Tanking Version
Spoiler

The gear

This build is based on aura, I cast 3 aura 60% + 1 aura 40/25% (at lvl 91, I'll cast 40% + 25 %). So, I play with 6 mana, Soul Taker (New or Legacy, I play with new) is absolute necessary.
It's why this build is very expensive if you don't have a Soul Taker, it'll cost (for Soul + others items) 100 ex with a new Soul, 200 ex with a Legacy Soul, and if you want with the best chest for this build, it will be a mirror for just that piece.

Absolute necessary items

On rings, you need Strength, Intel, Eva, ES.
Strength cause Determination lvl 17 need 140 Strength, this build reach 80 Strength on the tree with 1 point at 30 Strength, so u need find min 60 strength on 2 ring/belt.

Alpha Howl vs ES helmet :

Alpha Howl : Frozen Immunity (useless) 8% mana reserve (I'll take that in tree), 700 eva -> 5/6K armor.

ES helmet : With a 350 ES helmet, I win 1K ES, better elemental resistance

So, Alpha Howl or ES helmet?
For me, ES helmet is better, 1K more ES is very good for Vaal Smash or Dominus' "attack of god". I can take the 8% mana reservation in passive tree (I'll take a 4% point next lvl, so I'll can cast 1 40% aura).

Frozen Immunity useless? Yes !
I've a dream fragment, I thought use it on % extra cold damage map ... but you'll see in my Shrine video (I'll update it this night), -25% max res + 88% extra cold damage ... I was frozen 1 time (for 1 seconde) and it wasn't by Piety !

I'm not a very rich player in POE (for exemple, my Soul Taker was a drop on Dominus and isn't a legacy Soul).
So, my gear is not perfect, it need a lot of update, like chest, I use a Carcass Jack, cause I've a Perz Reave build and my Carcass Jack was on this character.

Of course, a 600 eva + 600 ES is better than a Carcass Jack, but if you want play without Carcass Jack, you will need remove Concentrated Effect or take Master of the Arena as soon as possible(+40% aoe on cyclone).

My gear

Gems

For auras, you need :

Determination lvl 17 + Grace + Discipline + reduced mana
You can cast another 40/25% aura, I switch when necessary between Tempest Shield, Purity of Element, Purity of Lightning and Purity of Fire

If you want more Aura use Alpha Howl, if you want more ES use a 350+ ES helmet. Actually, I use a 350 ES helmet, cause I reach 6.2K ES with it, but I need reach lvl 87 to can cast a 40% aura, actually with this helmet, I can only cast my 3 x 60% auras.

The attack skill :

If you have use a Carcass Jack :
5L Cyclone 20% - Faster Attack - Melee Physical Damage - Melee Damage on full life - Concentrated Effect

6L Cyclone 20% - Faster Attack - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Melee Damage on full life - Concentrated Effect

Still working on a no Carcass jack version, actually I think about Master of Arena + Concentrated Effect.

Replace Concentrated Effect by WED could be good too.

Cast WHen Damage Taken :

Cast WHen damage taken lvl 1 - Enduring Cry - Increased AOE - Enfeeble (more tanking value)

Cast When damage taken lvl 17 - Molten Shell lvl 17 - Blood Rage lvl 17.

Cause with a 40% aura, I've 6 mana, so I can't cast Blood Rage myself. And lvl 17 because with the 20% quality, you reach 10% life leech at lvl 17, more lvl on this gem is useless for my build.

Bandits

Kill all bandits in all difficulty, 3 passives points are usefull.

Passive tree

At lvl 62, we can take Aegis + carcass + rainbow (lvl 59 for rainbow), it will give a lot of ES, so we can switch to CI mod.

DPS Version
Spoiler

The gear

Absolute necessary items

You'll use added fire damage gem, Hatred, Wrath and Anger, so WED on belt + 2 ring will be so amazing damage boost.

My gear

Gems

Auras :

Mana : 4L gloves/boots : Determination + Grace + Discipline + reduced mana

Life : 4L helmet : Hatred + Wrath + Anger + reduced mana

3L weapon/shield : reduced mana + tempest shield + 40% aura of you choice

The 40% aura on weapon/shield must be cast on life and tempest on mana, like that you have enought mana to active blood rage manualy.

To reserve on life without use Blood Magic gem, use The covenant or Malachai's Simula, and of course, cast life aura first.

It will ask you keep this items on you and cast it at each new map ... but it'll take you only 10 secondes, you don't need change gems, just change 1 item, cast 4 auras, change 1 item and cast 4 other auras.

The attack skill :

6L Cyclone 20% - Faster Attack - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Weapon ELemental Damage - Concentrated Effect

WED will interact with Added fire damage, Hatred, Wrath and Anger and give you so massive damage.

Cast WHen Damage Taken :

Cast WHen damage taken lvl 1 - Enduring Cry - Increased AOE - Enfeeble (more tanking value)

Bandits

Kill all bandits in all difficulty, 3 passives points are usefull.

Passive tree

This dps version start at lvl 81.

Last edited by Evelyus on Apr 13, 2014, 4:16:17 PM
50k armor without granite and jade on? Sick

-can easily swap out for any aura like purity of fire / lightning etc?
-what is dps like for bosses (solo play ofc)?
-you desperately need some more accuracy, your hit chance is low. why dont you just take RT?

Other than that, I like it and I am jealous!
Last edited by theamazingjojo on Dec 31, 2013, 6:44:05 AM
"

-you desperately need some more accuracy, your hit chance is low

Added that on my post :

I can cast 1 40%/25% aura + 3 x 60%. Tempest Shield, Purity Light/fire/cold if u need (At lvl 91/94, I'll can cast 3x60% + 40% + 25%).

DPS, 5.2K on tooltip (I don't have any 20/20% gem) it's enought for solo boss.
I know I need accuracy, I think take Resolute Technique at lvl 93. Why not before? Cause it's 3 point ... so, I don't take Inner force? I don't take 40% evasion?

And yes, I think reach 50K armor without Granite/Jade flask. My 37K on screen is without Jade/Granite flask. I reach 67K with Jade flask, but I never use it.
Last edited by Evelyus on Dec 31, 2013, 6:57:54 AM
"
Evelyus wrote:
"

-you desperately need some more accuracy, your hit chance is low

Added that on my post :

I can cast 1 40%/25% aura + 3 x 60%. Tempest Shield, Purity Light/fire/cold if u need (At lvl 91/94, I'll can cast 3x60% + 40% + 25%).

DPS, 5.2K on tooltip (I don't have any 20/20% gem) it's enought for solo boss.
I know I need accuracy, I think take Resolute Technique at lvl 93.

And yes, I think reach 50K armor without Granite/Jade flask. My 37K on screen is without Jade/Granite flask. I reach 67K with Jade flask, but I never use it.

Mate, I think you reach much more ... you can reach 100k armor with all flasks on. Crazy

When you get that 700 es chest, will probably be one of the best builds in the game ... crazy armor, block and spell block, chaos immunity, AA ES refresh. Great, loving it. Well done. Awesome build.

"

Mate, I think you reach much more ... you can reach 100k armor with all flasks on. Crazy

When you get that 700 es chest, will probably be one of the best builds in the game ... crazy armor, block and spell block, chaos immunity, AA ES refresh. Great, loving it. Well done. Awesome build.

Ya, at lvl 90 and with the 800 ES chest (need a mirror ...) I'll be immortal, and yes, with a good Jade flask (no jade + granite, just jade), I think reach 100K armor, so 4K ES regen per block ...
"
Evelyus wrote:
"

Ya, at lvl 90 and with the 800 ES chest (need a mirror ...) I'll be immortal, and yes, with a good Jade flask (no jade + granite, just jade), I think reach 100K armor, so 4K ES regen per block ...

No you dont reach 100k with just jade, but with both jade and granite. Granite alone can give almost 20k (3000 x 1.9 determination x ~3 from 200% armor only %'s) But its great vs a -max shrine piety, for example. You refresh half your es per block. Crazy.
"

No you dont reach 100k with just jade, but with both jade and granite. Granite alone can give almost 20k (3000 x 1.9 determination x ~3 from 200% armor only %'s) But its great vs a -max shrine piety, for example. You refresh half your es per block. Crazy.

At lvl 90, I'll have 274 boost for Eva.

With Inner Force Jade Flask = 3000 Eva + 21% = 3630 Eva. 3630 x 3,74 = 13576.
Determination : 13576 x 1.9 = 25794.

So, assuming that I've 50K armor at lvl 90. 50K + 25794 = 75K794.

+ 95+% increased armor effect on the jade flask = probably 100K armor, maybe 95K.
Last edited by Evelyus on Dec 31, 2013, 7:51:02 AM
"
Evelyus wrote:
"

At lvl 90, I'll have 274 boost for Eva.

With Inner Force Jade Flask = 3000 Eva + 21% = 3630 Eva. 3630 x 3,74 = 13576.
Determination : 13576 x 1.9 = 25794.

So, assuming that I've 50K armor at lvl 90. 50K + 25794 = 75K794.

+ 95+% increased armor effect on the jade flask = probably 100K armor, maybe 95K.

Armor

Granite 3000 + Shield 438 with 75% defenses from tree = 3000 + 766 = 3766
Determination level 22 53% x 1.91 = 101% more armor
Armor increases are 100% from perfect granite suffix and 114% from tree = 214%

3766 x 2.01 x 3.14 = 23768, most of this is coming from the granite, thats crazy enough

Evasion

Grace 2166 x 1.91 = 4137
Base evasion and level up evasion ~300
Jade flask 3000
Gear evasion 2157 (counted rings too)
4137 + 300 + 3000 + 2157 = 9594

Determination 53% x 1.91 = 101% more armor
Armor increases are 100% from perfect granite suffix and 114% from tree = 214%
Evasion only increases are 100% from jade and 160% from tree
Total evasion increases are +474%

9594 x 2.01 x 5.74 = 110689

You are right ^^

But your calculations had some mistakes, for example inner force does not work on flasks anymore. And you multiplied the jade flask % with the passive tree eva %, they are actually additive with each other.

Saw the piety video, you play with a lot of risks ^^ That was ballsy. On a -max piety, you should keep topaz flasks uptime as much as possible and use jade flask for high ES refresh.

Thanks for sharing the build, and maybe you can post more videos when you have the time :)
Last edited by theamazingjojo on Dec 31, 2013, 8:25:32 AM
buff effect and Inner force : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Buff

"This will increase: [...]Granite Flask" And it'll probably works too on my 99% more armor from flask (it's a buff too) :

"And you multiplied the jade flask %"

I didn't, I just said there are the 95%+ that I didn't count.

And yes, in 2 lvl (after Inner Force), I'll try face tank the boss of Crematorium, of course i'll record that ^^.

PS: And 110689 it's without the 400+ armor from Aegis and probably 360+ from a belt (i don't have a belt with 360+ armor, but u can) and without the 21% in Jade Flask effect :p
Last edited by Evelyus on Dec 31, 2013, 8:47:36 AM
"
Evelyus wrote:
buff effect and Inner force : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Buff

"This will increase: [...]Granite Flask" And it'll probably works too on my 99% more armor from flask (it's a buff too) :

"And you multiplied the jade flask %"

I didn't, I just said there are the 95%+ that I didn't count.

And yes, in 2 lvl (after Inner Force), I'll try face tank the boss of Crematorium, of course i'll record that ^^.

Wiki has lots of errors mate! That is defo outdated, it was in a patch ages ago! Nastakanoth had made a huge rage topic about it lol, he said it ruined his FB cyclone build

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/601632

Sorry misunderstood you about the other part :)
Last edited by theamazingjojo on Dec 31, 2013, 8:48:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info