Known Issues & Common Technical Problems

hey sorry to make another post but i have a problem that occurs before the pather can even download the game it starts up checks resources then i get the error "received a packet that is too large to deserialise" i have tried pack check and removing and reinstalling everything totally and they dnt work and i am out of ideas short of reinstalling windows totally
My Geforce 9800 GT and died almost spoiled with Path of Exile. The temperature jumped from 85º degrees to 118º degrees, with the resolution of 1920x1080 and All Options Enabled. I changed the resolution to 1024x768 Path of Exile and changed all the options for the minimum and the temperature of the video card dropped to 85º Degrees
Im getting some crashes in client.exe when i change maps ( mostly )
The last one, when i jumped to Vaal Ruins 1, the game crashed and i got this message in windows environment:

Exception

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code 8 Offset: 2670985216 Size:5603470

I'm running PoE in Windows 7 Professional, 4Gb ram
My laptop is an Asus G1Sn ( Geforce 8600GT ) w/ latest drivers

Sometimes, in some areas of PoE, i got 5 (five) FR/s!!

What can i do?

Thanks in advance
The Real Korgh since Diablo I
Hi all,

I have read every forum thread there is about my three different problems, so I'll just post a reply in this thread to see if anyone out there can figure this thing out.

My problem is different than all i've read - Since mine involves at least THREE of the known problems in following steps.

First off, I do of course launch the game as administrator. Doesnt work. I change the IP and make sure the firewall is still turned off and all of those suggestions ive read about. Doesnt make a difference.

I still try to launch the game though. It says "Connecting..." and after a few minutes it says: "Connection Failure. Unable to connect to patching server" and I have to choose OK.

After retrying it for a half and hour it somehow pushes through (without me trying a different approach, just friggin spamming) and start launching the "Checking resources" message, then it gets back to the "Connecting..." failure again.

In a few other tries, I've gotten to the patch content, where it loads succesfully, but yet again I get redirected to the "Connecting...", followed by the "Connection Failure. Unable to connect to patching server".

Then after another hour, I FINALLY somehow get launched into the Main menu, and now trying to connect to the servers.

Here I stay for another hour, trying to force-spam myself into the game. I'm not even put in a queue at this point. There it says: "Connecting to server". "Unable to connect to server."

Until one time, where im acctually getting logged into my character room. There im clicking the first HC char im able to choose in order to acctually enter the game.

So what happens then? Yeah, I get instant dc'ed while on the loading screen, and forced back to the main menu. There ive been for the last hour yet again.

So to summit it up, my problems are the following:

1) Stuck at "Connecting...", "Connection Failure. Unable to connect to patching server"

2) Stuck at "Checking resources", and then again "Connecting...", "Connection Failure. Unable to connect to patching server"

3) After downloading a new patch successfully, i get redirected to the same as above, "Connection failure. Unable to connect to patching server".

4) The server problem is known by now so I dont ask for any support to that, I will just retry it in an hour or two.

What ive read this "Connection Failure. Unable to connect to patching server" probably has to do with my own Internet provider, and I guess it can be. But does anyone have anything else to give me?

Cheers,
Chubb
I like how most of the errors are our fault, or our ISP. Right...
How to cap frames, when Iam using an 120 hz LCD, Vsync will only cap to 120 fps, which is way to high.
Hello I have a problem after passing the first time shows 1 life?? help fix
So I have been trolling the forums looking for any kind of answer to my question but have found none. If anyone is able to answer this question I would be greatly appreciative.

So when I run the game even after turning my graphics down to min I watch the task manager and the CPU usage stays between 80-100 % and 60-75 at times. Now when I shut the game down my computer runs perfect.
I am running a Gateway Gaming and entertainment system with a 2.0GHz processor and 4Gb ram. My video card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600.

I am not aware of any new viruses out there that cause this issue and I have up to date virus software.
"
jonnyj03 wrote:
"
I’m getting frequent framerate spikes while playing.

We’re still working on preloading some effects, so you should cast skills like Summon Skeletons that have load-intensive effects before you enter combat. All monster effects will be preloaded in future.

ETA on this so I can play this game again? Not fun losing HC characters because of FPS drops.

I get FPS drops on 800x600... My computer can run Skyrim, Farcry3 etc. on Ultra with 60+FPS Constant...

Can you tell do you get spikes and stuttering everywhere? I get crazy stuttering in many act3 places, especially when i fight vs ranged mobs.. and the last boss makes my pc freeze a lot.

Dont forget to press f8(make screenshot) as for me, making screenshot while playing the game produces minimum 5sec intolerable freezing!
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
при получении кристалла (сдача квеста, окно выбора кристалов было открыто), выкинуло из игры, когда вновь загрузился, кристал уже не предлагают..

если не сложно ответьте в ЛС или на почту 80952091876@rambler.ru заранее благодарен

ВСЕ НОРМ, СПС
Last edited by Mopo3 on Feb 1, 2013, 6:28:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info