1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Great guide, really enjoying it thus far!
Hey I thought about modifying this build a little:



How about taking the bottom path only till Unwavering Stance and going to duelist health nodes through upper path? This way you avoid taking the useless dex node at the cost of using 1 more point, but at least you're getting some hp and damage from the str point.
Last edited by daamain on February 13, 2013 11:15 PM
"
daamain wrote:
Hey I thought about modifying this build a little:



How about taking the bottom path only till Unwavering Stance and going to duelist health nodes through upper path? This way you avoid taking the useless dex node at the cost of using 1 more point, but at least you're getting some hp and damage from the str point.


Using one more point to avoid taking a dex node isn't worth it (one strength node gives 5 base life and 2% more damage, both of which are extremely negligible). If you were to take that path, go the other way around for blood magic and go to Smashing Blows through Bloodless. This also positions you better for the center life nodes.

Like so
What you'd be doing with any extra points afterwards
How crucial is Unwavering Stance? Is stun very problematic on high levels with this kind of health pool?
"
daamain wrote:
How crucial is Unwavering Stance? Is stun very problematic on high levels with this kind of health pool?


I didn't need it until I hit 62, I have 3k life all max resis but chaos and I find I only die when I get stunned and cant be spamming sweep.
In the end if I choose to go the path Halinn posted the ammount of points spent is the same. The only difference lies in getting Smashing blows. Taking bottom path you have to take 2x mace dmg, taking top path bloodless and spend 1 point less. Which choice is more favourable?
"
daamain wrote:
In the end if I choose to go the path Halinn posted the ammount of points spent is the same. The only difference lies in getting Smashing blows. Taking bottom path you have to take 2x mace dmg, taking top path bloodless and spend 1 point less. Which choice is more favourable?


The difference between them amounts to very little. Go for whichever suits your fancy. Personally, I prefer having that dex node, since it opens up for some more equipment options until you get to endgame gears.
Last edited by Halinn on February 14, 2013 1:07 AM
"
Halinn wrote:
"
daamain wrote:
In the end if I choose to go the path Halinn posted the ammount of points spent is the same. The only difference lies in getting Smashing blows. Taking bottom path you have to take 2x mace dmg, taking top path bloodless and spend 1 point less. Which choice is more favourable?


The difference between them amounts to very little. Go for whichever suits your fancy. Personally, I prefer having that dex node, since it opens up for some more equipment options until you get to endgame gears.


What equipment can you use thanks to that single dex node?
Dex nodes are nice if you are planning to use faster attacks gem.
Also if you are planning to go to Diamond skin and to ranger HP nodes you will take eventually some DEX which again is really helfull cause it gives you damage by letting you equip higher level faster attacks.

*note you will need a 5L for that
I'm playing this build right now. Come on if you have any questions:
http://www.twitch.tv/f_ram

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info