1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Ritchey92 wrote:
"
shadowbeast82 wrote:
I'm doing lvl67 maps atm with this build. But I'm curious, could anyone that is around lvl75 or so post their build? I'm not very sure about how to progress my build.

I suggest heading towards vaal pact , some good life nodes + dmg in that area.

for your reference

IGN: Linsfamily_ST
so, how are people doing with this build in merci/maps? i've found that by level 64 i could skip a couple of the keystones of the build: blood magic and unwavering stance. with 8 endurance charges up + molt shell + armor aura + granite flasks of iron skin + 80% all resists i don't have any problem tanking stuff. 3.3k life and 4k armor before charges/buffs is pretty damn sexy. DPS is okay, nothing amazing - 4.3k dps heavy strike and 2k dps ground slam. since i didn't take blood magic determination aura + hatred works pretty damn well.

current build

IGN ProfessorBeefcakes/ImTooSexyForMyCleave
I plan do this 490 Strength love it
"
Demonzu wrote:
"
Seepage wrote:
Lovin this buildso far. Only thing that kinda has me on edge is the "all melee does poor end game". Is this true? if so i might just run a witch :(

Far from the truth. A proper ground slam build will roll even the hardest maps.

And what, prey-tell, is 'a proper ground slam build', and where can we find one, if this is not it?
"
spiky0209 wrote:
"
Ritchey92 wrote:
"
shadowbeast82 wrote:
I'm doing lvl67 maps atm with this build. But I'm curious, could anyone that is around lvl75 or so post their build? I'm not very sure about how to progress my build.

I suggest heading towards vaal pact , some good life nodes + dmg in that area.

for your reference

Thanks, that's looking good. I'm guessing you have way better gear than me, or that you trust your endurance stacks to cover resistance, cause I'm hesitant to drop the second diamond skin. I'm thinking about speccing out of it and getting body and soul tho, saving 1 passive but losing 5% allres.

My passives atm:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwPzBLhFCAUTRRxGS4aOCDwIWAn1SftKLUt0jIJOlI62DwtQKBBP1BHUFBR5lRJVgRXDVhjWfNfP2BLYIhhUmoeajtyqXTtdPF673uMfLt82YM4hmCMz5BVkc6euZ7Nnz6fy6IAouqmZKcwp4SoGKlorKq0L7ndu-3AGsRYxPbFisauxtjJmNIh2WHewd-_5K3nUudj7DjvDu9O73zwH_Iv8kXz3fZI977-Cg==
Uhh going up from the templar part for the fitness and divine toughness and surrounding life nodes is more % life per point than going for the middle circle.

E: the upward path for the fitness + divine toughness gives 68% max life for 12 points, while going for the life circle gives 84% life for 17 points. Respective +% life per 1 point are 5.666 for the upward path and 4.94 for the circle.
IGN BlastCleave (HC)
Last edited by BlastBeat on Feb 14, 2013, 11:10:42 AM
"
shadowbeast82 wrote:
Thanks, that's looking good. I'm guessing you have way better gear than me, or that you trust your endurance stacks to cover resistance, cause I'm hesitant to drop the second diamond skin. I'm thinking about speccing out of it and getting body and soul tho, saving 1 passive but losing 5% allres.

That saved point can be used to get a 6% all node, if your gear doesn't cover it.
"
Halinn wrote:
"
shadowbeast82 wrote:

That saved point can be used to get a 6% all node, if your gear doesn't cover it.

Good point. But what should one aim for? I feel that having a decent amount of res before stacking a few charges is nice for when facing certain enemies in maps, but I see the point in sacrificing base res and trusting endurance to cover it, making it possible to focus more on chaos res.

I have around 70 allres with no charges, maybe that's overkill?
great build for newbies ... thanks :)
Ninja, first of all: thanx for the big efford and a truly newbie friendly mara guide.
I followed it until now, even left some damage nodes to get to the templar life nodes earlier - but I have sad news for you:
General Garvicus in cruel is not soloable with this build.
For me, that is.

I am lvl 53

I have full fire resi, plus a ruby flask with me
I health regen 92 per second
My heavy strike hits for 1280 and 30 life per hit
I have 1920 hp
I have 5 Endurance charges running for 15 seconds
I am not undergeared

Seems like I have to group up for the first time now, which is sad, cause I thought this Marabuild works for soloplay.
Until now it did, as I said - but I just cannot kill this General, and when I facetank him more than the endurance / ruby flask allow me to, my life melts down like nothing.

Maybe I overlooked something, some sort of mean little trick (bear trap doesn't work, btw), cause I would love to finish at least "cruel" solo. As it stands now, I will not.
Any suggestions before I go on playing my summoner witch?
Last edited by Aysnvaust on Feb 14, 2013, 3:07:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info