1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

im thinking on using this guide, is it updated to the last changelogs?
"
hernanlafu12 wrote:
im thinking on using this guide, is it updated to the last changelogs?

People are still discussing it because it still works. I'm running a build VERY close to the OP and doing relatively well (even with weak armor) at level 70.
Last edited by SpidaFly on Feb 19, 2014, 4:46:43 PM
I absolutely love this build. This is my first character and I just hit level 80. I have respecced in certain places because of the gear I have, and used some end game advice listed in the improvements section. The problem is that I'm about to hit level 81, and I'm not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be great.

Gear
Spoiler

Passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ_MEuEUIBRNGJEZLho4GlUbyCftKS4ppS3SMZ4yCTWSNug62DrhPfxBP0MxRmlKyE3jTipQR1BQUeZUSVcNWGNYr1nzXhNfP2BLYSFko2oebEZuqnJsdO14DXrve4x8uHy7gziE74dqiPGMz5BVkc6ezZ_LogCi6qZXpmSnMKeEqBipaKlurFmsqrQvtfK2Qbndu-3AGsWKxtjJmNIh2WHeweSt51LnY-w47w7vfPAf8i_yRfPd9kj3vv4K_o8=

Thanks guys!
IGN: Ahjr
Heya,

Firstly, thanks for the guide and informative posts. This build has taken me to level 56 with relative ease.

I just have a simple question. I understand damage nodes are not necessary, but is there any reason we should not take the first "Melee Damage, 15% increase physical damage' node right off the start?
It would only be one more point.

Cheers,
Take it. The original tree has some suboptimal choices and not taking this node is one of them.
Don't however take the 15% at scion start, nor the 12% 2H weapon damage and 1h damage and life in the lower part of the tree. So a good basis would be this. I haven't put all the res nodes as in the original tree. I feel it's really overkill, but you can adjust the tree with your gear.

Next the idea is to go either for life and area bonus in templar (tree) or go Master of the arena and leather and steel in duelist (tree). And eventually you'll go in both areas with more tweak on the tree to spare points.

@rhaj519 : I'd go for Master of the Arena, Acceleration and Leather and Steel, something like that. If possible, I'd also remove the 2x15 fire res after Diamond Skin.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Feb 20, 2014, 1:51:01 PM
Thanks. I'm trying to enough int to use a level 20 purity of elements so I can get rid of those fire resist nodes. That is some great advice to go Master of the Arena. Thanks!
"
rhaj519 wrote:
I absolutely love this build. This is my first character and I just hit level 80. I have respecced in certain places because of the gear I have, and used some end game advice listed in the improvements section. The problem is that I'm about to hit level 81, and I'm not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be great.

Gear
Spoiler

Passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ_MEuEUIBRNGJEZLho4GlUbyCftKS4ppS3SMZ4yCTWSNug62DrhPfxBP0MxRmlKyE3jTipQR1BQUeZUSVcNWGNYr1nzXhNfP2BLYSFko2oebEZuqnJsdO14DXrve4x8uHy7gziE74dqiPGMz5BVkc6ezZ_LogCi6qZXpmSnMKeEqBipaKlurFmsqrQvtfK2Qbndu-3AGsWKxtjJmNIh2WHeweSt51LnY-w47w7vfPAf8i_yRfPd9kj3vv4K_o8=

Thanks guys!

Well all depends how do you feel, if you wana go more offensive or defensive, maybe think about vaal pact?
"
rhaj519 wrote:

Gear
Spoiler

Passive tree

Thanks guys!

Too much life leech, need a new amulet ASAP.

No reason why gloves shouldn't be 4L.. you can put a whole bunch of goodies in that 4th slot.

Try immortal call? For most people, it beats 7 endurance charges uptime. If you like it, youll be able to respec 6 pts.

How are you resists? Seems like they'll be a little low.
I added purity of elements, so my resists are now maxed at 77%. I was also able to now respec the 2 resist fire nodes and the diamond skin.

How much life leech do I need? I was worried about removing life leech gems, so maybe overcompensated?

If I put in immortal call, what level do I train it to? Do I still leave CWDT at level 1 and enfeeble and endurance cry at 5? I was worried about continuously losing my endurance charges because I like their defense.

Thanks for all of the advice, this is really helpful!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info