1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

This build is awesome and i just wanted to say thank you. It allows you to get to endgame content without investing tons of currency. only downside: you are not a freakin' fastmap clearer with it. never ;)

I am going in the stun direction now, but from lvl 86 (where i am at)it's a tough way up to the 90ies ;)

Spoiler
My skill tree at the moment (hoping for a great marauder skilltree change with the expansion):

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OPA_MEuEUIBRNFHEaOBpVIQIhVSftKvYt0jGeMfsyCTWSNug5DjrYQKBBP0GqRmlN2E3jUEdQUFHmVElXDVg9WGNYr1nzXz9gS2EhZKNqHmxGcmxyqXTteA1673uMfNmBK4FvgziE74cpiPGMdozPkFWRzpSHnjyeuZ7Fns2fPp_LogCi6qZXpmSnMKeEqBipaKlurFmsqrQvtfK53bvtwBrG2MmY0iHZYd7B37Lfv-Lq5K3nUuw47w7vfPIv8932SPcy-Ov-jw==

My gear ( mix of mf and survivability and dmg for maps up to 75 with decent mods ;)):
Spoiler

with item quantity i have 14k gs-damage. with the added fire its around 18500.

Any tips from me? Yes:
Get a carnage heart. The 25% less life is a joke (its taken from your base life, not the modified one. I loose around 300 life with it). you get life leech, attributs, ele resist. You can drop the lifeleech in your 5l or 6l and get a huge damage boost. And low life leech Carnage hearts sell for chaos. get a divine and hope for the best then ;) i bought mine for 10 chaos, divined it and was happy (in most cases, even low life leech is absolutely enough: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Life#Life_Leech ). aaaaand: you can drop the 2% life leech node. As a bonus ;)

So: Carnage heart. Awesome ...
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Feb 24, 2014, 6:53:06 AM
Quick question. With 15000+ DPS on my melee skills and 4400+ life, can I safely ditch the 2% life leech passive in the tree if I have a 10% life leech Carnage Heart?

Thanks for the advice.
you can leech 880 life per second (20% of your max life). 10% off 15k is 1500. So: yes. I would say ;) Some might know better ... but i dropped the 2% and have no problem at all (with 4200 life at mf gear and about 13500 dps)
Last edited by ghamadvar on Feb 24, 2014, 12:36:52 PM
First off, great build.

I am using it now and am level 55.

My question is how is faster attacks built into this build? I dont have enough dex to use it with my 5L chest if I were to move a level 1 faster attack from my other character over. What am I missing?
Maybe items with +dex? Get a carnage heart ;)
Or you take some dex-nodes in the skill tree ...
i use Versatility, Hard Knocks and Quickness to solve the needs for Faster Attacks, Enfeeble and Item Rarity ...

anyone a good idea to continue to skill? currently i'm in act 3 merciless(gardens and temple). my intentions are

1) "discipline and training" to get more life(+Faith and Steel, + Enforcer)
2) "reaver" for more damage
3) endurance charges nodes but until now i see no benefit(max i see are 3)

Spoiler

Spoiler

a question to the unique item deidbell: "cannot leech when on low life" means i can't leech life/mana or does it mean my opponent can't leech on me ...
Last edited by Schahar on Feb 25, 2014, 5:51:40 AM
You can't leech. Also you might want to replace your weapon, even though it's 5L.
"
Pavetsu wrote:
You can't leech. Also you might want to replace your weapon, even though it's 5L.

Thanks - I thought as much :-( There is no need for the 5L in my Weapon, but I have not got anything much better ... until now.
Anyway I can improve my damage while I save up for a 5L Mace? Here is my gear so far, level 78.

Spoiler

My GS is only doing 5300 DPS and my HS is 9600, and my clear speed seems quite slow. I still can't solo maps higher than 68 without dieing too much and can only do certain 68 maps that are easier even though resists are maxed except chaos and my armor is near 4k and my life is 3.2k.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Feb 26, 2014, 2:22:31 PM
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
Anyway I can improve my damage while I save up for a 5L Mace? Here is my gear so far, level 78.

Spoiler

My GS is only doing 5300 DPS and my HS is 9600, and my clear speed seems quite slow. I still can't solo maps higher than 68 without dieing too much and can only do certain 68 maps that are easier even though resists are maxed except chaos and my armor is near 4k and my life is 3.2k.

You can't run 1% (or 3% if you took passive, can't see your tree) life leech, not at those low DPS levels. Your damage mitigation is alright (minus horrible CWDT setup), it's your sustain that's not working. Here's what I would suggest:

-Get a new belt (rustic sash). Your current belt does virtually nothing for you. Sash will give a nice boost to DPS, and you can also get life or 1 res. This kind of belt will run you ~1C.
-Your cast when damage taken setup doesn't work. The required level on the supported skill (Immortal Call) can NOT be higher than the required level of CWDT. Since your CWDT is lvl59, and your IC is 62, your cast when damage taken setup does not do anything at all.
-You should have endurance charges to take advantage of immortal call. Otherwise, Immortal call only lasts half a second. Use Enduring Cry.
-You need more life leech. Either grab a Carnage Heart, use blood rage, or simply replace your Added Fire damage gem with Life Leech. Added fire doesn't get multiplied by the +dmg passives, so the damage boost you get from this support gem is very low. Also, you do not leech life back from elemental damage.
-Spell Totem+Skeletons is a good skill.. but without faster cast, it's not effective to cast during combat. Into your boots, put: Enfeeble->Cast When Damage Taken->Decoy Totem->Enduring Cry. CWDT should be less than lvl5.

Are you wearing Chest armor? If yes, get at least 4 sockets and put:
Cast When damage taken (between level 10-15), Molten Shell, Immortal Call and Increased duration. Use the highest level of last 3 skills that is LOWER than the CWDT. For example, if you use a lvl10 CWDT (required level 49), you should use: lvl12 Molten Shell (req lvl 47) and Lvl10 Immortal Call (req lvl 10). The increased duration can be any level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info