1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Hoping this build doesn't get nerfed with any upcoming changes in 1.1.0. Would like to try playing it in the new league. =)
"
rhaj519 wrote:

How much life leech do I need? I was worried about removing life leech gems, so maybe overcompensated?

I'm playing with the 2% life leech from the Blood Drinker node without any LL/LGOH support gems in GS and its working fine @ lvl 80. My GS is doin round about 6k pDPS (fire dmg and cold dmg from hatred substracted from the DPS tooltip).

For critical situations (endbosses and so on) i left LL in my HS.
Last edited by Mythrandir on Feb 21, 2014, 8:27:52 AM
Hi, I'm following the build almost to the letter and it works like a charm. I play solo only and all my items are self-found. Perfect build for those lazy like me. :)

Oh, an it's the mace found yesterday that I am especially proud of.
Are there no dexterity nodes in this build? I find myself missing attacks fairly often, so I'm thinking I need to branch off and get some dexterity built up so my accuracy improves. No point in being super strong if you're not landing your hits all the time.
"
Schyler wrote:
Are there no dexterity nodes in this build? I find myself missing attacks fairly often, so I'm thinking I need to branch off and get some dexterity built up so my accuracy improves. No point in being super strong if you're not landing your hits all the time.

The build includes Resolute Technique.
I just finished soloing Dominus on Merciless and wanted to take a moment to endorse this build and thank the OP for writing a great guide. I had to give up on my first character. It was a summoner witch and while it wasn't a complete disaster there's only so far you can go when a stiff breeze splatters your organs against the far wall.

I turned to this build to try and get through the game from end to end and it worked like a charm. That last fight with Dominus basically turned into a series of suicide runs but that was the only point where I had to resort to that. I never had to join parties to get past a point and I was able to use nothing but found items and normal items I upgraded to basic magic items with orbs. Here is where I ended up:

Level: 65

Passive Skill Tree

Items:
Spoiler

The body and helm were originally normal items but I upgraded them to magic and threw a regal orb on them before hitting the tower to try and get that little extra edge. It didn't do much.
"If you truly care for others then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory." -Kreia
Last edited by 18nom on Feb 23, 2014, 7:19:55 AM
"
18nom wrote:

well, i think you can optimize few things here..

1. in the beginning those 2 nodes with strike multiplier can be substituted with the one strentgh (save 1 point)
2. i think its better to remove bloodless node located near blood magic and instead use +10 strength (few enemies actually leech life, someone explaint before),
3. try to get all resistance from gear, that way you can save 1 node (diamond flesh) near vaal pact (and if you don't need dex, use +10 strength in the upper part instead),
3a. you can also save those 3 nodes (+18%) near scion, unfortunately, you will have to respec +15 melee also, but you can use 3 nodes to get berserking which will give you +21% attack speed (sweet), and still have one node left :)
3b. you can even respec sentinel node under those three +18% res nodes, if you think you can sustain loss of 24% armor (and further respec that alone +10 strength), that gives you 2 point more
4. almost forgot, you can respec diamond skin (if your gear sustain res loss) (save 1 point)

you'll have 6 points to use now. i would use them on life +8%.. this leaves you 2 points.. dunno, maybe those 2 nodes with +4 attack speed..

still thinking about executioner, that accuracy is sticking my eye, but 12% increased phys is cool though..

summary
loose:
critical strike multiplier
enemies cannot leech life
+22% all resistance
+10 dex
+15% melee damage
+18% each resistance
+24% increased evasion and armor
+10 strength

gain:
+29% attack speed O_O
+30 strength
+32% life

p.s. i was doing calculations without help tools (using brain :O), so there could be some math mistakes :)..
p.p.s. unfortunately, optimizing tree regarding resistance can be quite costly (expensive high res gear..)

Last edited by ljove on Feb 23, 2014, 2:53:12 PM
Wouldn't it be better to go for Versatility so your accuracy improves without having to stop landing critical damage?

Also, the original post says newbies won't reach past 80 and it's impossible to reach level 100. Why is that? Is this build not strong enough?
"
Schyler wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to go for Versatility so your accuracy improves without having to stop landing critical damage?

Also, the original post says newbies won't reach past 80 and it's impossible to reach level 100. Why is that? Is this build not strong enough?

First of all Resolute Technique is taken so you do not have to worry about accuracy. Without it now you not only need to concern yourself about accuracy, strength, element resist, damage, armor, etc... Having one less to worry about will help a new player.

Being able to crit is not the end all be all stat. It is something that many have survived without. Also you might have to have more affixes on gear to increase crit hit chance along with maybe respecting some nodes just to be able to land a crit. You may even need to use a support gem to increase it even further to make it viable.

I am not sure how to drop Resolute Technique in such a way where you would have decent accuracy along with all the rest that this build provides.

It is a grind to reach level 100. That is why only a few will reach around level 90. IIRC the highest level endgame map is level 78. So you would have to do a lot of those maps just to crack level 100. Also players will no doubt want to try out different builds. Taking the extra time it takes to get that high could be used to get another character to the endgame for maps to test out builds. So it is just a matter of time. Do you want to grind to make level 100 or try out different builds?
Last edited by DoomCarpace on Feb 24, 2014, 12:26:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info