1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

It is good to have first hand opinion on the charges.

Then I will focus on charges, +%life, life regen and dmg in that order.
"
tjm wrote:
My current skill tree; 5 points left to assign:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48D8wUIBRNFHEZLhpVJIsn7TGeMgk1kjboPAU9D0CgQT9BqkrITeNQR1BQUeZUSVcNWGNYr18_YEthIWSjbEZuqnJscql07XgNeu98u3zZgziE74jxjM-euZ7Nn8uf36IAplemZKcwqWipbqxZrKq0L7Xyud3E9sWKxtjJmNIh1I_ZYd-_51LnY-8O73zwH_Iv9kj-jw==

What I plan to do now is:
- respec one 8% life point from the circle near Path of Warrior and put it into 8% life near Discipline and Training + one additional point for 1% life regen;
- take 2 additional Endurance Charges;
- and for the endgame: Master of Arena + 5 additional points above it for life, life regen and damage; I don’t know the route yet – I will either pass through Steel Skin or Executioner. I haven’t really made up my mind yet (but I slightly lean towards Executioner as it will save me 2 points);
- I’m still thinking about Acceleration – 2 points and only 12% IAS (don’t need the dex) – and I don’t think it is worth it.

Do you happen to have any feedback?

First and foremost, take back the points you spent on the two nodes to the right of Amplify; they are worthless in comparison to all the other options you have.

I would have gone up on the left side and taken Athleticism and Baptism by Light on your way to Amplify (if you insist on taking it), like this. Amplify is out of the way for this build when you start as a Marauder... It can be done, but it's probably better as a very late game move. You're already there, and since it would take a lot of respec points to get out of that area, there's no sense in worrying about it.

Acceleration is totally worth it! "2 points and only 12% IAS"? That's great for 2 nodes, and you get the extra Dexterity which is important in leveling your Faster Attacks gem. You pick up some awesome skills along the way (either Steel Skin or Executioner plus Master of the Arena). It also brings you next to Leather and Steel, or you could move up the life nodes north of Master of the Arena.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Hi,
i'm lvl 73 and has some problems with gears and defence...

following my passive tree and my items:

ITEMS

i tried to follow more possible original guide...

i play GS+HS+LS.
Just found CWDT linked with endurance cry and wm.

With passive node i taken Blood magic and use only an aura: vitality linked with reduced mana. (i cannot use other auras.. :( )

stats unbuffed:

OFFENCE:
DPS: 2,2K
Total aps: 1.56
GS ATM: 4,1K
HS ATM: 8,6K
LS ATM: used only to jump out of problems!! xD

DEFENCE:
armor: 5,2K
max endurances: 6
HP: 3k (2,5k with vitality on)
Life leeched on pDMG: 4%
life regenerated per second: 105
res uncapped:
fire res: 91%
cold res: 119%
ligh res: 88%
chaos res: 65% (planned to get 75% asap)

QUESTIONS:
1) how to get more auras? how some players eliminated BLODD MAGIC passive tree node?
2) how to improve many more my defence? some mobs like avian retch (birdmans) detonate my defence easily...
3) some could be so cute to explain/suggest me the "final" passive tree for end game and which items i should change? (i planned to change boots and to improve defence... i would a 5/6L but... i've only 2,5EX as total money.)

ty!
Quick question about the elemental resistance nodes by Diamond skin..

My resistances are;
75%(120%)
75%(122%)
75%(138%)

Would it be best if I kept those resistances or respec them to head towards Discipline and Training? I'm already at Faith and Steel and heading that way.

Thanks for this great thread :)

Last edited by Lorcain on Jan 15, 2014, 1:19:20 PM
Just curious why people are so down on Iron Reflexes (IR)? If you use aura's and cast Grace and Determination (instead of Anger/Determination), it gives you an absolute insane amount of armor. Combine that with evasion and armor flasks, and a higher level Molten Shell, and you are talking some major dmg mitigation. Add in some endurance charges are you become Godlike.

It also gives you some major flexibility with armor choices.

I understand that it is "far to the right" in the tree, but the 5-6 points spent to get there are in my opinion well worth it. It may keep us from some life nodes or dmg nodes, but with the use of a multistrike gem, I feel our dmg output is just fine. I don't even miss using my anger aura because using grace instead (combined with determination)makes you so dam tanky.

I am lvl 74 and am doing extremely well on maps.

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzD8wUIBRNGJEZLho4G8ghAiFVJ-0ppSr2LdIxnjH7Mgk1kjboOQ462EE_QzFGaU3jTipQR1BQUeZUSVW1WGNYr1nzXhNfP2EhbEZybHKpdO14DXuMfLt82YM4hO-I8YzPkFWezZ-jn8uiAKQZplemZKcwp4SpaKlurFmsqrQvtfK2QbndvorAGsEExYrG2MmY1I_cPd7B4urkredS7DjvDu988B_yL_ZI977-jw==

Gear
Spoiler

@ Tempada:

Thanks for feedback.

I don’t use Faster Attack now; multistrike only. It makes things easier for me as I only need red sockets and got very attached to my current 5L chest piece and gem setup:

Spoiler

Does it make sense for me now to take armor skills as I only have about 1100 armor rating?
Or just go all out on life and life regen and forget about armor rating?

There are 2 strong armor clusters I could take immediately – Steel Skin (3 pts) and Armor Mastery (3 pts). But maybe it would be more beneficial to take some dmg passives – Butchery
(5 pts)?

Or just focus exclusively on Executioner / Master of Arena area as it will provide a combination of strong life, armor and dmg (+dmg, +attack speed) options?

I don’t know however what route to take exactly – pass through Steel Skin (52% armor, 6% life; 3 pts)or through Executioner (22% dmg, 3% attack speed, 3 pts) – again the armor issue – with only 1100 armor (base armor is even lower as I already have +18% armor from Skull Cracking) would it make sense to get the Steel Skin?
Last edited by tjm on Jan 16, 2014, 3:10:11 AM
@Sgravion: you have barely any life on your items! Your helmet is fine, but apart from that none of your items gives you any significant +life. You need to change that, since +life is THE most important modifier for this build.

To give you an idea, I have 4.2K life at level 64.
"
tjm wrote:
@ Tempada:

Thanks for feedback.

I don’t use Faster Attack now; multistrike only. It makes things easier for me as I only need red sockets and got very attached to my current 5L chest piece and gem setup:

Spoiler

It's awesome that you have a 5L, and here's what you can do next: get life leech on at least your amulet and make sure you have the Blood Drinker passive. This should allow you to remove the Life Leech gem from your setup and replace it with Faster Attacks for more dps :)

"
Does it make sense for me now to take armor skills as I only have about 1100 armor rating?
Or just go all out on life and life regen and forget about armor rating?

Life, life leech, and life regen (which is boosted by higher life) are way more important than armor, especially if you can run 3 or more Endurance Charges at a time. I would stay away from Armour Mastery until very late game. For now, I'd head towards Acceleration via Executioner. In my game I did it like this so that I could have an extra Intelligence node, but I might stay away from Steel Skin in your game since you're going to have fewer points to spend in this area than I do (because I didn't go up towards Discipline and Training). It might not be a bad idea to grab the little node to the northwest of Master of the Arena, though, for the armour and life boost.

In short, avoid Armour Mastery and Steel Skin for now and head towards Acceleration by going through Executioner. After that I'd grab the 8 and 12% life nodes to the northeast of Master of the Arena.

"
HerrKaputt wrote:
@Sgravion: you have barely any life on your items! Your helmet is fine, but apart from that none of your items gives you any significant +life. You need to change that, since +life is THE most important modifier for this build.

To give you an idea, I have 4.2K life at level 64.

That's a lot of life for the level! At level 73 I only have 3.4k or so, and that's plenty for me so far because of life leech and endurance charges. Of course, I do have a tendency to sacrifice survivability for dps in softcore.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 16, 2014, 8:00:33 AM
Yes it's right, but i need more resistance and dmg rate... this the reason since i have so few life.
i have to plan to increase it, yep...

but... i'm more interested to how reach 2 or more auras...

when is better to take vaal pact?
could i take it?

why few people use life leech gems? which are rates fot +x% life leeched on item that i should use to remove life leech gems?

and... finally: his possible for me to remove blood magic node and use mana? (even with 2 aura)

If yes, how much mana regen should i have?
first of all, thx a lot for this build...it's my first ever POE-char.

lvl 69, 4131 life, max cold/light res, 4x fire res, -48 chaos res. DPS 3851 with GS and 7425 with HS, 3781 armour, ~ 38% phys dam reduction

that's my current gear:

the maul is new, this is the previous one::

what i REALLY don't understand is that when i switched to the new maul, my leap-slam didn't increase while ground slam and hevay strike DID go up.

any idea why?

besides that, any other suggestions to improve? im thinking of replacing the glacial hammer gem (never use it anyway) with a cast when damage to taken in order to always have molten shell up..
Last edited by elloy on Jan 16, 2014, 9:39:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info