1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Sgravion wrote:
but... i'm more interested to how reach 2 or more auras...

Why do you want to use auras? Don't get me wrong, auras are awesome, but they're not ideal with a two-handed mace build. You'd have to grab at least Mortal Conviction, you'd have to take up extra slots with auras and a Reduced Mana gem, and you'd have to grab even more life nodes because your survivability would decrease. I'm all about diversity, but I really don't hear about people taking Mortal Conviction with this build, and I imagine that's because it's better (more powerful/better survivability) without.

"
why few people use life leech gems? which are rates fot +x% life leeched on item that i should use to remove life leech gems?

Lots of people use Life Leech gems, but it's really not necessary at a certain point. That point depends on a lot of factors, but once you can link Ground Slam with Multistrike and you have solid dps and life, even just 2% life leech will take you far.

"
and... finally: his possible for me to remove blood magic node and use mana? (even with 2 aura)

If yes, how much mana regen should i have?

You don't have to use Blood Magic... but if you remove it, you'd be playing a completely different build and you might want to create a separate thread for discussion. The reason this build doesn't use mana is because there aren't many mana-related nodes in the Marauder area, so you're going to have trouble with mana regen considering the skills and links this build suggests.

If you want to play as an aura Marauder, check this out: Pure Aura Build
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 16, 2014, 10:40:56 AM
My build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzD8wS4RQgFE0YkRkuGjgb-iXfJ-0otSkuKjgt0jGeMgk1kjboOtg64T38QT9HfkrITdhN41BHUeZXDVhjWK9Z8185YEthIWVNZ5tsRm5pbqpybHKpdO14DXrve4x8uHzZgW-DOITZhO-I8Yx2kFWRzpkrnYCePJ7Nn8uiAKLqpBmmV6ZkpzCnhKloqW6sWayqtC-18rndvYG-ir6nwA_AGsS4xtjJmMqQ0iHSTdSP1fjZYd3j3sHi6uSt7DjvDu9O73zyL_JF8933vv6P

I run GS 6L (113 mana per attack) with mana.
Also have 1 Aura on Mana (hatered).

Only 1% of mana leech.

It is very viable and profitable.
"
skarbziemi wrote:
I run GS 6L (113 mana per attack) with mana.
Also have 1 Aura on Mana (hatered).

Only 1% of mana leech.

It is very viable and profitable.

What's your dps and gear, out of curiosity?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 16, 2014, 10:59:16 AM
Stats on lvl 87:

Offence:

GS (6L):
no Hatered: 13940(physical)+ 5500 (fire) = 19440 dps
with Hatered 13940+5500+5080 = 24520 dps

Life leech (from physical): 12% (+5% from Warlord's Mark)= 12-17%
Mana leech : 1% (+2% Warlord's Mark).... but 1% is more than enough for my psyhical dps and Marauder Mana pool

Defence:

Base AR: 8368 = 48% reduction
Base AR + Endurance Charges (max 7) = 75% reduction
Base AR + Endurance Charges + 13lvl Molten Shell = 82% reduction

Base Resistances:

Fire- 77% (123%)
Cold- 73% (73%) with only one endurance charge it reaches 77% (my max)
Lightning- 77% (88%)

Chaos- (-60%)

Life: 4400

Edit:
Now I am testing "More damage on full life" skill instead od "add fire damage".
On full life my dps is ~27k (with Hatered). Enemies cursed with Vurnerability get about 34k dps.
With Pact of Vaal and lots of life leech, I am on full life most of the time.
Except for maps with chaos damage over time or reflect. On theese I switch "damage on full life" to "added fire damage".

Last edited by skarbziemi on Jan 16, 2014, 12:01:29 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Sgravion wrote:
but... i'm more interested to how reach 2 or more auras...

Why do you want to use auras? Don't get me wrong, auras are awesome, but they're not ideal with a two-handed mace build. You'd have to grab at least Mortal Conviction, you'd have to take up extra slots with auras and a Reduced Mana gem, and you'd have to grab even more life nodes because your survivability would decrease. I'm all about diversity, but I really don't hear about people taking Mortal Conviction with this build, and I imagine that's because it's better (more powerful/better survivability) without.

"
why few people use life leech gems? which are rates fot +x% life leeched on item that i should use to remove life leech gems?

Lots of people use Life Leech gems, but it's really not necessary at a certain point. That point depends on a lot of factors, but once you can link Ground Slam with Multistrike and you have solid dps and life, even just 2% life leech will take you far.

"
and... finally: his possible for me to remove blood magic node and use mana? (even with 2 aura)

If yes, how much mana regen should i have?

You don't have to use Blood Magic... but if you remove it, you'd be playing a completely different build and you might want to create a separate thread for discussion. The reason this build doesn't use mana is because there aren't many mana-related nodes in the Marauder area, so you're going to have trouble with mana regen considering the skills and links this build suggests.

If you want to play as an aura Marauder, check this out: Pure Aura Build

first of all Thank You very much.

i would have more defence and mor dps... could i use HATERED (DPS) instead of VITALITY (HP REG)?
without Mortal Convition my life should be even smaller when i use aura Vitality... :(
For typical build, running Auras on life is a very bad idea...
"
skarbziemi wrote:
Stats on lvl 87:

Offence:

GS (6L):
no Hatered: 13940(physical)+ 5500 (fire) = 19440 dps
with Hatered 13940+5500+5080 = 24520 dps

Holy crap! Thanks for sharing. That Marohi Erqi with Concentrated Effect must make a huge difference.

Is there a reason that you only go up to level 11 with the Cast when Damage Taken gem connected to Molten Shell? I get that the lower the level, the more procs you get, but why 11 exactly?
I think lower lvl Molten Shell is useless, and higer lvl CwDT would need too much damage do proc.
It is fun when on higher level maps with "more damage" mods , molten shell proc and explode every 2 seconds :)

BTW I have 2 CwDT, second one is even lower lvl.
Last edited by skarbziemi on Jan 16, 2014, 3:57:44 PM
Thanks for posting the build, and all the alterations of it. It's a nice, relatively cheap build, and enjoyable.

That said, I do have a question...at what point is it better to have a belt that does 10-20 physical damage (ie. Merigolds) vs. a belt that does 32% increased physical damage (ie. The Magnate Studded Belt)?

While I'm asking questions, I've been reading that people have been using whites and putting orbs of chance on them so that they can possibly become uniques. With that said, I'm guessing to get the Marohi I would only upgrade Karui mauls, correct, and not any other?

Thanks in advance...

Dave
Last edited by LP_Dave on Jan 16, 2014, 9:07:20 PM
Magnate Belt gives max 40% melee damage increase. I believe it will give you more dps than Maginord (wich have a boost to life also). If depends on how much +physical/melee damage nodes you already have in your tree. If none than Magnate boost would be bigger.
Maginord's are a must in FaceBreaker build, because of that added flat physical damage.

Chance'ing white Karui maul to Marohi is always an option. But it would take lots of chance and scouring orbs. Might not be worth it. Chance to get an uniqe is propably 1:500 or less.
Last edited by skarbziemi on Jan 17, 2014, 3:12:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info