1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

@tjm: I still have a very low armor, about 2500 only but it's better than what I had before.

@franku: I use both and I find GS to be much safer. infernal blow, multistrike, melee splash does quite a lot of damage however, and it shines against sumonners (I keep the gems on my alternate weapon config). It's quite prone to desynch too.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Hello,

I am a new player and have been playing for about two weeks now. I love this build but I have run into some problems around level 40-50, probally because I did not any of the armor nodes at that time. Perhaps you can change that in your build or suggest that players take some armor before going to cruel difficulty. I only have 1300 armor at level 51 and I can 1 vs 1 bosses because of the high dps I have combined with alot of life regen and lifesteal. But if I get swarmed by mobs it's GG, so I use decoy totem to keep em off me.

Personally I like Cyclone better then GS but it needs dexterity, I believe to level up rather then Strength. I have looked at multiple builds though in the last few weeks and I find yours to be the best described one so far, with step by step explenations on how to level. I want to try and personalise this build into a build that is combinable with the skill Cyclone. So far this is what I have come up with:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wUtDjwPzBQgFHEZLho4GlUc5yDwJ-0pLjGeNZI26DrhPfxAoEGqROdKyE3jUEdQUFRJVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2oeajtsRm6qcmxyqXTteA1673y4fNmC5ITvh2qIj4jxiq-Mz5ARkFWeuZ7Nn8umV6ZkpzCnhKgYqW6sWayqtfK53b68wBrG2MmY0EfSIdlh3sHfv-St51LnY-8O8i_yRfPd9kj3vv4K_o9nWOLqpBkb-iXfhNluab6n0k3AD9XtMgk=

But I am not certain if this is viable or recommended. Could you guys give me some advice on this? Or rather send me a pm?
Thanks for the Build,

iam aktually @ Level 70

thats are my Equip.

Spoiler

most of the Items are found and i try to Build it as Cheap as possible (Except of the Links and Usage of about 25 Fusings), i dont

you can add me in the Building userlist if you wish. I made some finetune to provide my playstile in the passive tree

"

This is very close to what I'd recommend too.

I've been playing this build for a while now, and it is AWESOME for 2 reasons:

1) I have 3 high level characters, and the mace Marauder easily takes the cake when the cake is dps.

2) The build is about as cheap as you can get. I was doing very well with self-found gear, and once I was able to purchase the cheapest 6-link I know of (Tabula Rasa for 1.5 Exalted), my dps skyrocketed! Multistrike and high attack speed are the keys to high dps. When you link Ground Slam + Melee Physical Damage + Added Fire Damage + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, things get really sexy. You do need gear with Life Leech to make it work, though. I only have 4% Life Leech and that's plenty because of my high dps. The 7 Endurance Charges you can have with this build help to negate the lack of armor/resistances on Tabula Rasa, and I nearly have all of my resistances maxed out without much help from the skill tree (although there are plenty of nodes to help if you need them).

Thanks for the thorough writeup :)

Is it just me, or are physical builds almost always better than elemental ones? It seems like casters, specifically, could use a bit of a boost considering that life/mana leech on gear doesn't apply to spells (so you pretty much have to reserve a spot for the life leech gem), the 3 elemental auras only work with physical damage, and getting enough mana or mana regen to continually cast a high powered spell is a beast.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 14, 2014, 10:25:10 AM
I like this build but i just like Templar. Can i apply this build for Templar?
Certainly. the templar startup just trades life for dps. It will give you late cruel build like this:
Spoiler
[/url]http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREcop0D1SpaBRNogCDOO98BLMCcfAfgW-ePE3YjHY62C3S7DgaOKeEkFXAGuSt3sFZ86yqcql82SftGS7Uj7nd8i_vDudSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtjZYVcNkc677dIhns2nMPe-FCBQRxRxQarfvxiRyZimZA_MAec26Fiv[/url]

Then go for the scion circle of life, sentinel and berserker just like in the original build, and maybe the duelist area if you like it.
You may want to rush to the circle of life since you have less at start. Just skip some dps nodes as you can always take them later.

And you can also go for life by the up side:
This is less expensive but it makes the duelist area more difficult to access later.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Tempada wrote:
"

This is very close to what I'd recommend too.

I've been playing this build for a while now, and it is AWESOME for 2 reasons:

1) I have 3 high level characters, and the mace Marauder easily takes the cake when the cake is dps.

2) The build is about as cheap as you can get. I was doing very well with self-found gear, and once I was able to purchase the cheapest 6-link I know of (Tabula Rasa for 1.5 Exalted), my dps skyrocketed! Multistrike and high attack speed are the keys to high dps. When you link Ground Slam + Melee Physical Damage + Added Fire Damage + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, things get really sexy. You do need gear with Life Leech to make it work, though. I only have 4% Life Leech and that's plenty because of my high dps. The 7 Endurance Charges you can have with this build help to negate the lack of armor/resistances on Tabula Rasa, and I nearly have all of my resistances maxed out without much help from the skill tree (although there are plenty of nodes to help if you need them).

Thanks for the thorough writeup :)

Is it just me, or are physical builds almost always better than elemental ones? It seems like casters, specifically, could use a bit of a boost considering that life/mana leech on gear doesn't apply to spells (so you pretty much have to reserve a spot for the life leech gem), the 3 elemental auras only work with physical damage, and getting enough mana or mana regen to continually cast a high powered spell is a beast.

Hw much DPS on GS? i have 12.5k at lvl 86 no auras
"
pelll wrote:
Hw much DPS on GS? i have 12.5k at lvl 86 no auras

About 7.5k at level 69, which I'm sad to say is better than my level 79 Rain of Arrows physical Ranger that I spent a lot of time tweaking. I've mostly been playing self-found, though, so I guess it's not too shabby.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Hi again,

I took some armor skills and my armor went up from about 1100 to 1800 and I just don’t see & feel any difference.

So I’ve decided to experiment a little and I will take a few more life and the additional two 1% life regen passives and respec the armor skills.

My current life at lvl 68 is 4,2 k and life regen close to 150 / sec.

I also plan to increase my Endurance Charges from 3 to 5.

I’ve yet to see what difference they make and play a little with 5 and none at all.

But with the little armor I have I guess it could be prudent to take them.

I once took a long shot and went for 20% increased AoE (Amplify, 3 points total) and the GS took on a whole different dimension – I used to be a little unhappy with the skill as it would badly miss on (some – many) occasions and these 3 points worked like a charm and the difference is huge imo.

My current skill tree; 5 points left to assign:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48D8wUIBRNFHEZLhpVJIsn7TGeMgk1kjboPAU9D0CgQT9BqkrITeNQR1BQUeZUSVcNWGNYr18_YEthIWSjbEZuqnJscql07XgNeu98u3zZgziE74jxjM-euZ7Nn8uf36IAplemZKcwqWipbqxZrKq0L7Xyud3E9sWKxtjJmNIh1I_ZYd-_51LnY-8O73zwH_Iv9kj-jw==

What I plan to do now is:
- respec one 8% life point from the circle near Path of Warrior and put it into 8% life near Discipline and Training + one additional point for 1% life regen;
- take 2 additional Endurance Charges;
- and for the endgame: Master of Arena + 5 additional points above it for life, life regen and damage; I don’t know the route yet – I will either pass through Steel Skin or Executioner. I haven’t really made up my mind yet (but I slightly lean towards Executioner as it will save me 2 points);
- I’m still thinking about Acceleration – 2 points and only 12% IAS (don’t need the dex) – and I don’t think it is worth it.

Do you happen to have any feedback?

Cheers!
Last edited by tjm on Jan 15, 2014, 5:23:29 AM
Endurance charges add a massive amount of damage reduction, having 7x 4% extra (28%, im tipping this is about how much your total armour gives) is totally worth the skill points.

My resistances are capped, meaning I gain nothing from that in that respect, and I still run 7, they are that good for this build, you are in the thick of things alot, you want to take the least amount of damage possible.

Armour has deminishing returns, Endurance charges dont :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info