1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

These two nodes were not assigned in a previous version of the tree. I believe it's a mistake.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
These two nodes were not assigned in a previous version of the tree. I believe it's a mistake.

If that's true, then OP, could you please fix the build? I am following this right now on my lvl 55 marauder after using all my regret points to get back on the right track... I lost about 100% +damage but it barely effected my dps and now i have 50% more life and 24% more resists than before :) I just don't want to have to use more regret points since I'm already in debt to about 14 orbs of regret.
The tree, when I started this build was like this (except for a small damage optim which cost nothing):

edit: after looking back that is not the original tree, the scion circle of life is full in the NinjaArabStrategist's build. My advice would be to take the scion base:

on which you remove the 12% damage at the bottom left, this is quite a minor upgrade. You can as well refund endurance charge duration, especially if you play with endurance charge en melee stun. And then go to the templar area:

You can notice that I have also removed the 15% melee damage in the start of scion to rather take the one at the start of the marauder. If you lack intelligence/dexterity, refund some resistances (the tree has really lots of them) to get Hard Knocks and/or Quickness.

And here's my personal choice, at lvl 78:

If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 13, 2014, 2:07:13 PM
And what about pairing Cast When Damage Taken with Enduring Cry or Warlord's Mark? I Just comboed it with Warlord's Mark and it's nice because it puts up the curse on the mobs without me needing to tediously manually spam it.
And it's terrible in party where another curse might be far more efficient for the whole group.

Imho, Warlord's mark is best used solo, or wisely in party because 80-90% of the time, you want an offensive curse, and enfeeble and temporal chain do a better job as defensive curses.
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 14, 2014, 2:38:27 AM
just what I was looking for TY.. now I have to respec :D
Hi everyone,

I just hit level 67 with my Marauder (my first and only character) following (with slight variations) the original build. I am in the very beginning of Act III Merciless.

The variation I mentioned - instead of taking Baptism by Light and Athleticism, I went for Discipline and Training, Enforcer and Amplify.

Amplify (and the two +4% nodes) made a huge difference for GS.

I (really) barely die, which is, I guess, due to HP regeneration and life leech – I start every battle with Warlord’s.

I used to use Enfeeble and Vulnerability on various occasions, but now stick only to Warlord’s, as it proved the best for my play style.

Some information about my build:
- resistances are all at 75% (no Elemental Adaptation);
- life – 4,2 k, life regeneration – 142 HP / sec;
- armor – 1100;
- damage – GS – 3,9 k , HS – 5,4 k;
- 3 Endurance Charges;
- life leech – about 16% (gem + Warlord’s).

I have a few questions:

1. does it make sense to take armor nodes with the little armor I currently have? I did not take any direct armor skills yet but I don’t know how it is going to be in maps and Act III. I ask this because I did a major respec and have only 5 respec points left and one regret and would like to follow additional life / attack speed route.

2. what would be a better choice: attack speed skills or damage skills, bearing in mind that I get the same DPS increase with the same amount of skill points assigned?

3. Will I need more Endurance Charges? I have 3 on all the time – Enduring Cry and Molten Shell with CwDT. I’m thinking about 5 charges.

4. Is Molten Shell worth it? Or is it better to have Decoy Totem with CwDT?

5. Is Elemental Adaptation necessary?

Thanks guys!
This is my personal feeling based on my leveling:

1. Yes it does. I was in the same situation in the levels 6x and went for the Steel Skin cluster and I really felt the change.
2. I'd say it's a matter of gameplay feeling. More damage nodes will give you bigger hits and so better armor penetration, which can be sensible at your level of dps, whereas attack speed is more fun to play.
3. Endurance charges provide flat damage reduction. It's more efficient than armor, especially against big hit. So you can safely take more charges.
4. At level 7 (ie. CwDT lvl 1), I'm not sure. It's only ~250 more armor.
5. It's a good notable if your resists are capped. You will take around 10% less elemental damages with it.
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 14, 2014, 2:55:13 AM
Thanks for quick reply.

Did u also have so little armour when u took armour nodes? My current armour is about 1100.

And what would be better now for 3 points - 24%life (remaining scion circle), or 50%armour (armor mastery or steel skin - although i can take armor mastery immediately while steel skin needs two points to get there)? or maybe 48%dmg (skull cracking + 12 % armor)?

I can also immediately take Faith and Steel.

Executioneer , Master of Arena, Acceleration - 6 points but it doesnt seem very strong to me?

thankx
Thank you for this great guide
This may seems to be a silly question, but what is the difference for this built if I use infernal blow with an axe as oppose to ground slam with two handed mace
They are both AoE and whilst infernal blow has a shorter AoE radius when compare to ground slam (15 vs 35), but t has a higher damage effectiveness than ground slam (125% vs 85%...I think)

Does this meaning if the weapon is the same, changing ground slam to infernal will ave higher des but smaller area radius?

Many thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info