Hit detection and hit boxes seriously needs some work. Videos and Images included!

I felt something is off with the targeting too, and i thought that Alpha testers would have told devs by now.
Like it feels, wrong... odd... clumsy.
With other games i play i feel this isnt the case.
And i have resorted to using space as a *do not walk* button as my witch (ranged, squishy) kept running into melee range of powerful enemies when i tried casting fireball and ice spear.

And to all "Its fiiine, chill. Working as intended".
This is what i read:
"Quick someone is making valid critisism! To the whiteknight-mobile in the whiteknight-cave!".
I have to concur with the OP here.

I also noticed some very odd misses, far higher than the accuracy rating would account for. It seems that the best way to attack is by clicking the red outlines, however then you end up WALKING into mob packs far more than is safe.

I have spent more time on my marauder lately as since I took the skill to get 100% hit chance, I just walk and strike mobs without issues...

Ranged classes do seem to have to use the RIGHT click to target the OUTLINES to be able to 1) hit accurately and 2) NOT walk to mobs.

To the OP, use your main nuke on right click and aim at the OUTLINES of mobs is my advice. Also know that you are correct in your points about the targeting being other than accurate to the mouse cursor location, despite what others have posted - you are quite correct in this.

Here's the fix

It may seems you forgot to square you're original equation
"
"
m3lt wrote:

So, to the white knight naysayers telling people everything is fine... well... I leave you with this video:

http://youtu.be/7hrF3eUbuMg

And before you tell me that we have a miss chance, please, stop. Don't insult other player's intelligence.

^^^^^^^ you sir need to target the mob.. you are attacking the bloody sand!!!!! wow I cant believe this is a thread.. you can not hit mobs unless you target them.. you swing in the direction of the mob does not justify you hitting it. target the mob kill it and move on.. if not play a new game.
The projectile starts at your feet and travels towards the point on the ground that you aimed. The VISUAL effect is offset vertically because, of course, it would be silly for the projectile to appear travelling on the ground. Regardless of how this appears, if you aim the cursor correctly (in between your feet and the feet of what you want to hit) then you will hit it, regardless of how short or how tall it is. In all of the images I'm seeing, the cursor is not in the right place to hit what they are trying to hit. It doesn't matter how high the arrow appears to be, as long as it travels in the correct direction, which it is.

If they were to treat the cursor as being vertically offset from the ground, this would actually make aiming MORE difficult. You'd have to aim the cursor 1,6 meters above the feet of your target. If you are fighting human sized creatures, this s probably okay because your are approximately aiming for the head. But if you fought shorter things, you would have to arbitrarily aim above their head, and if you fought taller things you would have to arbitrarily aim 1.6m above their feet.

It would also be difficult to place something which actually targets the ground, like a trap, if my cursor were hovering over the point on the ground. When targeting projectiles, you are trying to aim for a point ON THE GROUND that you want the projectile to move towards.
I can stutter step no problem in D3.

In POE the aiming just seems off which makes stutter stepping unusable.

Most vids that I watch of rangers. I keep seeing them run away then click on top of the mobs. Which sounds horrible.
"
Neoshinji wrote:
I can stutter step no problem in D3.

In POE the aiming just seems off which makes stutter stepping unusable.

Most vids that I watch of rangers. I keep seeing them run away then click on top of the mobs. Which sounds horrible.

You should consider getting a little further in the game ud be surprised what attk speed and movement speed will do. Jugging all ur opinions on watching a video isent always the best idea.
"
Glarolas wrote:
"
"
m3lt wrote:

So, to the white knight naysayers telling people everything is fine... well... I leave you with this video:

http://youtu.be/7hrF3eUbuMg

And before you tell me that we have a miss chance, please, stop. Don't insult other player's intelligence.

^^^^^^^ you sir need to target the mob.. you are attacking the bloody sand!!!!! wow I cant believe this is a thread.. you can not hit mobs unless you target them.. you swing in the direction of the mob does not justify you hitting it. target the mob kill it and move on.. if not play a new game.

Have you played any other Action RPG game?

Because you saying that for the arrow to hit you only need to click the mob, its very silly to say the least.
Normally, all you need to do is to click in the direction, with the cursor before, on, or after the mob as long as its in a straight line going through it...
The great part about this is that the devs listen in PoE and will fix, unlike other ahem...games.
"
LAKEofFIRE wrote:
The great part about this is that the devs listen in PoE and will fix, unlike other ahem...games.

I hope so, this was game breaking to me. Sadly will not be playing until this is fixed or changed. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info