Hit detection and hit boxes seriously needs some work. Videos and Images included!

I've noticed this a lot more in ob than i did in cb. Maybe server related?
"
m3lt wrote:
You can see what I mean in this video here: http://youtu.be/NPblo1-RE88
Second video: http://youtu.be/NT7sHbw0Fjo

I am uploading the bug on my melee character as well, its the same thing, its missing the hitboxes when mobs are near. It swings and swings and is not hitting anything at all, and I checked the stats and I have a hit rating of 89%, which means I should miss roughly one hit every 10, unless the RNG gods really hate me.

looks more like a desync to me (client believes the npc is near but on server is somewhere else)
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself
"
"
m3lt wrote:
I dunno if anyone noticed, but there is something very odd and dodgy with hit detection in this game. First arrows and spells do not travel where you have the cursor (and I posted another thread with video to show it) and secondly melee characters are missing way too much.

I have videos I am uploading right now, showing mobs right in front of me and I am trying to kill them for a very very long time, which clearly the swing is not hitting at all.

Anyone else noticed this too?

You must actually aim in this game.Not just point in the general direction like some oversimplified games.I hope to hell GGG leaves this matter just the way it is.

Dude, this is not Fallout where you aim for the head, it hits the head, aim for the legs, it hit the legs...

You aim for the mob, it hits the mob, simple as.

Check these videos and you will know what I mean, happened to me earlier and I recorded:

http://youtu.be/NPblo1-RE88

http://youtu.be/NT7sHbw0Fjo
"
StrandtheMan wrote:
I noticed that hitting small enemies is sometimes difficult as I click on them, but in the act of releasing the mouse button, I release slightly off their character model (due to them moving and being small). This causes me to run up to the spot of the click and dont attack my target as I never actually clicked them.

Holding shift while attacking helps with this problem.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
In the video you hit almost every time that you actually have the red outline around the mob.. It seems that many time you are just firing random arrows with out targeting the mob.
"
VoxelSquid wrote:
"
StrandtheMan wrote:
I noticed that hitting small enemies is sometimes difficult as I click on them, but in the act of releasing the mouse button, I release slightly off their character model (due to them moving and being small). This causes me to run up to the spot of the click and dont attack my target as I never actually clicked them.

Holding shift while attacking helps with this problem.

You mean standing still stance to force attacks?

If you see the videos I made, you know this is what happened.

Check the videos closely and you will see my 50-60 latency and the disparity between projectile trajectories when aiming vertically and horizontally.

It is a game design problem and my friends are also testing and also recording the videos for upload.
one reason I stay away from marauder by the time he misses three times all my resource is spent and have to run away.. I have found the duelist and the witch with aoe sattacks very efficient
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/141847 (shop)
IGN; xxdaath or aleister_crowley_lives

he who knows little believes he knows much
he who knows much as learned of his ignorance
"
Glarolas wrote:
In the video you hit almost every time that you actually have the red outline around the mob.. It seems that many time you are just firing random arrows with out targeting the mob.

You missed the point, I know we are supposed to miss the hit sometimes. But that is not the problem.

The issue in the game is that the cursor gives you the sense of one straight trajectory but in fact the spell and arrows travel UP to where the cursor is, by a distance of around 2 cm on-screen.

Check the first video and you will see me shooting arrows into blank space and they do not go where the cursor is, which means to hit a zombie in the "head" you have to aim to the foot, and if you aim in the chest and up, it will actually travel above his head.

See the video in the part where I am aiming horizontally, diagonally and vertically and they all have different trajectories as if the arrows go through a preset path and not completely accurate.
I looked at the video and don't see a problem. You seem to not be accounting for the fact that your mouse is pointing at the ground and the projectile is flying above it, so it looks inaccurate but I guarantee that if there was an enemy standing on the ground that your cursor was pointed at it would hit. In addition to that when you claim to "miss" an enemy, your cursor is not on them at all, it's either to the side of them or above/below them.
All I see in these Videos is that you don't even understand what you are talking about but trying to make big news out of it.

If you aim at the floor and shoot with stance still, the arrow will fly OVER that spot in a line, of course it will look like you didn't hit the spot for you.

Maybe they should change it for you so that if you force-attack with a bow he is just shooting the ground over and over..

Seriously, why do you have to make a big fuss about it when you don't even know whats really happening thats what I would like to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info