Hit detection and hit boxes seriously needs some work. Videos and Images included!

re targeting: i understand the arguments put forward, but i agreee with the OP. i'd like my arrows to head toward where my cursor is aimed, and not toward where my feet are pointing.

re hitboxes: the issue is the game takes accuracy into account as an attribute so early on you will miss a whole lot. as this improves over time/levels you will see a huge increase in the numbers of successful hits.

as mentioned above however General Discussion may mean this subject disappears without notice in a day or so. i'd suggest putting in a bug report (and at very least checking for other topics similar, assuming ye olde search function does the correct thing for ya)
wtf ahahahaha

Im serious now here OP.

Are you trying to troll or are you really that dumb that you don't understand how it works?

I am really interested in this because I just can't believe that there are people out there that stupid.
"
ualac wrote:
re targeting: i understand the arguments put forward, but i agreee with the OP. i'd like my arrows to head toward where my cursor is aimed, and not toward where my feet are pointing.

re hitboxes: the issue is the game takes accuracy into account as an attribute so early on you will miss a whole lot. as this improves over time/levels you will see a huge increase in the numbers of successful hits.

as mentioned above however General Discussion may mean this subject disappears without notice in a day or so. i'd suggest putting in a bug report (and at very least checking for other topics similar, assuming ye olde search function does the correct thing for ya)

I have updated the first post to show videos and pictures.

And even if the "realistic" crowd were right in regards to the real trajectory, I have shown a second picture showing where the arrow should have really gone, taking into account the height of character, ground line, angle, lightning, shadow, cursor and path of the arrow.

Let's hope they can fix this :)
"
Let's hope they can fix this :)

Let's hope you just go away from this game and never turn back.

I am seriously LMAO over here at you right now. There is no way to be that stupid.
Last edited by ItsRay on Jan 24, 2013, 4:23:39 PM
"
ItsRay wrote:
wtf ahahahaha

Im serious now here OP.

Are you trying to troll or are you really that dumb that you don't understand how it works?

I am really interested in this because I just can't believe that there are people out there that stupid.

Please, enlighten me how I am being stupid here?

Take a screenshot yourself and show me where you think the trajectories are and how the devs came to the conclusion to shoot the arrow 2 centimetres above the cursor.

Please, show me I am wrong.
Sometimes stuff looks like it hits (like flame shot has the hit sound and everything) but that happens every time it misses, it doesn't go through the target, it just doesn't do damage.
"

Here, only for you.

Edit : Don't know how to imbed pictures, here the link

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3145/3zdetzf6_jpg.htm
Last edited by ItsRay on Jan 24, 2013, 4:31:02 PM
"
Rinkima wrote:
Sometimes stuff looks like it hits (like flame shot has the hit sound and everything) but that happens every time it misses, it doesn't go through the target, it just doesn't do damage.

Absolutely correct, that is missing or hitting and its part of the game mechanics. But that is not what we are discussing here, what we are discussing here is the trajectory of the arrow (where you WANT the arrow to go, the cursor) and where the arrow actually goes (above the cursor by around 2 cm).

You can very easily try this yourself, aim for the head of a zombie from far away and the arrow will miss (like I showed in the video) and aim for the foot and the arrow will travel to its chest/head.

So in practice to never miss, you should aim for the foot. This is obviously an awkward game design decision because action RPGs by norm only require you to hover the cursor to the monster, it does not distinguish the limbs and torso.
Mouse cursor on the mob, projectile goes there, simple.
"
ItsRay wrote:
"

Here, only for you.

Correct the image link, its going to an html page.

And as you correctly showed the angles, that is what the game is doing NOW. But that's what I am trying to say here, you aim at the foot and the arrow goes to the head, and it is an awkward gaming decision because people naturally aim with the mouse cursor where they want the projectiles to go...

... and the brain cancer comment on the picture just show how mature you are *slow clap*
No that's not awkward you are missing something here I think.

He shoots directly where you aim, just a little bit higher as most enemies are nearly as tall as you it shouldn't even be a problem.

I seriously don't understand your problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info