Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
captainhector wrote:
so im a newb and i got this build up and running, it says "No problems with reflect" and i have vaal pact + leech but it also says "phys reflect is not duable with EK" so what do i do vs phys reflect

cwdt - ic - ec - id
"
twapper wrote:
Wand + Shield + MoM + AA Version:
Spoiler

This is an awesomely fun build, rolled it on Invasion League. Build is completely viable if you take appropriate steps for anyone interested, here's my build.

NOTE: I've only done up to 73 Maps as of right now, including physical and ele reflect

Current Stats:
90% crit (with power charges up)
3.5k life
1.5k mana
150 mana regen

My build utilizes EB, Deep Thoughts, Instability, MoM
Auras that I run are Purity of Lightning, Clarity, and Hatred/Discipline
I also run arctic armor (currently level 18)

Pros:
More survivability
Physical/fire damage is a joke
Physical Reflect is easy
Overall damage is fairly easy

Cons:
Arc makes ele reflect maps somewhat annoying
Gear can be expensive

Notes On Gear:
Spoiler
My gear was mostly extremely cheap, believe I payed around 4-5 exalts for everything (3 exalts alone for the 6L chest)

What gear do you want to look for?
Chest - A 6 link is required, period. I prefer evasion/es for easy sockets and the es adds to my mana pool(more on that later)
Rings - Life/Mana Regen/Res bonuses are mana/es/accuracy
Shield - Preferably Eva/es or Arm/es with life/res and high armor or evasion
Amulet - Life/Crit Chance/Crit Multi bonuses are mana regen/mana/spell damage/es/ resists/ accuracy

Everything else is pretty standard

Passive Tree and Notes:
Spoiler
Notes:
Spoiler
So basicly we're giving up dual wielding to become more tanky, but we don't lose alot of crit in the long run.

Grab the power charge node above the witch tree along with deep thoughts, that'll provide 50% crit 4% spell dmg per power charge, as well as much needed mana regen.

Grab EB, we need mana regen

Grab MoM and run arctic armor

Current Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4F-Q5ID6sRlhXwFr8X2BjbGYoajx4aI_YkPCT9JpUnqSmlKlss6S0fLYMyATpYSVFKfUyzTipQMFM1VUtWLVb6WkhabVuvXvpfKmHiYqxjQ2egbRltbG17cFJwu3DVdPF9dX_Ggh6FMocZh3aH24w2lwabJpu1naOdqqKjo4qnXKx_shm1SLvjwFHB88M6xKLPetA50hnTftUA1p3W0dsL217dDeOE51TndOvk7g7veu_w8-r22vsJ_Kv8xf66_5M=

My Current Gear:
Spoiler

That's funny, I did kinda the same modifications. I am writing a guide about it, but it is a witch based build.

Here's the link if someone's interested.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/916590
Last edited by Cynry on May 7, 2014, 6:28:27 AM
"
Cynry wrote:
"
twapper wrote:
Wand + Shield + MoM + AA Version:
Spoiler

This is an awesomely fun build, rolled it on Invasion League. Build is completely viable if you take appropriate steps for anyone interested, here's my build.

NOTE: I've only done up to 73 Maps as of right now, including physical and ele reflect

Current Stats:
90% crit (with power charges up)
3.5k life
1.5k mana
150 mana regen

My build utilizes EB, Deep Thoughts, Instability, MoM
Auras that I run are Purity of Lightning, Clarity, and Hatred/Discipline
I also run arctic armor (currently level 18)

Pros:
More survivability
Physical/fire damage is a joke
Physical Reflect is easy
Overall damage is fairly easy

Cons:
Arc makes ele reflect maps somewhat annoying
Gear can be expensive

Notes On Gear:
Spoiler
My gear was mostly extremely cheap, believe I payed around 4-5 exalts for everything (3 exalts alone for the 6L chest)

What gear do you want to look for?
Chest - A 6 link is required, period. I prefer evasion/es for easy sockets and the es adds to my mana pool(more on that later)
Rings - Life/Mana Regen/Res bonuses are mana/es/accuracy
Shield - Preferably Eva/es or Arm/es with life/res and high armor or evasion
Amulet - Life/Crit Chance/Crit Multi bonuses are mana regen/mana/spell damage/es/ resists/ accuracy

Everything else is pretty standard

Passive Tree and Notes:
Spoiler
Notes:
Spoiler
So basicly we're giving up dual wielding to become more tanky, but we don't lose alot of crit in the long run.

Grab the power charge node above the witch tree along with deep thoughts, that'll provide 50% crit 4% spell dmg per power charge, as well as much needed mana regen.

Grab EB, we need mana regen

Grab MoM and run arctic armor

Current Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4F-Q5ID6sRlhXwFr8X2BjbGYoajx4aI_YkPCT9JpUnqSmlKlss6S0fLYMyATpYSVFKfUyzTipQMFM1VUtWLVb6WkhabVuvXvpfKmHiYqxjQ2egbRltbG17cFJwu3DVdPF9dX_Ggh6FMocZh3aH24w2lwabJpu1naOdqqKjo4qnXKx_shm1SLvjwFHB88M6xKLPetA50hnTftUA1p3W0dsL217dDeOE51TndOvk7g7veu_w8-r22vsJ_Kv8xf66_5M=

My Current Gear:
Spoiler

That's funny, I did kinda the same modifications. I am writing a guide about it, but it is a witch based build.

Here's the link if someone's interested.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/916590

I had the same idea a few months ago. may as well drop down my thoughts on the idea...some of them are a bit outdated though

massive wall warning
"
BoswerLK wrote:
reposting as I realized this is probably the more appropriate thread for it.....

...if anyone has a few hundred ex and a high witch or ranger lying around, I came up with a barrage coc wander concept based on AA+MoM being ridiculous which should be hc viable. downside, of course, is have fun gearing this...........

bandits - life, phys damage, power

core unis:
6l cloak of defiance - GGGGRB
rathpith globe

core links:
barrage - coc - EK - q LL - pcoc/fireball(or spell of choice) - q chain(main gem, aoe, antireflect)/q add acc(single target boss swap)/faster projectiles(offscreening swap)
lv.1 cwdt - ic - ec - +dura
reduced mana - disc - clar - hatred
AA in wand
enfeeble/crit weakness
frenzy (charges, but also for pulling)

other gear:
ideal wand - imbued with
pre: +2 cold, 70+ spell damage, +mana
suf: +38 crit chance(core), ias, projectile speed
everything else - hybrid es rares with any combo of life, mana/es, mana regen, res, acc
rings - diamond base
ammy - crit chance, multi too if you're feeling brave
belt- rustic base, strength

choices to consider:
gift's from above
rat's nest
frenzy - 20/20 pcoc - fast attack (do not attempt until near perfect gear, huge dps/leech loss without near cap crit rate and 20/20 pcoc)
power siphon - IIR (cuz why not)
spell totem - skel - fast cast - blind (cuz blind is op)

DO NOT:
maligaro - suicide item

wands that aren't 1.5 aps base - barrage is an extremely slow attack, and your ias is shit. you know all those people who QQ about dom being impossible with melee cuz they blindly follow endgame build guides and use multistrike with 1 aps base? yeah, don't be like them

underestimate acc - because evasion also gives a chance to evade crits, and you are completely reliant on crits to attack at all, acc must be overstacked, just like crit chance. otherwise, your dps/leech is gonna take a huge hit in high maps and against bosses, where you will need it the most

arc as second spell - arc sucks ass and isn't shocking anything worthwhile, and will do nothing but you get killed by reflect on easy maps

this is, of course, a massive theorycraft, cuz who can really afford all this shit...but of course, the same can be said about aegis builds. but thoughts on the concept would be appreciated
If I have mind drinker AND lvl ~14 clarity can I run artic armor?
Update:

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Tree

With all 5 power charges, I have 4k EK tooltip DPS.

My resist are over capped at a 100%+, life is 4K. Phys Damage reduction is 38% without any flask.

I want more boss killing speed, namely dominus. I still have an 8% and a 20% inc accuracy node to get. I currently have 81% chance to hit (1217 accuracy rating). When I get those two nodes, I'll have 84% chance to hit.

I've been trying to get a wand with accuracy but I can't find any that have more than 30 or 40 + to accuracy rating...
"
n00boxular wrote:
Update:

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive Tree

With all 5 power charges, I have 4k EK tooltip DPS.

My resist are over capped at a 100%+, life is 4K. Phys Damage reduction is 38% without any flask.

I want more boss killing speed, namely dominus. I still have an 8% and a 20% inc accuracy node to get. I currently have 81% chance to hit (1217 accuracy rating). When I get those two nodes, I'll have 84% chance to hit.

I've been trying to get a wand with accuracy but I can't find any that have more than 30 or 40 + to accuracy rating...

you don't want them on the wand anyways. weapon acc rolls are local

get them on rings and ammy instead. not sure if shoes can roll them. helm and gloves can
Pop a jade and granite and/or have have an enduring cry o cwdt so you can pop immortal call when you need to kill them
Hi guys im currently using a ranger for this build as to begin with it was very hard to stay alive at all even with capped res, now im lvl 80 and have brought alot of gear and have swapped my build around to the 1 wand / Shield build with MOM witch is working very nice but also need to remove from my skill tree as its on my chest.

Arctic Armor is causing proplem as i have it on Cwdt with molton armor and projectile weakness still looking for a perfect Cwdt 4L set up

Im also struggaling to run 4 aura, im using Grace / purity of elements and Clarity im looking to use haste too mut kills my mana off !! any Subjections

Spoiler

and help would be great as i wont to start pwning shit in lvl 74-75 maps as thats all my guild do...

Last edited by Djripsaw on May 10, 2014, 2:55:18 AM
Plus is anyone needs any wands i have loads im willing to trade for cheap cheap
"
Djripsaw wrote:
Plus is anyone needs any wands i have loads im willing to trade for cheap cheap

your wands are absolutely terrible for this build.

people are looking for stuff like
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info