Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

just wanted to say thanks for such an awesome build :)... i started out feeling very squishy but as i progressed and made some gear/pot improvements i feel rather tanky.

6 link volls using cold snap is incredible! almost everything is frozen all the time so it improves survivability by ALOT. only thing i really need right now is some nice wands.

im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for boss fights and how freeze works?... is there anyway to perma freeze harder bosses?

if i removed chain and used added cold dmg would that help?

gear check below.

Spoiler
hey,
i tryed this build and everything worked well but right now i feel very squishy and dont know what the problem rly is.

here my gear:

is there als oa way to play with only one wand to be more tanky ? Like with res eva block shields like that ?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYEfgX5DkgRlhUgFfAV9hmKGo8a2x4aI_YkPCT9JpUppSo4Kk0qWyzpLYMvbzGeNZI6WD8nSVFKfUrITeNOKlBCUzVVS1YtVvpaSFuvXfJe-mJ5YqxjQ2egbWxte26qcFJwu3DVcsOHGYd2jDaP-pcGm7Wdo52qoi6mV6dcqW6rC6x_tUi18sBRwzrEoswG0O7SGdN-1QDVT9bR2RPdDd5344TnVOwY7g7veu_w9tr3o_lj-wn8q_zF_o__kw==

thanks
Wand + Shield + MoM + AA Version:

This is an awesomely fun build, rolled it on Invasion League. Build is completely viable if you take appropriate steps for anyone interested, here's my build.

NOTE: I've only done up to 73 Maps as of right now, including physical and ele reflect

Current Stats:
90% crit (with power charges up)
3.5k life
1.5k mana
150 mana regen

My build utilizes EB, Deep Thoughts, Instability, MoM
Auras that I run are Purity of Lightning, Clarity, and Hatred/Discipline
I also run arctic armor (currently level 18)

Pros:
More survivability
Physical/fire damage is a joke
Physical Reflect is easy
Overall damage is fairly easy

Cons:
Arc makes ele reflect maps somewhat annoying
Gear can be expensive

Notes On Gear:
Spoiler
My gear was mostly extremely cheap, believe I payed around 4-5 exalts for everything (3 exalts alone for the 6L chest)

What gear do you want to look for?
Chest - A 6 link is required, period. I prefer evasion/es for easy sockets and the es adds to my mana pool(more on that later)
Rings - Life/Mana Regen/Res bonuses are mana/es/accuracy
Shield - Preferably Eva/es or Arm/es with life/res and high armor or evasion
Amulet - Life/Crit Chance/Crit Multi bonuses are mana regen/mana/spell damage/es/ resists/ accuracy

Everything else is pretty standard

Passive Tree and Notes:
Spoiler
Notes:
Spoiler
So basicly we're giving up dual wielding to become more tanky, but we don't lose alot of crit in the long run.

Grab the power charge node above the witch tree along with deep thoughts, that'll provide 50% crit 4% spell dmg per power charge, as well as much needed mana regen.

Grab EB, we need mana regen

Grab MoM and run arctic armor

Current Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4F-Q5ID6sRlhXwFr8X2BjbGYoajx4aI_YkPCT9JpUnqSmlKlss6S0fLYMyATpYSVFKfUyzTipQMFM1VUtWLVb6WkhabVuvXvpfKmHiYqxjQ2egbRltbG17cFJwu3DVdPF9dX_Ggh6FMocZh3aH24w2lwabJpu1naOdqqKjo4qnXKx_shm1SLvjwFHB88M6xKLPetA50hnTftUA1p3W0dsL217dDeOE51TndOvk7g7veu_w8-r22vsJ_Kv8xf66_5M=

My Current Gear:
Spoiler

>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
Last edited by twapper on May 2, 2014, 5:53:44 PM
I was experimenting alot with this build last three days and came up with this setup:

Voll's protector 6L:

Barrage
Cast on crit
Ethereal knives
Arc
Summon skeletons
Life leech

Why skeletons? Because with them you have literally ZERO risk when farming ANY bosses include such badasses as Dominoe and other hard hitters. Its even helpful when clearing large packs coz all mobs attacks your bone shields and none touch you.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
I was experimenting alot with this build last three days and came up with this setup:

Voll's protector 6L:

Barrage
Cast on crit
Ethereal knives
Arc
Summon skeletons
Life leech

Why skeletons? Because with them you have literally ZERO risk when farming ANY bosses include such badasses as Dominoe and other hard hitters. Its even helpful when clearing large packs coz all mobs attacks your bone shields and none touch you.

How do you generate power charges? Just use a skele brotem, problem solved with hard bosses.
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
anyone a good idea about this build with scion or ranger passive tree instead?
"
twapper wrote:
How do you generate power charges? Just use a skele brotem, problem solved with hard bosses.

I did wrote key moment: Voll's protector 6L :)

Oh, and by the way you can swap Skeletons to Discharge if you like close combats its even more fun - nonstop explosions!
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
Last edited by Dharmatrooper on May 4, 2014, 5:03:40 AM
Has anyone been able to kill Atziri (at least her guradians) with this build?
"
XenoNerve wrote:
Has anyone been able to kill Atziri (at least her guradians) with this build?

I believe my guildmate using a butchered crappy life variant of my variant has on ambush recently. he struggled the most with duo vaals, steamrolled the triple boss, and does mostly well on atziri by keeping perm ele flask uptime. mirror phase gives him the most trouble cuz of the constant bleed+burn, and of course, his VP being unreliable

IIRC, his stats were something like 3.9k hp, 6l rare chest, rat's nest, aurseize, and just life+res rares on rest. main link: barrage - coc - EK - LL - pcoc - fast attack

a more reasonable build should be able to do atziri quite handily
so im a newb and i got this build up and running, it says "No problems with reflect" and i have vaal pact + leech but it also says "phys reflect is not duable with EK" so what do i do vs phys reflect
Last edited by captainhector on May 5, 2014, 1:57:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info