Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

That makes sense, I stand corrected. So Cold Snap is a viable third spell (or maybe replaces arc/ek with a supportr gem) if you get a Voll's and then you can drop hatred for something else as well if you go down that road. I'm definitely inteested in what people are doing with their 6L voll's.

Without that "7th" socket, I love Arc and EK. EK slaughters bosses and rare mobs / anything that puts up a little resistance and Arc gives a healthy amount of extra damage and also wastes trash mobs in mass, doing Chain's job for free almost and yet also giving a bonus.
Last edited by Zomb1ek1ller on Apr 24, 2014, 12:17:14 AM
Zomb1eK1ller: since you said your main goal is farming, the obvious choice for a 6th gem in Voll's would be IIR or IIQ (if your league has IIQ).

Besides that, yes, Cold Snap works only with Voll's and it's awesome.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Great build, clear speed is just insane. I'm selling not bad gear for this build, you can check my thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/886220
Got 3400 averege ek damage w/o flask and 4k with flask.
Gahh. I hate you for pointing that out Bars. My main goal is both farming and experience, since this is my first "endgame" character, but you're mathematically right, my Rarity is low enough that I need that Rarity so I can keep earning items and currency. I should probably replace Arc with IIR right now, since I need currency and items, and it won't slow my clear speed that much proportional to the rarity increase. But oh man that's too unfun. I just can't do it. (Honestly I don't like the idea of "here's this gem that chokes out useful gems and only has economic considerations" but I guess thats another topic).

I'd probably cave and do it if I was on a server with quantity gems, since those level 73+ map droprates are a serious economic problem for me, even turning to the map management guides and being pretty good about map management. But I can either run high level maps and we all take turns pitching in maps, but get basically half the drops of everything else, or run 73 maps and try to make more money, but not both. IIR culler duo is not bad as I've made a couple friends to do that with, though. I digress.

Super fun build. Not much else to say. Really satisfied with this choice for my first time through the game.
Last edited by Zomb1ek1ller on Apr 25, 2014, 5:06:18 PM
PS how is this build for Rarity? I guess some kinda ES thing might be more convenient, but getting 150% IIR on this build should be more than doable enough with Aurseizes while remaining crit capped. Adding the IIR gem you're even higher. Gawd, this is the AK-47 of builds, not the best at everything, but it's flexible, deadly enough and the poorest of the poor can afford it.

People say the "good" farming build is a Summoner build with 450% IIR, but then they forget items gained per hour equals clear speed TIMES iir, I believe their build neglects one side of the equation :)

EDIT: Also, may I present "dark souls of exile": finish getting your next level ('cause you're gonna die doing this), put on Wondertraps and reserve 70% of your life with an aura on BM, and proceed to do level 75 rareified 75% quantity maps with this build and... ahahaha this is such a moronic idea I love it. Low life, but with no mitigation strategy! Awesome! Actually, this would be fun as shit and semi-doable, if like playing a bullet hell shooter, it weren't for my mortal enemies desync, rubberbanding and lag.
Last edited by Zomb1ek1ller on Apr 25, 2014, 5:19:56 PM
"
Zomb1ek1ller wrote:
PS how is this build for Rarity? I guess some kinda ES thing might be more convenient, but getting 150% IIR on this build should be more than doable enough with Aurseizes while remaining crit capped. Adding the IIR gem you're even higher. Gawd, this is the AK-47 of builds, not the best at everything, but it's flexible, deadly enough and the poorest of the poor can afford it.

People say the "good" farming build is a Summoner build with 450% IIR, but then they forget items gained per hour equals clear speed TIMES iir, I believe their build neglects one side of the equation :)

EDIT: Also, may I present "dark souls of exile": finish getting your next level ('cause you're gonna die doing this), put on Wondertraps and reserve 70% of your life with an aura on BM, and proceed to do level 75 rareified 75% quantity maps with this build and... ahahaha this is such a moronic idea I love it. Low life, but with no mitigation strategy! Awesome! Actually, this would be fun as shit and semi-doable, if like playing a bullet hell shooter, it weren't for my mortal enemies desync, rubberbanding and lag.

low cost summoner clears similarly fast. this build with a few exalts of battle gear achieves around maybe 50k dps. mf not considered

my current ambush summoner with ~4 exalts of gear has 89k dps from 8 zombies alone, in 270/38 mf gear. spectres haven't even been accounted for cuz their damage values are unknown, and therefore impossible to calculate. but of course, her aoe isn't quite as large

I've actually done piety/dom mf runs on both of them. at the dps these builds achieve, how fast you can run becomes much more or a factor. and summoner doesn't need to stop moving to kill

anyways, mf run times with my wander @~35k dps (only ~10c worth of gear ;_;), 110/0 mf:
piety: ~4-5 minutes
dom: ~4 minutes

with summoner @~89k+ dps, 270/38 mf:
piety: ~3-4 minutes
dom: ~3 minutes

timed ingame with instance time remaining, so it's from entering luna2/lower sceptre, til kill, grab loot, back to town, check instance from wp from town

more variation for piety runs, cuz of course, her map is a bit harder to navigate. all mobs are skipped for dom runs except to replenish quicksilver. only large packs and magic/rares are cleared in piety
Comparisons with a summoner are a bit unfair, a summoner is ridiculous in terms of cost/efficiency. As far as I know. Haven't played one myself.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I guess

I ran piety and dom on my invasion searing bond+fire trap+flameblast+det dead dude too, though with only like 70 iir...cuz...you know, invasion's retarded and I need my 5.4k hp. his times are actually the most interesting....

@5k dps flameblast + 4.5k sb (~5c worth of gear), ~70/0 mf:
piety: ~5-8 minutes
dom: ~6-7 minutes

as you can see, dps is sorely overrated for mf runs. and keep in mind I'm also moving at a snail's pace cuz I'm terrified of random ssj weaver/chaska/metalsmith/etc assrape
Perhaps you guys could provide me with some feedback? I'm stuck at Lvl 86 and unable to progress (continuously dying). If it isn't reflect, it's a map boss, lag/desync, something, I dunno. For some reason (hopefully you guys can help identify) my character just dies, a lot.

Regardless, this is still an extremely fun and exciting build, my favorite to date. Can farm Piety/Dominus all day long with 96% IIR. Please feel free to provide any suggestions/constructive criticism, you won't hurt my feelings.

Some Stats
Life HP: 3502
ES: 97
Armor: 1980
Resists: Maxed with purity of elem
EK Tooltip DPS (without charges): 3,442.4

Let me know if I missed anything

Gear

I know I need to get rid of Tabula, but the ability to swap out gems is awesome and I can't really afford to replace it at the moment (maybe have a total of 4-5ex worth of currency?). What about my flasks? What mods should I shoot for?
Last edited by DoomCloud on Apr 28, 2014, 5:39:30 AM
Well, you have practically no life on your gear - it would be surprising if you didn't die. Besides the obvious, getting gear with life, I can only think of two things:

- replace cold snap with summon skeletons
- get instant healing flasks

edit: I could also suggest a slight respec, losing some damage in favor of life like this, but it wouldn't be that effective with the amount of life you have on your gear.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 28, 2014, 7:46:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info