Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

I've been meaning to ask:
Is using Carnage Heart ( ...10% life leech...) viable for replacing the gem and surviving with Vaal Pact ( I currently don't use Vaal Pact because personally it feels more squishy).

I'm using 6L Voll and have 3700 Life with Carnage and 4200 without. Capped resist and Crit (95%).

I must mention than except for lightning thorns and reflect of course, I don't have any problems, i just want to increase DPS.
Carnage Heart: 6-10% of physical attack damage is leeched.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
Carnage Heart: 6-10% of physical attack damage is leeched.

THx Bars ! like always ! I Didn't read that well
Playing on invasion atm, level 72

Running Barrage + CoC + EK + PCoC + Arc + Chain

Current gear setup:
Gear cost about 3-4 exalts(chest cost 2 alone), still looking for upgrades currently and I still have to roll my chest
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Auras:
Clarity - hatred - purity of lightning (switch with other auras based on mad mods/bosses)(400 unreserved mana)

Stats:
90% crit
3.1k life
1.6k mana
90 mana regen

Build theory:
Grab EB
Run arctic armor
Grabbing MoM at 75
Life nodes after that

Cons:
-Invasion bosses are a huge pain
-Capping resists is a pain
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
Last edited by twapper on Apr 22, 2014, 5:33:34 PM
Well I'm level 80. Got a "sorta" real 6l instead of my tabula. I swear by Leech - EK - Arc - PCOC - CoC - Barrage, best by test IMO, there is no other setup I use except for phys / ele reflect map mods.

Got vaal pact. thought it was "meh" at first then realized how awesome it is. The last enemy you hit procs regular leech regen overtime -- vaal pact affects every enemy you hit -- this means I'm finally tanky enough to be more comfortable. I'm doing level 72 rare maps I buy for 1 chaos a piece when I run low, nothing's going wrong, I can do higher level maps as well I just don't find them often enough and buying them doesn't seem quite as economical with my shitty IIR. This build is super good.

I've been running Aurseizes instead of Maligaro's since forever and I consider the Aurseizes better as a player needing to farm items.

Neither of my new 10.8% crit wands with big spell damage has projectile speed and the effect this has on EK's range is noticeable and slightly annoying, although it's not that dangerous since I also have Arc and I'm so much tankier with vaal pact. 20% projectile speed would be really damn nice on a wand to give EK that little bit of extra reach, though. I have enough chaos resist that I no longer die to corrupting blood mobs, my main cause of death, before I can react and alt+f4. Haven't died in 5 levels. I've never died to reflect, before or after vaal pact (then again I pay attention, and have had to make weird improvised plans in response to reflect)

Right now I'm just trying to stack life and IIR. It's insanely expensive to get more IIR. Again that's literally the only problem with this build, is that I guess if I wanted to farm items all day maybe there is some better option (like a summoner snoozefest). I may try to theorycraft making CI work so I can stack rarity more easily, but that idea's probably a non-starter and I just need to get insanely expensive items with rarity AND life on them, or bide my time and save up currency for a more stupidly expensive, but IIR-ready build like something doing low life shavronne's/wondertrap shenanigans.

Also, my amulet and one of my rings is really fucking bad, and I need to replace them with something with IIR AND the useful stats.

this junk

PS: I believe there is no such thing as enough IAS. People saying you need enough IAS, and not as much as you can get your filthy hands on, must be doing very different things than me. But this could change depending on whether you're wearing a Voll's (before you've maxed reduced mana), and whether you need/want to run Chain (if both Voll's and Chain/GMP I could see mana management on high IAS being a problem, for everything else, eh).

Also, I have no desire for a 6L Voll's, because I literally don't know what I'd do with my "7th" socket... the first 6 are exactly what I want, and making more gems do something extremely valuable is actually a bit difficult without rethinking my whole gem setup. If anyone knows of a "great" third spell after Arc and EK I'd consider that, but other than it's literally like... uh.. temporal chains? GMP / Chain would present mana management problems on a Voll's, but I guess they get badass, even if it would force me to reconsider arc+ek as the best option. But chain and GMP aren't as great as they seem on paper IMO, not without seriously re-evaluating my whole setup anyway.

Also, that +30 int node is worth taking I think, you can always regret out later, but it makes getting more valuable mods from gear while hitting that essential 188 int requirement way more convenient.
Last edited by Zomb1ek1ller on Apr 23, 2014, 11:27:43 PM
"
Zomb1ek1ller wrote:
Well I'm level 80. Got a "sorta" real 6l instead of my tabula. I swear by Leech - EK - Arc - PCOC - CoC - Barrage, best by test IMO, there is no other setup I use except for phys / ele reflect map mods.

Got vaal pact. thought it was "meh" at first then realized how awesome it is. The last enemy you hit procs regular leech regen overtime -- vaal pact affects every enemy you hit -- this means I'm finally tanky enough to be more comfortable. I'm doing level 72 rare maps I buy for 1 chaos a piece when I run low, nothing's going wrong, I can do higher level maps as well I just don't find them often enough and buying them doesn't seem quite as economical with my shitty IIR. This build is super good.

I've been running Aurseizes instead of Maligaro's since forever and I consider the Aurseizes better as a player needing to farm items.

Neither of my new 10.8% crit wands with big spell damage has projectile speed and the effect this has on EK's range is noticeable and slightly annoying, although it's not that dangerous since I also have Arc and I'm so much tankier with vaal pact. 20% projectile speed would be really damn nice on a wand to give EK that little bit of extra reach, though. I have enough chaos resist that I no longer die to corrupting blood mobs, my main cause of death, before I can react and alt+f4. Haven't died in 5 levels. I've never died to reflect, before or after vaal pact (then again I pay attention, and have had to make weird improvised plans in response to reflect)

Right now I'm just trying to stack life and IIR. It's insanely expensive to get more IIR. Again that's literally the only problem with this build, is that I guess if I wanted to farm items all day maybe there is some better option (like a summoner snoozefest). I may try to theorycraft making CI work so I can stack rarity more easily, but that idea's probably a non-starter and I just need to get insanely expensive items with rarity AND life on them, or bide my time and save up currency for a more stupidly expensive, but IIR-ready build like something doing low life shavronne's/wondertrap shenanigans.

Also, my amulet and one of my rings is really fucking bad, and I need to replace them with something with IIR AND the useful stats.

this junk

PS: I believe there is no such thing as enough IAS. People saying you need enough IAS, and not as much as you can get your filthy hands on, must be doing very different things than me. But this could change depending on whether you're wearing a Voll's (before you've maxed reduced mana), and whether you need/want to run Chain (if both Voll's and Chain/GMP I could see mana management on high IAS being a problem, for everything else, eh).

Also, I have no desire for a 6L Voll's, because I literally don't know what I'd do with my "7th" socket... the first 6 are exactly what I want, and making more gems do something extremely valuable is actually a bit difficult without rethinking my whole gem setup. If anyone knows of a "great" third spell after Arc and EK I'd consider that, but other than it's literally like... uh.. temporal chains? GMP / Chain would present mana management problems on a Voll's, but I guess they get badass, even if it would force me to reconsider arc+ek as the best option. But chain and GMP aren't as great as they seem on paper IMO, not without seriously re-evaluating my whole setup anyway.

Also, that +30 int node is worth taking I think, you can always regret out later, but it makes getting more valuable mods from gear while hitting that essential 188 int requirement way more convenient.

cold snap
Cooldown on cold snap.
"
Zomb1ek1ller wrote:
Cooldown on cold snap.

bypassed by power charges, which voll's gives a self sustaining amount of. bars ran it when he played this build (and game)
It eats your power charges, definitely not a winner without some further gimmick.

E: A gimmick like voll's, I stand corrected
Last edited by Zomb1ek1ller on Apr 24, 2014, 12:10:00 AM
"
Zomb1ek1ller wrote:
Just tried it, it eats your power charges, definitely not a winner unless you're doing something very specific and different than regular barrage.

cuz you're on pcoc. pcoc is limited to 1 pc per action, and isn't 100%

voll's is 1 pc per enemy critted per action. which means a single crit arc would give 6 charges guaranteed. a crit ek can technically give 10, if each knife hits an enemy, but realistically that never happens

cold snap is a voll only coc, which is what makes it such a good combo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info