Willemoesium's Righteous Fire Build 20-40k DPS NO Kaoms Heart

why resolute tech?
Hey, great build.

Just one question, how would you build this one with a Templar if you wanted to?
IGN: Vaelfor
"
killwish wrote:
why resolute tech?

i'm assuming this is addressed to me cos willemoesium's build doesn't use resolute technique. sorry if i'm mistaken.

i need resolute technique because i use dominating blow and i don't want to miss. many times RF will kill even rare monsters so fast i can't 'tag' em in time.

the playstyle is run through all the white mobs and convert any uniques with auras i want. or sometimes you may want some ranged minions for awhile. minions last more than a minute if you link increased duration so the playstyle is sort of like a 'buffhunter.' running to piety or dominus you convert all the minions you want gathering buffs and try to make it to the boss with most of them up. same thing goes with maps.

i don't care about the damage of dominating blow. don't need physical damage. it's the RF degen that kills monsters. you just tag them before they die and they get converted.
"
Phatty2phat wrote:
Looks fun, did you just level as Ground Slam or Searing Touch with Fire traps? Also around what level did you start to use RF/FP?

I leveled up a long time ago in open beta. back then i used a combination of Ethereal Knives and the unique axe "Reaper's Pursuit" as its hits can't be evaded.

The build guide is not completely finnished yet. I'm planing on making a small leveling guide some time :)
"
"
Willemoesium wrote:
"
How are you sustaining life while monsters are attacking you? I planned something similar and was going to use an aoe cleave with leech and life on hit.

Try to look at the "RF self-damage calculations". I actually heal 129 life per second with RF on. In addition to that, I also use Life Leech with Freezing Pulse, which do quite a lot.

But try it out! It seems like a fine idea :)

129 life per second is definitely not enough to mitigate all damage from all monsters.

Sure, whites aren't going to get a chance to do much of anything, but I would expect rares, bosses and casters to get a few shots in before the aura kills them. Do you not have a need to keep your life up while your aura does it's work?

I expect ruby flasks, life flasks and some kind of leeching attack skill would do the trick, but I didn't see any mention of this in your build.

Well I do use ruby flasks, and as mentioned above, I do use Freezing pulse with life leech. I will probably include it in the guide soon as it is not completely finished yet :)
"
Johhnyy wrote:
Hey there,

I have been playing a righteous fire build made by oroboro the ninja and he did extensive testing on searing touch vs. dual redbeaks. You actually get more damage from dual redbeaks - use RF to get to 1 hp, use righteous fire with your redbeaks out and swap to rise of the phoenix and pop a ruby flask, maybe a health pot too if you want to get back up quickly and the damage from the dual redbeaks persists no matter what life you have - as long as you cast RF while on low life. I have tried both weapon sets and I can definitely vouch and say that redbeaks are FAR BETTER.

Many people are telling me that redbeaks are better, but I think it is too much of a setup each time I cast RF. Currently imn farming Catacombs, which take around 3 minuttes. When i begin to map, I may change to redbeaks :)
"
Vaelfor77 wrote:
Hey, great build.

Just one question, how would you build this one with a Templar if you wanted to?

Good question. First of all, I don't think I would want to do so. The marauder start is full of life nodes, and life regen nodes, whiche the build can't do without.

I have tried to make the build anyway:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwCcQSzBS0MXxRNGNsZLhv6IWAl3yfVJ-0o-imlNZI8LUCgQYdHfkz_TipQUFRJWGNbr18_YEthIWVNaHR07XTxeA1674LHhMSE2YTviPGK5IzPlKCYrZvsnrmiAKQZqW6rxaxZrUqvbLXytz653b6KxFjE9sWKxq7G2M0m1I_aYuLq51LnY-8O8B_z3fZI-ej-Cg==

as you can see, it just puts the build 3 points back, as I go for the marauder start anyway :)
I'm playing around with an idea atm and I have a question for you, the Infernal Mantle that converts 25% of fire dmg to Chaos, wouldn't that just make it impossible to get enough regen to out regen the chaos dmg part?

Any chance I can get you to test this, the build I'm messing around with is very much just an idea, but I would love if you could answer that question for me ;)

Also how can you figure out how much regen/fire res needed to survive the RF burn before creating the character? - I've currently set the passive to have around 7,8% and planning on using Vitality in Alphas howl for an additional 1,75%. This seems to be low for the build to work even with 90% fire resistance?
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
"
Rmpz wrote:
I'm playing around with an idea atm and I have a question for you, the Infernal Mantle that converts 25% of fire dmg to Chaos, wouldn't that just make it impossible to get enough regen to out regen the chaos dmg part?

Any chance I can get you to test this, the build I'm messing around with is very much just an idea, but I would love if you could answer that question for me ;)

Well, GGG has pointed out that damage over time is not affected by conversion. I have an Infernal Mantle laying araound, so I have just tested it to be sure. It does not convert self-damage to chaos damage, so no problem ef that's what you gonna do :) Though I still highly recomend Carcass Jack :)

"
Rmpz wrote:
Also how can you figure out how much regen/fire res needed to survive the RF burn before creating the character? - I've currently set the passive to have around 7,8% and planning on using Vitality in Alphas howl for an additional 1,75%. This seems to be low for the build to work even with 90% fire resistance?

In my case, I heal a bit more than 2% life when having RF on. I might be overdoing it a little, so you should be able to do with less. if you get to 90% fire res, then around 9% regen should do.

Hope it helped :)
Last edited by Willemoesium on Dec 22, 2013, 5:04:58 AM
Hey there, definitely trying this build out. I was just wondering, if I have a 5L searing touch, is there anything else I can plug in? I presume fire pen might work but I've not tested it yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info