Willemoesium's Righteous Fire Build 20-40k DPS NO Kaoms Heart

"
How are you sustaining life while monsters are attacking you? I planned something similar and was going to use an aoe cleave with leech and life on hit.

Try to look at the "RF self-damage calculations". I actually heal 129 life per second with RF on. In addition to that, I also use Life Leech with Freezing Pulse, which do quite a lot.

But try it out! It seems like a fine idea :)
I think you should get a +3 weapon and use Viper Strike. You already have a few DoT passive's and that will make is so that you can do SOME mod's that you otherwise couldn't.
"
LorewynGaming wrote:
I think you should get a +3 weapon and use Viper Strike. You already have a few DoT passive's and that will make is so that you can do SOME mod's that you otherwise couldn't.

Nice idea, but I have checked the dmg of Viper Strike, and they seem to be a bit low. I only have 27% damage over time. I actually have my Freezing Pulse with 5*440=2200DPS (which I think is better than Viper Strike would be), so I could do all maps mods, it would just be very slow. Anyway, thanks for sharing your idea :)
You can heal through the damage by using Ruby Flasks which will boost your resistance to fire to 100%, so you will regenerate at a crazy speed, making you unable to die unless you are one-shotted.

Well crafted guide.

I am using a similar guide but I have a Kaom's Heart new version which adds an additional % fire damage and makes it even better for this build.

Unfortunately my speculation is that RF will be nerfed soon rather than later due to builds like this which are in my opinion a bit overpowered. Also the map mods this build can't do (-Max Resists/Elemental Weakness if you are not overcapped/Blood Magic is too risky etc) will transfer the cost of building a rich build to rerolling higher level maps because you will end up with mods you will often not be able to do.
I am offline or not responding in game ??? PM me.
IGN: Xasiklis

Proud developer of PoE - Multitool. Check thread #957878 for more info.
My item shop #136792
Looks fun, did you just level as Ground Slam or Searing Touch with Fire traps? Also around what level did you start to use RF/FP?
"
Phatty2phat wrote:
Looks fun, did you just level as Ground Slam or Searing Touch with Fire traps? Also around what level did you start to use RF/FP?

You can start using RF as soon as you can equip Rise of the Phoenix, that is level 65 although if your passive tree is not optimized at this level or your Purity of fire doesn't provide at least 2% life regen you will be dependent on the Ruby Flasks for your regen.
I am offline or not responding in game ??? PM me.
IGN: Xasiklis

Proud developer of PoE - Multitool. Check thread #957878 for more info.
My item shop #136792
"
Willemoesium wrote:
"
How are you sustaining life while monsters are attacking you? I planned something similar and was going to use an aoe cleave with leech and life on hit.

Try to look at the "RF self-damage calculations". I actually heal 129 life per second with RF on. In addition to that, I also use Life Leech with Freezing Pulse, which do quite a lot.

But try it out! It seems like a fine idea :)

129 life per second is definitely not enough to mitigate all damage from all monsters.

Sure, whites aren't going to get a chance to do much of anything, but I would expect rares, bosses and casters to get a few shots in before the aura kills them. Do you not have a need to keep your life up while your aura does it's work?

I expect ruby flasks, life flasks and some kind of leeching attack skill would do the trick, but I didn't see any mention of this in your build.
Hey there,

I have been playing a righteous fire build made by oroboro the ninja and he did extensive testing on searing touch vs. dual redbeaks. You actually get more damage from dual redbeaks - use RF to get to 1 hp, use righteous fire with your redbeaks out and swap to rise of the phoenix and pop a ruby flask, maybe a health pot too if you want to get back up quickly and the damage from the dual redbeaks persists no matter what life you have - as long as you cast RF while on low life. I have tried both weapon sets and I can definitely vouch and say that redbeaks are FAR BETTER.
"
Johhnyy wrote:
Hey there,

I have been playing a righteous fire build made by oroboro the ninja and he did extensive testing on searing touch vs. dual redbeaks. You actually get more damage from dual redbeaks - use RF to get to 1 hp, use righteous fire with your redbeaks out and swap to rise of the phoenix and pop a ruby flask, maybe a health pot too if you want to get back up quickly and the damage from the dual redbeaks persists no matter what life you have - as long as you cast RF while on low life. I have tried both weapon sets and I can definitely vouch and say that redbeaks are FAR BETTER.

Redbeaks are better, but you have to put your RF in one of your main item slots instead of in an offhand weapon, which means you are losing a 4links worth of some other skill(s). It is a matter of preference, and more than likely trading damage for survivability
"
Willemoesium wrote:
"
grandanes wrote:
Why wouldn't you run alpha's howl with a level 2 empower instead of geofri's? Same result but some additional benefits. Unless you need those resistances that much.

Apha's Howl is much more expencive than geofri's, and Geofri's resistances are very nice :) As well as making the build strong, I also focus on making it cheap and accesable for most players. That's why :)

other thing is alpha's howl will need a lot of chroms to get the 3R1G. Plus as mentioned, the resists are really really nice. especially the chaos res.

i've been running a dominating blow version of this build and i can confirm that the clear speed is amazing. reminds me of a whirlwind barb in diablo in the sense that you run by all white mobs and only stop for the rares, magic and unique mobs (altho with the dps of the build even they die in 2-3 seconds.)

here is my gear:

and my passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0MXxRNFm8XLxjbGS4b-h0UHwIhYCSwJd8n1SftKPoppTWSNsU22DrhPC1AoEGHR35M_04qUFBUSVXGVdZYY1uvXz9gS2EhZOdlTXKpdO108XgNeu982YCkgseDOITZhO-G0YgbiPGMz49GmK2euaIApBmnCKluq8WsWayqrUqvbLXytz64k7ndvorEWMT2xYrGrsbYzSbPZdDQ1I_YJOLq51LnY-vu7FXvDu9874XwH_Iv8kXz3fZI-ej60v4K

opted for iron reflexes and run grace with vitality and purity of fire for the added defense since i don't need the mana with the soul taker.
Last edited by Madroxmultiply on Dec 20, 2013, 8:36:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info