[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

nerfed!
My, someone's happy it got 'nerfed'. We'll see how hard it hits. My thoughts about the new patch?

"
Saffell's Frame: Block Chance Applied to Spells has been reduced from 100-120 to 70-80. All Maximum Resistance has been reduced from 5% to 4%.

This build was already nearly immune to elemental damage, taking around 5% more elemental damage shouldn't be too much of a hit. And losing that black chance? Well, I couldn't care less. This will make Elemental Adaptation a must now. Speaking about..

"
Elemental Adaptation has been moved to between the Witch and Templar.

We are all over that place! This is perfect!

"
Most spell damage, elemental damage and specific elemental damage passives have been improved.

Another piece of good news. This means we will most likely take more defensive nodes, and fewer offensive. The damage is fine the way it is, we won't need much more. I'm going to aim for a similar amount of fire damage/spell damage for the next patch.

"
The effectiveness of early Scion passives have been reduced.

There is a good chance I will start off as a witch. Not sure what I'm going to do with this topic then. Might as well try to find a way to update it for the scion - for those who wish to respec :>

"
The way leech applies to the player has changed. If you leech additional life while currently leeching, it no longer queues after the current leech. Technically, where multiple leeches are stacked, the largest one is used.

I've thought about it, and came to the conclusion that this shouldn't be a problem. This just means: the moment we stop attacking, is the moment we stop leeching. This shouldn't be a biggy, since we always attack. It will only make freeze a bit more dangerous.

All in all, I think this patch will hit the incinerator, but won't utterly destroy it. No, far from it. I think the build still stands as it is.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Mar 4, 2014, 7:20:43 AM
I was going to ask something about lifeleech but you just answered.
Planning to play this build first in ambush, hoping the scion start is still doable because I hate starting as a witch ><

Edit : If lifeleech is nerfed too much, is cybil's paw usable?
Last edited by Reddart on Mar 4, 2014, 7:29:26 AM
How fast will this build be updated after the sacrifice of the vaal patch?

Cybil's paw seems the most logical option yes. But that would require high block for some decent damage output, and I believe block is not necessary for this build. We will see how it affects us when the patch hits. I might have an idea how we could use cybil's without putting too many points in block though.

I will most likely update this build once the tree gets released - so a few hours before the patch will go live. That is just a 'beta' though, something that will most likely work, but might be tweaked over the coming weeks while playing in Ambush.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
This is a kick in the nuts regarding Leech.

Cybil's Paw might work, but I dunno. I used it leveling up, and the amount of life returned through it was pretty small.

I sure hope this character is still viable - this was by far my favorite character in the game.
They way i've seen it, leech isnt really being nerfd. It now prioritizes the highest leech amount available where as before, it queued each new instance of leech. Isn't this a minor buff for leech in general?
I'm excited to see how the skill tree changes will affect this build.
"
A new item type has been added to the challenge leagues: Unset Ring. It's a ring with a socket as its implicit property.

Finally somewhere to stick AA :D
IGN: Incinereap
"
Mastodonic wrote:
They way i've seen it, leech isnt really being nerfd. It now prioritizes the highest leech amount available where as before, it queued each new instance of leech. Isn't this a minor buff for leech in general?

I'm pretty sure we hit so rapidly and frequently, that our leech is queued a lot.

These changes to leech will hurt builds that hit fast and often...aka Incinerate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info