[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

why you dont have any chaos resist gear?
quite new to this game. so cant understand some basics
Hello,

I have a few questions about the CWDT's:

Why not using a setup with max level CwDT and max level Immortal Call + Molten Shell + Increased Duration ? Molten Shell and Immortal Call are already synergizing

And another setup with level 1 CwDT and Enduring Cry + Curse (Flammability, Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, ...) + something useful (Frost Wall, Arctic Breath). The mobs are perma cursed and you have almost always endurance charges due to the low damage trigger of CwDT level 1.

With those 2 setups, you have the possibility of keeping endurance charges almost always up, only consuming them when you take a huge spike of damage / hard hit, proccing the max level CwDT and getting a longer Immortal Call and high Defense Molten Shell.

I'm using this partly because I hate the Lightning warp on CwDT, too random for me, and the longer IC allows me to teleport/run away safely.

My current gear and gems: (I'm poor and self found, mostly)
Spoiler

Any thoughts, comments ?

Another thing, merciless Kole one-shot me last night, shouldn't CwDT + IC prevent that ?
Last edited by oursamiel on Feb 7, 2014, 5:23:59 AM
"
oursamiel wrote:
Hello,

I have a few questions about the CWDT's:

Why not using a setup with max level CwDT and max level Immortal Call + Molten Shell + Increased Duration ? Molten Shell and Immortal Call are already synergizing

And another setup with level 1 CwDT and Enduring Cry + Curse (Flammability, Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, ...) + something useful (Frost Wall, Arctic Breath). The mobs are perma cursed and you have almost always endurance charges due to the low damage trigger of CwDT level 1.

With those 2 setups, you have the possibility of keeping endurance charges almost always up, only consuming them when you take a huge spike of damage / hard hit, proccing the max level CwDT and getting a longer Immortal Call and high Defense Molten Shell.

I'm using this partly because I hate the Lightning warp on CwDT, too random for me, and the longer IC allows me to teleport/run away safely.

Another thing, merciless Kole one-shot me last night, shouldn't CwDT + IC prevent that ?

The point is that we don't have a great reason to keep Endurance Charges when we can immediately exchange them for (admittedly brief) physical invulnerability. You're using a longer duration IC to solve a problem (escaping from threats) that the rest of us have solved with CwDT + Lightning Warp. Sure, that's one way to do things, but its benefit really relies on your ability to keep Endurance Charges up. The low-level CwDT with EC + IC linked avoids that, and thus provides a more consistent and autonomous defense.

CwDT set-ups are triggered in response to taking damage. If Kole kills you in a single strike, no CwDT configuration of any sort will help - you'll be dead before the spells cast.

"
oursamiel wrote:

My current gear and gems: (I'm poor and self found, mostly)
Spoiler

Ditch the shield. Spell damage is nice, but if you're following the logic of this build guide, you really do need a Saffell's Frame. If you'd rather go with a more conventional block/spellblock defense, you'll need to adjust your skill tree accordingly (and you'll still want a different shield).

You will probably want Mana Leech on that 5L rather than Faster Projectiles when you take EB/MoM if you haven't already.

If you aren't using an Infernal Mantle, I would consider exchanging Added Chaos Damage for Fire Penetration. Even though it won't raise your tooltip DPS, it will improve your real damage output.

The ruby ring, belt, and amulet aren't bad.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Feb 7, 2014, 10:22:07 AM
I'm way too broke to afford a Saffell's, at least before the league ends, and after that I'm starting the new one.

In my setup, I was relying on the endurance charges to keep my resistances a little bit higher than my passive tree + equipment was providing. I'm nowhere near capped resistances.

But If you say it's more reliable to get a lower IC, I'll try it.

With my regen, I don't need mana at the moment, maybe later in maps. For now I can fire Incinerate long enough to kill anything, and I regen between packs.

And I seriously hate being warped around in packs, I died enough to avoid that. I prefer casting it manually and play with another curse.

Thanks for your input
Last edited by oursamiel on Feb 7, 2014, 11:09:18 AM
"
oursamiel wrote:
I'm way too broke to afford a Saffell's, at least before the league ends, and after that I'm starting the new one.

In my setup, I was relying on the endurance charges to keep my resistances a little bit higher than my passive tree + equipment was providing. I'm nowhere near capped resistances.

But If you say it's more reliable to get a lower IC, I'll try it.

With my regen, I don't need mana at the moment, maybe later in maps. For now I can fire Incinerate long enough to kill anything, and I regen between packs.

And I seriously hate being warped around in packs, I died enough to avoid that. I prefer casting it manually and play with another curse.

Thanks for your input

If you die becouse you use cwdt warp it means you are really squishy, cwdt warp is one of the best thing in this build, if you dont want to use it and warp manually you need different build with block or smth like this, becouse you lose ALOT of damage then you lose incinerate stacks, that means you lose your life leech and mana leech for MoM. First what you need is more resists, health and armor, use flasks in huge packs. Avoid evasion items it's useless with Unwavering stance. Infernal mantle cost 1 - 2 chaos, it's almost nothing, your chest really bad, and forget about damage you need more defense.
I cannot see how you are getting 4K HP. I just spent ~15C trying to get more HP on my items and I hit 3.5K. I've got the same HP nodes as the final build, im level 81. Admittedly my helmet has low life yes, but getting 70 on that would still not get me near 4K. Do I sacrifice the iir on my rings and ammy and go for HP on those aswell? I have 33% IIR from them.

Gear
Spoiler

Also, how does Dominus' touch of god work? I use both my granite and topaz flask but it doesnt matter. Sometimes without the flasks he hits for half of my HP and sometimes with the flasks he very nearly kills me...
Hey Guys.

It is an awesome build and today i helped a group of 3 with Dom. in Merc. with lvl 70. They were all around 70 and i just walked in and face tanked Dom. and killed them. They were spawning me how OP I am.

This is my current gear:

Running around with 110 IIR or so and Max Resis (around 90 on each, only chaos is -60 currently).

Any suggestion on how to switch my gear?

Also i am currently running at 1383 DPS with LMP and 4.37 cast / second. how much DPS i am doing? I calculated something around 25 K (+-5k). is this correcT? (Would post the screen here, but unable to do so..)

chaosphysik
Last edited by chaosphysik on Feb 7, 2014, 3:18:08 PM
"
n00boxular wrote:
I cannot see how you are getting 4K HP. I just spent ~15C trying to get more HP on my items and I hit 3.5K. I've got the same HP nodes as the final build, im level 81. Admittedly my helmet has low life yes, but getting 70 on that would still not get me near 4K. Do I sacrifice the iir on my rings and ammy and go for HP on those aswell? I have 33% IIR from them.

Also, how does Dominus' touch of god work? I use both my granite and topaz flask but it doesnt matter. Sometimes without the flasks he hits for half of my HP and sometimes with the flasks he very nearly kills me...

If you have good survivability with the life you currently have, you don't need to change anything. When/if you have the luxury of improving your gear beyond what you have, health is certainly a good option. I'm running a level 85 character with pretty good gear and I haven't quite broken 4k yet myself.

Dominus's ground attack deals lightning damage only. However, he has a Flicker Strike-like ability that shocks the ground nearby for a decent while. Have you been standing in that? Shock stacks each apply a '30% more damage taken' debuff.

"
chaosphysik wrote:
Hey Guys.
Also i am currently running at 1383 DPS with LMP and 4.37 cast / second. how much DPS i am doing? I calculated something around 25 K (+-5k). is this correcT? (Would post the screen here, but unable to do so..)

chaosphysik

3 * 4 * 1383 = 16596 DPS. This assumes all projectiles are hitting a target and you have the full Incinerate bonus active.
Hey guys! I'm loving this build! I have a question though... why cwdt firestorm? Wouldn't it be better to do like coldsnap and elemental prolif with molten shell on on cwdt? Mana leach and firestorm? I currently am running only level 14 arctic armor tho but it works for mfing and i find discipline doesn't add that much. Rather get purity of elements and more mf!!!

Are there any other alternative skills for cwdt or auras to use? I can farm Dominus easily except his touch of god attack 1 shots me... only got 2k life but i can usually dodge it!

Lemme know your thoughts! Thanks!!!
this looks really fun to play.
can you recommend any low level rares/uniques for early to mid-game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info