[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

In my experience, as long as you use a mana leech gem, mana is always full even in big damage spikes; I'm only doing up to lvl 70 maps atm though. I have 1400/2700 mana with Haste instead of Discipline and it rarely drops as long as you're hitting things. Only problem arises when you get teleported into a wall or obstacle which causes Incinerate to shoot in weird angles.

I'm currently trying to color this wand RRG in order to stick AA in it; CWDT+MS would go in the other slots.

After a few hundred chroms I'm close to giving up. Do you think the +2 lvls for AA is worth the trouble?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Jan 25, 2014, 4:28:38 AM
Hello !

So I've been playing POE for a while, and when incinerate went out my first thought was "oh, looks like shit!". When this topic was created, i changed my mind, and some times ago i decided to give it a try.

I've tweaked the passive tree a little bit - not necessarily in a good way - in order to have more cast speed nodes, more aura nodes and i intend to level up my block chance one day.

Here's my tree. Next steps are MoM + EB (in 5 levels) and templar area.

I just started using a GMP (that gogogozebras gave me, thx!) instead of my LMP, and i have some mana problems (like in I can't stustain it more than 10-15sec). I spend a little bit more than 200 mana/sec (40/0.19), and i regen 164. I intend to solve that with EB + discipline (i hope it will be enough), and i may try to use tempest shield + mana leech in order to sustain MoM a little bit more. If it doesn't work, i'll go back to LMP, until i grab more %mana / %regen nodes.

Here's my stuff.
Spoiler

I can't buy a Infernal Mantle right now (i'm quite poor, the stuff i got is self-found exept for the chest armor). Plus i'd like it to be 5L/6S :P. I need a new wand with same or better proj speed + spell damage and mana regen (would solve some problems). Right now i have 84/89/74 resist (capped at 75). I intend to change my fire resist ring for something that is more versatile (mana regen maybe? ^^).

About the CWDT/LW skill, it's totally crazy. I got mine late (Library quest), just dropped a second one, but i don't know if it's worth it to stop levelling all those gems to slot it in.

Anyway, thanks for the build AZG !
OK. Sometimes life drops a bomb on you and while you are trying to make a 5L Infernal Mantle, this happens;

(24 jewelers, 12 fusings)

I don't want to risk messing with the colors anymore right now. So can I get the communities opinion, what should I do with all of these darn slots?!?

Thanks much!
IGN: Tarnished_Mantle
Search for "Silvers Kiosk" on the forums for some quality gear and fair trades.
IGN: Silver_Totems
Last edited by gfeldman on Jan 26, 2014, 4:33:38 PM
"
gfeldman wrote:
OK. Sometimes life drops a bomb on you and while you are trying to make a 5L Infernal Mantle, this happens;

I don't want to risk messing with the colors anymore right now. So can I get the communities opinion, what should I do with all of these darn slots?!?

Thanks much!

Hi.

Replace the faster casting with added lighting Dmg onto it. It might shock the Mob and will bost your XP. Also the faster casting is not really helping you. If you have a lot of Str you can add the Iron Will Support Gem into it. If you want to increase the range add Faster projectiles (Green) to it.

Btw:

Question about this Build:
I love it, but i have 1 Question:

5 or 6 Skill points for Balistic Mastery? Is it realy worth it?
Well, if you consider that the aura cluster next to it is worth it (and i do), it's only 3 points. Well, it's totally worth it imo.

Got a Infernal Mantle. 208 jews later, still no 6S.
"
chaosphysik wrote:
"
gfeldman wrote:

Thanks much!

Hi.

Replace the faster casting with added lighting Dmg onto it. It might shock the Mob and will bost your XP. Also the faster casting is not really helping you. If you have a lot of Str you can add the Iron Will Support Gem into it. If you want to increase the range add Faster projectiles (Green) to it.

Just so I understand your line of thought, you are saying the faster casting isn't really worth it because the cast speed is already so high? I do plan on replacing the mana leech with faster projectiles once my gear can support it a little better. Back to the "added lightning damage" gem though, do you think I should take the "Static Blows" node as well?
Search for "Silvers Kiosk" on the forums for some quality gear and fair trades.
IGN: Silver_Totems
Switching builds, so I now have these available for sale:

Looking for 4 Ex for the shield/mantle combo, or 5 Ex for all 3.

In game name is Sanserrae.

Last edited by JTDSR71 on Jan 26, 2014, 6:42:18 PM
"

Just so I understand your line of thought, you are saying the faster casting isn't really worth it because the cast speed is already so high? I do plan on replacing the mana leech with faster projectiles once my gear can support it a little better. Back to the "added lightning damage" gem though, do you think I should take the "Static Blows" node as well?

Point is: You dont have any time that will elapse while you prepare the spell. Compare it with Fireball. You cast 1 Fireball and then you need to start over. Here will boost your faster casting each fireball.

In this build, it will boost only the inital cast of incinerate if i understood it correctly. So therefore FasterCasting will NOT help you while building up those stacks or so.

Why Added Lighting ? Just because of the colour. (Both are blue and I assume you were already using add chaos dmg). If you want to recolour it for 3 Green (quite hard) than you can add faster project. to increase Range. But be careful, getting 3 OFF Colour is quite hard.

What do you think about alpha's Howl? i had one lying around and tought id play around with it since i had the resist way capped anyway, and didnt have the cannot be frozen mod yet.

Since it is Eva i did spend a few nodes to get to Iron Reflexes, and with that it seems that it could be worth it. I run my aura;s in there along with AA and have CWDT LW in shield thanks to this. Any toughts? (i am low level still, 66, but with this build following so far ive been mapping since lvl 61 thanks to a 6l infernal :P )
"
chaosphysik wrote:

Point is: You dont have any time that will elapse while you prepare the spell. Compare it with Fireball. You cast 1 Fireball and then you need to start over. Here will boost your faster casting each fireball.

In this build, it will boost only the inital cast of incinerate if i understood it correctly. So therefore FasterCasting will NOT help you while building up those stacks or so.

Where are you getting this information? Bottom post here indicates otherwise...
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/233640/filter-account-type/staff

Kind of confused by your comment. The way I understood it, faster casting made the incinerate "tick" faster, because the spell is not really one continuous cast, it is a bunch of tiny rapid casts.
Last edited by thatdumbguy on Jan 26, 2014, 7:51:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info