[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

"
Tormenx wrote:
Why did you prioritize armour over ES and Life for your gear?

i didnt priorize armor and Life.

most of my items are Life/Mana/Res or (close enough) as the guide correctly suggests on gear section

The BASE stat of my items is not a clear ES, but a combination of AR/ES or EV/ES. Plus it was more easy to get right colours on these sockets. i have a feeling clear ES items are hard to roll 3 reds for example (or i am so unlucky)

SO what i basically asked is that although i got the 2k unreserved Mana Pool to run MoM, if its worth getting clear ES gear because that is going to be a huge boost to my mana pool.

As i stated in other posts in this great guide im a newly returned player and my recources are just poor. So answers like reroll/buy rares with e.x. 4 specific stats Life/Mana/Res/ES is just something i cant afford.

i hope thats a more clear question.
hi,
1st thanks for your build, its very funny to porting on the field :)

I have a question about Projectile Weakness curse. I am playing with my friend very often and he is use this curse, but I am not sure if this curse increase dmg from my Incinerate too?

Next question is about Added Chaos dmg. Is it viable base on:
Low Damage Effectiveness: This stat causes added damage from supports such as Added Lightning/Cold/Chaos Damage, to provide only 30% of their listed effectiveness. This limits the effectiveness of adding base damage to spells that create many small hits instead of one large effect.

ty
Since Incinerate fires so fast, it would get a lot more benefit from added damage gems than slower spells, that's why it gets a lower coefficient. It's still very viable.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Man, I tried Shock and Horror last night, and it killed me 4 times before I could even get close to it. Wonder what I am doing wrong, the video made it look so easy, lol.
"
sirsadi wrote:
Hello, i am lvl 68 new player and i followed this guide from start.

Just one question.
I have 2033 UNRESERVED mana (and 2,4k HP) According to some people that posted on this thread, (who are clearly experienced) u need to have at least 2k mana unreserved mana in order to run MoM.

My items are not ES based. some are armor, others give just high Life/RES.

Should i go for more ES based items ? Is a large mana pool a MUST ?

I ran MoM from like level 65. No issues. At the time after reservation I had like 1.7k mana. But I did have a full compliment of AR/ES items, most of which I bought for 1c or less.
@sirsadi: I think the most important question is "Do you die?" "Do you get to low mana?" If no, I wouldn't bother too much. These are only guidelines, it worked for us, but having just 2K mana might work just fine for you :>

@Nenie: Since Incinerate is a projectile, projectile weakness will increase it's damage, but due to the knockback of projectile weakness, you won't be able to get your full blast off at all times - basically losing a lot of damage.

See if your friend can switch to elemental weakness, if he's an elemental archer. Otherwise see if he wants to switch over to vulnerability/crit weakness or enfeeble(preferably the later one since it's the only one you benefit from as well)

As for the follow up question, Holocaustus answered that for you ;P

@JTDSR71: Hmm... is your lightning res maxed? Or did S&H bring you to low mana? What were the mods on this map? Did you clear the blue packs before going into the fight with S&H? Or did you facetank them all?
I believe, anyone doing this build with at least 2,5K HP, MoM, 2K mana, 82% lig res unbuffed, should be able to able to kill a clean(unbuffed)S&H without any deaths(preferable more HP of course, 2,5 being the bare minimum). If you didn't get elemental adaptation, that might be the problem(you take approximately 10% more damage from the laser, which might mean you take enough damage).
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
After testing the original spec and spacejanitors spec using claok of defiance, I ended up with this variation for next league. (I wanted to not rely on cloak of defiance and did not want to spend alot of regrets specing out of the entire tree to UW, MOM beneath scion hp wheel).

Strategy gameplay:

I will start out doing the same build as the OP (with small variation, i.e drop immolation), and late game when I have gathered abit of currency I will transform into a more defensive variant.

Key items late game will be:

In end game maps without high block I felt that I sometimes took quite heavy spike dmg, especially from physical dmg combined with vurnability mode. Also, lightning thorns was sometimes just annoying me. With high spellblock, lightning thorns is a none issue and I can just pump my incinerate in crowds with no worries. Still, vs promenade map boss, I need to use a topaz pot, but not vs regular mobs and champions.

Passive tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecFLQhnFCAYPBmFGYoaMhpVHRQfAiFgIcMkqijFKPosnC0fLYMtqDWSNsU26DbpOuFAoEGHRKtFnUkbTDVN41BHUWBVrlXGVi1X4VivXhNgS2EhZKNtGW-ecH107XTxeA16qnrvgh6Cx4MJhO-FModliPGPRo-mkNaTOpcGmuCbtZwtnrmfy6ZXpwinMKluqZWsWax_rK-vt7GQtfK3PrfWuJO9J8HzwzrDhsSiykrPZdDQ0TbYJNsL21njaudj55Hr7vJF8775Zfno-tL-Cv6P

So I will just quickly go through my decisions and why I ended up with my variant of this build:

1) Flexible chest piece:
For the new league I do not like to rely on cloak of defiance, as spacejanitor pointed out, main argument here is flexibility of gear. That being said, going cloak of defiance or my variant makes little difference. Besides going high spellblock means little flexibility with other slots, but that holds true for any build going high spellblock.

2) High block - max block:
Pewpew's original tree travels very near some insane good block node clusters. In addition to upping defense by a ton, you can also save 5 points by skipping elemental adaption. (With high spellblock elemental adaption is not needed). As I level up in end game I will strike a balance between block nodes and hp nodes. I feel that saving 5 nodes and put them into the powerful block node clusters are efficient and good use of passive points.

3) Flexible gem combination with incinerate:
With max block (or close to) and spellblock, using tempest shield in combination with mana leech makes for good automatic mana leech battery. In most maps that means I can skip mana leech. I have noticed that its quite common to skip mana leech but from personal experience Iv found that Iv gone oom quickly whenever I take heavy dmg (corpse eating mofos with GMP to name one enemy, they empty my mana in no time). High block gives a good way of getting mana back against crowds.

Quite common with max block is use of cybil's paw and that could free up lifeleech in most maps. In hard content you can still double up and get both life leech and instant hp back from cybil's claw.

4) Compared to other tanky max block incinerate builds, I like pewpews travel through elemental dominion, it gives good offensive power at the sametime you are travelling towards EB.

In order to get max block at lvl 85 I would need to sacrifice some hp nodes, it is all about the balance. When i approach lvl 90 I will have maxed out both block and hp nodes that is located nearby my buildpath.

An interesting variation is also taking static blow and swap in added lightning dmg gem supporting incinerate. Tempest shield also shocks quite well as spacejanitor already mentioned.

My variant is more an extension of what I plan to do when I "finish" the original build, a general idea of which direction I will go.

I can now confirm that running without Discipline is entirely possible.

I have about 125% bonus mana regen from my gear now:

None of these were expensive. I think I bought each for less than 5 chaos. Might have even been 1-3 chaos each.

I have a little bit less than 2500 max mana now without Discipline which results in a 230.6 mana per second.

That's enough to walk around with arctic armor on and not lose any mana at all. I can also stand still with armor on and spam incinerate at 46% increased cast speed and not lose mana. I still need a few skill points to reach MoM, so I'll derp around with haste for a bit.

Regarding Infernal Mantle's low mana clause -- does the game check your max mana or your unreserved mana to determine when you are low on mana? For example, if you reserve yourself below 35% of your max mana will you always be considered to be low mana? Or do you need to fall to 35% of your unreserved mana?
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Im pretty sure if you reserve under 35% of total you will always be considered low mana. Same way low life builds work, they reserve things on hp so you get below 35% of max hp.

That makes sense but definitely puts a damper on plans to use a 60% reserve aura along with clarity.

I'm not being super precise here, but if we want to have 2000 mana available after reserve in order to use MoM, then we'll need about 3400 max mana to use Haste + Clarity.

Even then we'll hit the 35% threshold at around 1200 mana, meaning that we only have a 800 point buffer before we start taking double damage.

I haven't really played with MoM yet, but is this at all realistic?
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info