[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

Hi Guys,

I notice from the few people who posted their gear, no one is rocking Chaos res.

How does that not result in many horrible deaths?

I'm in Cruel, and my -20% Chaos res is a worry, what's going to happen in Merciless, won't those accursed Chaos bombers in the Act 3 sewers melt my life away as I stand there?

IGN: Kulde
Hey Pew
I found this little guy recently, do you reckon it's any good for this build? Worth exalting for a shot at mana regen as a last mod?

Hey there what do you think of running tempest shield and maybe grace? with iron reflexes i want to try it but i don't know how to get more %block chance
Came back to the game and decided to try it out. Its been an absolute blast duoing with a friend. We played as Incinerate and Fireblast up to 77 maps with almost no problems. We had one Bazaar with Vuln/90+ Added Cold/Turbo/Chain that was probably a mistake to run but other than that the build has been great. Im currently debating making it my first character when the new leagues start but the gem requirements worry me.

As for the Chaos damage im sitting at -40% and had no problems with chaos, the leech is enough to take care of it. The only thing thats really scary to go up against is Lightning Thorns, even with 90-92% resist its pretty scary in giant groups.
I would like to chime in because i have been running a variant of this build up to lvl 88 so far. The tree, as well as gearing is substantially different. This build has been very successful in both PvE and PvP.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAuMG6QelCGcJIRZvGDwZhRmKGjIdFB7fHwIhwyLqJKonYSjFKPorDSycLR8tgy2oMZ41kjbFNuk64UGHRKtFnUkbSbJMNU3jT1ZRYFWuVcZWLVfhYeJnvW0Zb55wfXqqfuKCEIIegseDCYXFh2WI8Y9Gj6aQ1pM6lwaa4Juhm7WcLaZXpwiplaxZrH-vt7GQsz-3PrfWuJO7470nvrzB88M6xKLKSs9l0NDYJNo92wvbWd7237DjauZ852PndOjW6-7ub_JF8775Zfno-tL-Cv6P_ro=

Some Highlights

Incinerate tooltip of 3.5k dps

Main 6l -Incinerate, GMP, Faster Casting, Added Chaos, Added Lightning, Added Cold
3.5k life, 3k mana
Chance to block attacks: 68%, 65 spellblock (78/74 with anvil)

This variation focuses on using Cloak of Defiance to save going into the southern part of the tree for MoM. With these extra points I can get block to max (wearing The Anvil) and static blows.
I've found that with high block and the 30% to avoid stun from Heart of Oak passive, Unwavering Stance is not necessary.
Going for block has the benefit of allowing me to use Cybil's Paw and drop lifeleech from my main attack. There is a 20% projectile speed node, which, combined with quality Incinerate, means I can drop faster projectiles.

There has been some discussion about whether or not Incinerate will shock reliably with added lightning because of the 30% damage effectiveness. I believe the recent change to incinerate mechanics has made it viable. With quality Added Lightning and Static Blows it definitely works.

Shock stacks are awesome. Incinerate hits so fast they get applied very easily, and are a huge dps increase for a whole party. Using a Quality added cold gem also freezes enemies. Because of all the elemental status effects this is a perfect build to use The Taming.

In 77-78 maps magic monsters get shock stacked easily, and rares occasionally. I also run tempest shield with elemental proliferation, which is awesome with high block. Packs of ranged monsters are often all shocked before i get to them.

I removed the Cwdt Lightning warp link. While it was great fun and worked well, it killed me a few times in bad map mods. I run instead Cwdt Firestorm + Blind, which is great defense and the fireballs heal me a little via cybil's paw.

Recently I have been gearing this build for IIR, and have a set that I can incrementally put on depending on the difficulty of the map. The wonderful thing about spellblock is that even with horrible resists I can deal with elemental damage decently, so having poor resists is not as big of a problem and I can gear for more iir.

Here is my main set of gear:

I bring

for tough bosses usually.

Here is the IIR gear I've been using, I almost always use 1x andi and Aurseize.
Piety is easily tanked when you force her into her fire form, but what about Dominus? It seems I can survive his Touch of God sometimes if I pop a topaz+granite flask but maybe that's just a lucky block? Do the flasks even work when you pop them after he starts his animation?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Hi pewPew,
i'm lvl 65 now with this build and while i'm having fun with it i have encountered something that frustrated me and no one seems having trouble with seems. Yesterday i tried Piety Mercilles but she totally owned me .... and i mean really owned me. I can't stand 2 seconds against her wen she is in one of here alt. forms. I'm following your tree, just pick up MoM and the EB and just recently 2 lifenotes from the scion circle of life. My stats are the following : DPS 761.7 life 1780 mana around 3600 with 1700 unreserved.
My tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecEBwUtCGcYPBmKGlUajx8CIWAhwyj6Ko0snC0fLYMtqDWSNsU22DboQKBBh0kbTLNWLVfhWK9gS2EhZKNtGW-edO108XgNeqp674IegseDCYTvhTKHZYjxkNaTOpcGl4Wa4Ju1nC2euZ_LpwipbqxZrH-vt7GQtfK3PrfWuJO9J8HzwzrEospK2CTbC9tZ52Pr7uxV8kX22vll-ej7Cf4K

My Gear

Are there any pointers that i missed wich is the reason i can't deal with her ?
I also tried a regular map lvl 66 and while i could complete it there were some moments wich i almost got killed. Any suggestions wich could benefit me are greatly appreciated ;P

How do you sustain your mana and AA without mana leech on Incinerate? If you're low on mana you take double damage from spells.

On Piety I destroy the blue portals so she transforms into her fire form which I can tank np (fire flask if needed). If she still manages to get to a blue portal just hide behind a pillar until that form is over. She always shoots 2x3 volleys before she transforms back.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I am almost certainly missing something here, but what exactly is the point of running Discipline? If my math is correct, level 20 discipline should provide 366 mana which is then increased to 410 by our total of 29% increased aura/buff effects. So with battery, Discipline should be giving us 410 mana. It reserves 60% mana at base, but we shave 15% off of that with reduced mana reserved from our passive tree and 29% off with the reduced mana gem.

If those last two bonuses are multiplicative, the total reduction will be 39.65%. If they are additive it's 44%.

So after those are factored in, discipline should be reserving either 36.21% of our mana or 33.6% of our mana.

The point at which discipline reserves 410 mana at the first rate is 1132 mana and 1220 mana at the second rate.

People in this thread are talking about having overall mana pools of over 3000.

So why would we want to run an aura that gives us 410 mana and then reserves over 1000 mana?

EDIT: I forgot to factor in the 72% extra mana we get from passives, which means discipline should be giving us somewhere around 700 mana. The overall point still stands though.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Last edited by swarmofseals on Jan 20, 2014, 10:19:26 AM
Because mana regen is very important for any MOM + AA build running spells off mana. Maximum mana plays an important part facotoring the mana regen formula. So even though you do not get more mana unreserved, that main point is the large increase of mana regeneration. Mana regeneration and total mana are two variables that scale very well with eachother.

With high enough mana regeneration you could drop mana leech in the gem link and replace with a dps increasing support gem instead. The opposite is also possible, to make use of mana leech and drop discipline for another aura (i.e haste aura for faster cast speed).

Cheers!
Avantor
Last edited by Avantor on Jan 20, 2014, 11:35:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info