[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

"

-74 Gorge map where there was 2 unique bosses i.e Kraityn. I thought that getting Flicker Strike by 2 Kraityn would be detrimental to my mana but having mana leech on i really cant tell how much dmg Kraityn does. The mana just stays at max at all times and i barely took any dmg. I now think that mana leech is NOT needed for this map.

This one is probably my favorite to run right now, since it's a narrow linear path, so I don't have to worry about missing mobs off in branches. Anyway, I've run double boss on this fine at 80 or so (can't remember my stats at the time) with Mana Leech on my Molten Shell/Firestorm CwDT, but not on my Incinerate and had no problems with it. So yeah, mana leech instead of FP is definitely not needed.

And a bit of advice for anyone who finds that they want to use Faster Projectiles instead of Mana Leech (and can't get a 5L/right colors to run both), if you have a few (5-10) Chaos to spare, you might consider picking up a
. I got one as a drop and it really helps in situations where damage is coming in a bit too fast for just my Molten Shell/Firestorm mana leech to compensate for it.
So I caved in and dropped almost 4ex on a 6S/5L Mantle. Near perfect rolls except for the ES but still ridiculous. But the build is so much fun, I thought screw it why hoard the currency. Got the right colors with a stack of chroms too so at least I don't have that headache anymore. Went and cleared Lunaris at lvl 63 at pretty much the same pace as my Marauder who's 10 levels higher. No problems with Kole even. :O

Gonna try MoM and EB now with the 2 spare skill points.

edit: MoM+EB totally worth it. Crazy mana regen even lets you *run* with AA on. Can swap the mana leech gem for another dps support in easy farm areas where you're not taking much damage (like Catacombs).

If any of you wants one of my spare Mantles to mess around with, I'm giving those away for free. Just drop me a line ingame.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Jan 17, 2014, 9:59:42 AM
Finally managed to buy a mantle! RGGBBB with 28% fire and 228% ES for 2c -- and it only took 2 fusings to get the RGGB to link. I just did archive pages a3m on my LA ranger -- I think I'll finish Fairgraves and then start working on the incinerator.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
sirsadi wrote:
Btw at what lvl should anyone start mapping with build ?

I have never done maps, i dont even know which "easy" or "hard".

i have followed this guide for gear, and i am pretty close to achieve a pretty decent gear setup with a 5L Mantle.

Since im completely unexperienced in "mapping", are there any suggestions about lvl / map setup ?

There are a few opinions on when to start mapping, in general, but there is no reason you couldn't try a map or three. I took out Dom at level 63 with this build, and ran some 66-70 maps between 63 and 65. 66 maps are fairly easy, just try them out for yourself. I think I might do some lunaris 2/3 (w/piety) runs today, I might do some library, I might do some more maps, just kind of having fun with the build. I highly recommend you check out the map resource posted on the forums:

Map Management Resource

Best of luck!

Here is my gear for reference, not much has changed:

Last edited by thatdumbguy on Jan 17, 2014, 11:21:57 AM
This may have been covered earlier in the thread but I haven't seen it --

If I can get quality gems, which are particularly nice for this build to have quality?

I did a brief search and it seems to me like the following benefit us most:

Reduced Mana
Incinerate
GMP
Life Leech
Mana Leech
Faster Casting
Immortal Call

and I guess maybe Frost Wall (I've never used it, so I don't know how important the wall length is).

Am I missing anything here?
IGNs

"
swarmofseals wrote:
This may have been covered earlier in the thread but I haven't seen it --

If I can get quality gems, which are particularly nice for this build to have quality?

I did a brief search and it seems to me like the following benefit us most:

Reduced Mana
Incinerate
GMP
Life Leech
Mana Leech
Faster Casting
Immortal Call

and I guess maybe Frost Wall (I've never used it, so I don't know how important the wall length is).

Am I missing anything here?

Quality Reduced Mana does nothing for auras, as it doesn't affect reserved mana.
I personally will prioritize incinerate and life leech, but I have a similar short list to yours.
"
thatdumbguy wrote:

Quality Reduced Mana does nothing for auras, as it doesn't affect reserved mana.

Ooh, good to know.
IGNs

Last edited by swarmofseals on Jan 17, 2014, 9:27:30 PM
WUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUBU
Last edited by Narcosyn on Jan 18, 2014, 12:38:18 AM
I've given away my two spare Mantles to the first takers. HF guys.

Now, if I want to farm Piety/Dominus for a bit before doing harder content and I feel I have enough survivability as it is, which skills offer the best bang for the buck in terms of DPS? The castspeed and spelldamage nodes in the Witch starting area, or the projectile damage ones near Ranger and Scion? Does cast speed affect how fast Incinerate stacks up? Seems 8% damage comes out slightly ahead of 3% cast speed going purely by the tooltip.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Jan 18, 2014, 3:47:57 AM
Reporting in, lvl 82 testing this build!

First let me just say thank you to the OP, great build, one of the most fun builds I have tried. Now onto my question!

Iv tested the difference between using lightnign coil and infernal mantle, reasoning being this:

I frequently got almost killed by those corpse eating projectile attack mobs in high lvl maps (73+). With desynch and lag it started to be a noticeable problem (Im sitting at 3,8k hp, max res, 2k unreserved mana, +20% chaos resists).

What dmg are those corpse spitters doing? I was hoping it was pure chaos and that when I get even more chaos resists the problem will go away, but Im wondering if its physical or physical/chaos split, as that will explain why I die to these sometimes.

If i get a map with alot of these mobs (rares + champions for instance) with farshot, and Im standing still incinerating some other mobs,I can quickly end up dead.

Lightning coil works excellent vs vurnability maps and strong phyiscal hitters, seems to work much better vs those corpse eating mofos, so they probably deal some part of the dmg as physical. Lightnign coil feels safer, as it takes away the only threat that has kileld me so far, but I struggle more on half regen maps because I only have 1,3k mana reserved with lightning coil. Lighting coil also does nothing vs spellcasters/ elemental dmg bosses.

Any suggestions what to do against these corpse eaters? I.e what should I improve to tank them better? Also interesting to hear others experience with these mobs (avian retch types / corpse eating spitters / birdmen) and if someone else also have tested different chests, i.e high ES chest vs lightning coil vs infernal mantle.

Cheers!
Last edited by Avantor on Jan 18, 2014, 7:30:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info