[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

I see what you guys are saying regarding mana regen. Lets theorycraft it, I'm curious what the actual numbers are.

If we go by the OP's gear and skill tree, unless I am missing something I see about 180% bonus mana regen --- 120% from the three nodes that we hit in the passive tree an an additional ~60% from gear. I'm not sure how much total mana he has, but let's figure on 3500 as that is vaguely consistent with what others are posting. About 700 of that comes from Determination, so 2800 mana base, 3500 with Determination up (before reserve).

Base mana regen is 1.75% of max per second. With our 180% bonus that should increase to 4.9% per second. In addition, we get 88.9 mana per second from clarity (level 20, from what I am told the gem does receive bonuses from +%mana regen. This also accounts for the increased aura and buff effect nodes, which I assume are multiplicative with the mana regen)

With a total mana pool of 2800, we receive 226.1 mana per second including clarity.

With a total mana pool of 3500, we receive 260.4 mana per second including clarity.

That's an overall increase of 15.2%.

So, if our goal is to get to 260 mana per second, we'd need to have a total mana regen bonus of 222%

In this example, Discipline is basically giving the equivalent of an item with 42% bonus to mana regen.

Something tells me that would be incredibly easy to replace!

IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Last edited by swarmofseals on Jan 20, 2014, 10:52:33 PM
"
horizon21 wrote:
Say I wanted to use a Lavianga's Spirit flask, is it worth dropping the 240 armor on this belt (and 10 life)

in favor of the 20% increased flask duration on this one

?
The difference is 1 second, so the flask will last 8 secs instead of 7.
Don't swap. I'm running a single Lavianga's Spirit without increased duration and it's more than covering for my lack of mana leech on Incinerate.
@swarmofseals:

The basic formula for calculating Mana Regeneration per second is this:

((Base Mana * 1.05)/60) * (1 + MR from gear + MR from passives)

If you have high mana regen with great awesome stats to boot, then sure go ahead, myself I have not been so lucky as to have a good mana regen with the other desired stats (+hp, +90 all resists total).The more base mana you have, the more impact from +mana regen, but the opposite is also true. The more total + mana regen, the more impact with more mana.

For easy encounter I think decent mana regen is enough, hence its possible to skip the mana leech gem. I find that with high enough mana regen and also using mana leech, i can even do half regen maps, and that is quite nice bonus when doing higher maps as you are burning alchs and chisels then, and if ou cant do half regen mod then you have to burn chaos to reroll the map mod. Imo you can never have enough mana regen!

As others have mentioned, the unqiue flask is also a good way of dealing with half regen maps or lower mana regen. Personally I just love to use as little flasks as possible lol, call me lazy :D

Last edited by Avantor on Jan 21, 2014, 3:44:54 AM

Hello all.

I am a newly returned player (last time was on open Beta), and with my few recources i got this gear set.

Can anyone plz give some feedback on what to aim from here on? Is that gear bad or what? (im so new that i had to google how to link items to forum )

@ Appels you said some pages before that u could do some gear check on me :))

If anyone has any comment plz u are welcome !!

currently lvl 64
I recommend to anyone this FANTASTIC build!!

It is fun; a lot of fun; I mean A LOT!!

@OP. Thank you for the build m8.

As I have 18 respec points, I tried some experimentation to the final tree (I haven’t tried it in maps yet as I build up my resistances- fresh character, low resources).

a)I took Arsonist. Not only the more dmg is more life, but also after 900dps you smoothly BBQ everything.

b) I took Phalanx (together with the 2 nods before that- elemental resistance with shields). I think that this 5% more block is huge difference: with 27% block, every four spells you avoid one, while with 32% you almost avoid one spell in every three.

Do you think that the above idea has a chance to work, in replacing of Elemental Adaptation?

Also, why Armor is priority in gear? I have something like 5% physical dmg reduction. Do we need that? Why not go for pure es which buffs our mana? (I haven’t tested it yet, but with pure es gear we may have such a huge mana poll that we could have one more aura)

Finally, is that Inner Force mandatory? My arctic armor (lvl 17) is -140 physical dmg taken. Am I mistaken to think that this +21% of the 140 doesn’t worth the three skill points?

Thank you for this fantastic Jump’n’Cook build.

PS 1: I noticed that Ignited mobs die A Lot faster. I may try the “chance to ignite” gem when I will have a 5L Mantle.

PS2: I’d like to see, from your experience, the priorities in advancing the quality of the gems.
Last edited by Axiokersos on Jan 21, 2014, 5:37:49 AM
Just want to say: I LIKE IT!

It looks so much fun that I even consider to starting playing on Standard with my ripped Witch to get all the regrets and items to respec to this build.

The dragons begin to speak, yin and yang are commingled
"
Avantor wrote:
@swarmofseals:

The basic formula for calculating Mana Regeneration per second is this:

((Base Mana * 1.05)/60) * (1 + MR from gear + MR from passives)

If you have high mana regen with great awesome stats to boot, then sure go ahead, myself I have not been so lucky as to have a good mana regen with the other desired stats (+hp, +90 all resists total).The more base mana you have, the more impact from +mana regen, but the opposite is also true. The more total + mana regen, the more impact with more mana.

I know what the formula is, and I used that formula to get the numbers that I posted above. The point of that post was to try to answer more precisely how much extra mana regen you need to make up the difference from discipline assuming you have 2800 base mana and 180% mana regen bonus to start.

The answer is that you need one extra 42% mod, which shouldn't be that hard to get.

An addendum though -- if you have 2800 mana and try to run another aura instead of discipline you will end up with around 1600 mana after reservations instead of the ~2100 that you'd have running discipline. This may not be enough max mana, so you may need more mana as well if you want to run a different aura. To be able to run another aura and have it be EXACTLY like it would be if you were running discipline, you'd need an extra 42% mana regen on your gear and an extra 400 base points of mana.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
Though running another aura that enhances your defence you could get away with less unreserved mana because you take less dmg and drain mana bar less than running discipline. For instance if you choose to run a max block build with cloak of defiance and replace discipline with grace, you would take very little dmg.

I think its alot of interesting variations on the build, changing chest pieces, max block variant etc.
"
Virevly wrote:
Hi pewPew,
Yesterday i tried Piety Mercilles but she totally owned me .... and i mean really owned me. I can't stand 2 seconds against her wen she is in one of here alt. forms. I'm following your tree, just pick up MoM and the EB and just recently 2 lifenotes from the scion circle of life. My stats are the following : DPS 761.7 life 1780 mana around 3600 with 1700 unreserved.

Make sure you have max resists. Pop a granite for fire form. An instant life flask for ice shot form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwYKpUCQaXg&feature=youtu.be

I'm personally not a fan of discipline in this build, i find we have enough manareg as it is. I like to run purity of lightning for that extra defense against shocking and lightning thorns. Also it makes it easier to gear since you have to look for one less resist on gear.

I plan on ending the build like this, running haste, purity of lightning and clarity
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecFLQhnDH0QfxQgFm8YPBmKGlUajx8CIWAhwyftKPoqjSycLR8tgy2oNZI2xTbYNug64TwtQKBBh0SrRZ1JG0rITeNQR1WuVcZWLVfhWK9gS2EhZKNtGW6qb5507XTxeA16qnrvgh6Cx4MJhO-FModliPGPRo-mkNaTOpcGl4Wa4Ju1nC2euZ_LplenCKcwqW6sWax_r7exkLXytz631riTvSfB88M6xKLE9saexq7KSs9l0NDYJNsL21nnY-vu7FXyRfPd9tr5Zfno-wn-Cv6PHRT60hcvhtEksICkNunjaqKjf8YRlnC72RMvbw==

Speccing out of Diamond skin and Sentinel if I get good enough resists on gear to save 3 points, that I'd either spend to reach nimbleness, or the aura effect node over harrier
What do you guys think about Vaal Pact? I was more tanky against dominus. But overall really not useful keystone in this build.

Current.gear
Last edited by Taurgarr on Jan 21, 2014, 5:05:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info