[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

Thanks for the guide! I'm level 71 and I'm starting to run maps more efficiently. I was recently running corrupted fragments to see if I can test my luck for a midnight and I was flying through the zones I was previously afraid to do. (I got a midnight 5 maps in which took all of maybe 15 or 20 minutes to run)
I'm still learning how to correctly position myself and I find myself still trying to run into fights blindly but all in all it's a fun experience.

My Gear
Spoiler

Life: 3017
Mana: 3491 (2526 effective)
Mana Regen: 234.4
Resists- Fire 73 Cold 79 Lightning 79

After I get my apep's I'll look at evaluating my jewelry. Definitely not perfect gear but I've spent perhaps 8 or 9 chaos (outside of linking my items). ^^ Lots of fun!

Here's to hoping I get that fire resist capped, but due to arctic armor I'm not TOO worried about it being 73.
Very nice guide, my incinerator is now my highest character at 84

I made a few changes in the higher level to push the damage up thanks to a higher currency flow

Managed to get a 6S/5L mantle, wich was very nice with the added chaos damage at first
My 5L was at this point : Incinerate/SpellEcho/GreaterMultProjectiles/LifeLeech/AddedChaos

Next thing I bought was an apep's rage, which increased my DPS by 40%

After that, I used a few regrets to unspec the top fire wheel and get myself projectile and spell damage, I lost about 5-10% fire damage but gained a lot more chaos damage back.

My New Tree

With apep's rage and saffel's I had about 3k DPS with GMP

Next, I got another apep's rage, dual wielding them made me a fair bit squishier, and exploded the mana cost so I also bought a fire doryani's invitation, and replaced my life leech for a mana leech, this also fixed one of my problems until now : Bossed often took me low on mana, and then promptly destroyed me with spell damage. My life sustain was a lot lower however.

Finally, the latest change I made was to completely replace the Lightning Warp CwDT sockets, I didn't need either flammability(With 2 apep's and the fire wheel gone, only about 30% of my damage was actually fire damage) or lightning warp(It got me killed quite a few times, and with the cast speed of the 2 apep's plus spell echo, I went to 3 stacks very quicly anyway).

So I put a Curse on Hit Arc with warlord's mark there, warlord's mark giving both mana leech and life leech, my life sustain went back to very acceptable levels, it also allowed me to swap out mana leech on my 5L and put faster projectiles in there.

So now, I've got about 4.2k dps with gmp, and 6k (!)dps with lmp, which is very nice.

If you want to get a look at my gear
Spoiler

Hey guys !

Using this build also, now got to level 82 and finaly could buy Saffell's and Mantle, wich greatly improved my overall dps. Now i'm looking to improve other pieces, getting quality gem, still long way to go, only have around 2.2k tooltip dps ><

Anyway i was wondering, OP didn't mentionned Atziri run yet, any of you guys using this build have run it ? Do you have video or advice you could give to help have a smooth run ? (like how many life/mana pool you would recommend ? How much tooltip dps ? Flask ? Change of gems configuration for bosses ?)

Thx for reading me !
Quick question: how feasible would it be to run this build with a staff? Because I'm not really a fan of the sword-and-board spellcasting animations, and so if a staff build would be feasible, that'd be awesome.

And if it is feasible with a staff, which staff would be recommended? I'm assuming it'd probably have to be a specially-crafted Rare, but some confirmation'd be nice.
I'm not sure if that would be really effective, you'll have 2 potentiel 6L and might have trouble having everything linked the way you want, but there is a kinda new unique that in my opinion could be quite great with this build the : The Searing Touch Long Staff
Searing Touch? That's really not particularly new... I tried it out for a while, and while it did increase my DPS I ran out of mana and died a lot faster too.

Hmm. With the Forsaken Masters update, is it possible to get a staff with ES/HP? Because that might actually work, now that I think about it.
Even while keeping mana leech you still end up loosing all mp ? That's weird :o

Anyway removing the shield will always reduce your survivability i think, at least with this build.

Also i'm concidering using an other version of incinerate build going full block/spell block, which seems quite great too and less stressfull regarding survivabitlity

Oh and nobody with Atziri experience with this build yet ? :(
Last edited by Aghamyr on Oct 1, 2014, 10:03:42 AM
Clarity no longer helped as much because I lost the ES (i.e. Mana thanks to EB) of my Spirit Shield, and I suspect that the two extra Incinerate levels on the Searing Touch might've increased the mana cost to the point where Leech couldn't keep up.

But still. It should be possible to craft a decent defensive staff somehow. I mean, what I really want from it are resists, ES/mana and health. Actually. Can those even be found on staves?
So has anyone killed atziri without dying yet or what...
I poked around the thread and didn't see any discussion of Vaal Pact. When I noticed the build passes right next to the keystone, I was curious and I've run a little math on the matter. With Life Leech level 18 (pretty reasonable for endgame), you have 8.2% leech on Incinerate including any added damage (Apep's, Herald of Ice, Added Chaos etc etc), which drops to 3.28% with VP. Now, with leech mechanics operating in the 1.2.0 fashion, I wonder exactly how much leech you stand to gain for a single point.

From the wiki:
"
Separate applications of life leech do not stack cumulatively. Each life leech effect remains present on the character until it runs its course, but only one with the highest recovery rate will actually restore life at any given moment.

Now, I have to know if anyone's done testing specifically regarding Incinerate. Since it casts so quickly, and creates multiple projectiles, how exactly does the LL stack up? I see a few possible scenarios.

1) Each hit from each projectile from each individual cast has one instance of leech, discounting Spell Echo. This would result in incredibly low leech, and does not seem likely.
2) Each hit from each cast combines the leech from the 3-5 projectiles, discounting Spell Echo. This seems possible and results in a moderate leech level.
3) Each hit from each cast combines the leech from the 3-5 projectiles, adding the Spell Echo cast to the same leech instance. This is probably and results in higher leech than 2.
4) The full total damage from each cast combines the leech from the 3-5 projectiles, discounting Spell Echo. This would include all hits dealt to each individual enemy, resulting in much higher leech on big packs than 2 or 3, but similar total leech on a single target to 2.
5) The full total damage from each cast combines the leech from the 3-5 projectiles, adding the Spell Echo cast to the same leech instance. This is exactly how it would work with Vaal Pact, since there would be zero overlap in leech instances as they would finish instantly. This is the ideal mechanic, producing more life per cast than 1-4.

If the mechanics of the spell are anything besides 5, then Vaal Pact would instantly get a big edge over the baseline. Assuming that 5 -does- apply to the spell as-is, there is still the question of hitting leech rate cap of 20% life/second in a single cast, since the spell casts around 4 times per second with passives (excluding spell echo casts since our calculations have that covered.) So if 8.2% of your total incinerate damage per cast is equal to roughly 5% of your life, you could see a potential leech gain from speccing VP.

I ignored the other downside of VP, since the build only gets 1% life per second from the tree on a node we want anyway for other reasons, but it might be worth factoring in that tiny amount of regen for maximum efficiency.

Thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info