[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

"
Varthorne wrote:
That's definitely weird, none of the Rogue Exiles give me any trouble, and I'm not even using Saffell's. I use a 1500 AR shield that I found.

COme back and comment when you get almost globalled by her. I don't recall what the map mods were but she was absolutely deadly.
Linking your terribad shield in response is kinda insulting to me. But you might not have meant it that way.

She melted me down to 1/3 or 1/4 health and mana, I went oh shit, swallowed a fla....and died.. Absolutely melted me. No time to react.
Second time was closer and I got her down to 5% but died again. health and mana melt. Third time I finished her off.

I'm going back to max spell block. And Infernal Mantle can suck an egg.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 14, 2014, 5:23:53 PM
Currently level 78, build is good. 10/10 would reccomend.

Alternated the passive tree a little due to lack of 5link and mana leech, using atziri's foible due to the same reason.

Also using Doryani's Invitation and Atziri's Promise, seem to work out pretty well.

Incinerate tool-tip DPS is 2045.

3095 life, 2263 unreserved mana.

Not running curse due to lack of 4-link but a buddy of mine uses flammability, so that's fun.

Although it's working out fine for now, I'm concerned about the viability of this build beyond level 85ish, because focusing down single targets is very tricky and at times slow, especially if I'm auto-warping away from the focustarget and can't burn it down in pointblank range - I might level up a LMP to have easier damage available.
Last edited by Battlecruiser on Sep 14, 2014, 7:12:43 PM
"
"
Varthorne wrote:
That's definitely weird, none of the Rogue Exiles give me any trouble, and I'm not even using Saffell's. I use a 1500 AR shield that I found.

COme back and comment when you get almost globalled by her. I don't recall what the map mods were but she was absolutely deadly.
Linking your terribad shield in response is kinda insulting to me. But you might not have meant it that way.

She melted me down to 1/3 or 1/4 health and mana, I went oh shit, swallowed a fla....and died.. Absolutely melted me. No time to react.
Second time was closer and I got her down to 5% but died again. health and mana melt. Third time I finished her off.

I'm going back to max spell block. And Infernal Mantle can suck an egg.

I think you need to calm down. It was not meant to be insulting, although after reading this comment, I think it should have been.

I can assure you that I've yet to be killed by any of the Rogue exiles with this build. I've been near-insta-killed by several bosses, but none of the Rogues have managed it yet, and I know for a fact that I have gone up against Igna a few times.

And if you're bringing map mods into this discussion, then there's a good chance you rolled a map with addded damage, or some other mods that should have warranted more caution.
Last edited by Varthorne on Sep 15, 2014, 1:42:26 AM
"
vasimre4242 wrote:

right now i'm 81. have about 2k tooltip dps on incenrate, 3.5k life 2.3k mana after auras.

how could i improve my dps though?

Your Incinerate is only level 16 and your GMP is 14. Level those gems up. Quality on G/LMP gives a useful boost to cast speed too.
Hi, for this build, we have to take armor or evasion in addition to ES ????
I've been playing an iteration of this build on Beyond on a Templar without even knowing it (I discovered this post 3 days ago :x) and I should say, it's really awesome and great fun ; but let me show you what mine is gonna look like late (currently lvl 79, 3957 HP, 878 Mana unreserved) since it'll be - I think - tankier (but deal a little bit less DPS) :

Current Skill Tree

Supposed Skill Tree at 100

My gear (won't change, I don't think so, I could go with a better belt and better accessories, but it's gonna be hard to find any switch for them) :

Spoiler

I use the mana flask only for 50% regen maps since I don't have the colors for Mana Leech on the armor, but the Item Rarity is way too good when I farm low level maps (lvl 66 to 69 maps) or for Piety runs and I prefer the deeps that Added Chaos Damage provides making it so that I deal more Chaos Damage than Fire damage with Incinerate.

Tooltip with this config is 1514.7 DPS.
With Added Chaos Damage, it goes up to 1983.9 DPS DPS (with Faster Casting, it goes up to 1929 DPS).

The big plus I think in my "vision" of the build is IR which gives me 4679 Armor with Grace up (I'll get around 5K Armor once I respect into Sentinel in 2 levels) and the block nodes that are going to help mitigate heavy hitters and provide a little more armor too (I should get around 6K armor with Grace up end game).

The build isn't what I would call "cheap" in Hardcore leagues (Apep's Rage goes for 2ex, I paid my 5L 6S Infernal Mantle 2.5ex and I found the rest, except for Saffell's, but Saffeel's is dirt cheap now) but it's really not as expensive as many other builds out there that can tackle end game.

My only issue with the build right now is the somehow "low" HP pool for HC due to having 2 pieces of gear being uniques withtout any life (shield and armor) on them and having to settle for master Life enchants on a couple of pieces but nothing that can't be manage with better gear really.

The build is fun, fast paced, responsive, hard on your computer (ah ha!) and really enjoyable, I would recommend it for anybody !
"
Norky wrote:
"
vasimre4242 wrote:

right now i'm 81. have about 2k tooltip dps on incenrate, 3.5k life 2.3k mana after auras.

how could i improve my dps though?

Your Incinerate is only level 16 and your GMP is 14. Level those gems up. Quality on G/LMP gives a useful boost to cast speed too.

Thank you.
should i put points on the tree into getting some dex?
i do not have enough dex to level up GMP.
If you need it, yes, get it, it's well worth the point but try to only go for the +30 DEX ones.
I have to say thanks for the build log to the OP.

I started this build sometime ago and got to level 78 with it. But with a combination of bad gear, bad choices and other issues I gave up on. Later took a long break from POE.

I came back after this latest patch and played around with stuff. Saw this updated thread and gave it another shot.

I respec'd a witch I had that was a shot gun fireball build. Got my gear and gems back in order, tho they are far from perfect atm tho. Spell Echo made a huge difference and I need to continue leveling up that gem. I did not have Spell Echo before.

I had completed everything up to the finial Dom fight on Cruel.

I decided to level up to 79 while I got the hang of the build again and this time left CoDT Lightening Warp installed. I took it out before... mistake.

So I was finally ready right after I leveled 79 to give Dom a shot. He went down very easy with no deaths, was my first time on Cruel to kill him. Yeah ! :)

I have a lot of work to do on this build still, getting my gear colored right so I can run everything the correct way. Also my resistances are in sad shape so I need to regear some items to fix that.

Thanks again man for the nice build log ! :)

Just a general question here... if you have more than one CoDT which one goes off when you do take damage ? or do all go off ?
Seems like there might be a order to that, not sure really as I am not an expert on these things.

Thanks
Love this build, been using it for a while now, though I have one question.

Wouldn't it make more sense to place Cast When Damage Taken/Frost Wall/Enduring Cry into the shield and 4 linking the helmet so that Arctic Armour would be connected to Reduced Mana?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info