Finding Names for your Characters - List of Resources

Newest link: Encyclopedia Mythica Folklore and characters from all over the world. :-)
Another name rich area is Native American names. Sitting_Bull, Geronimo, Crazy_Horse and the like.

Many of their names have meanings that would work very in a setting like PoE.
There are already a few links up there, e.g. Inca and Maya names (going with the "lost cultures" theme, and I could have sworn I had Aztec ones, too o.O) and Inuit ones in the "Elemental" section.
So yeah, if you have specific links feel free to let me know and I take a look :-)
I did a quick Google on my phone (currently at work) and most are baby name sites, but even those should be a help. Especially the ones that explain the meaning of the name.

Famous chiefs too. Saw one called Dull Knife. Kinda like that one. But I'm busy leveling my latest, The_Goatinator.
"
Alysma wrote:
Newest link: Encyclopedia Mythica Folklore and characters from all over the world. :-)

Nice! Too bad it looks like the site's not been updated in a long time. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
[HyPe] Less than 48 hrs to go until The Awakening so here are four more links for you to play around with:

Names from various Religions and Mythologies
Indian Mythology/Hindu Names
Native American Names (thanks to MoonYu for the suggestion)
Native American Names and Meanings
[/HyPe]

:-D
I haven't checked other people's suggestions. Has anyone mentioned poems yet? Lines from poems can make good names. If you want to keep with the dark theme there are plenty of those too.
For a large portion of the playerbase, they might also find this useful (going by half the names I see ingame):

List of Penis Euphemisms

EDIT: Removed link after sound advice below :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jul 9, 2015, 3:08:21 AM
"
harddaysnight wrote:
I haven't checked other people's suggestions. Has anyone mentioned poems yet? Lines from poems can make good names. If you want to keep with the dark theme there are plenty of those too.

Like "Wraeclast" :D. There is one link for Characters in Epic Poems so if you have more / any specific links to share, let me know. :-)

"
For a large portion of the playerbase, they might also find this useful (going by half the names I see ingame):

List of Penis Euphemisms

While I do have the feeling that most of those would be already taken, anyway, for the purpose of this list I'd try and stick to names that won't get you insta-muted the second you hit chat :-D
"
Alysma wrote:
"
harddaysnight wrote:

Like "Wraeclast" :D. There is one link for Characters in Epic Poems so if you have more / any specific links to share, let me know. :-)

"

List of Penis Euphemisms

While I do have the feeling that most of those would be already taken, anyway, for the purpose of this list I'd try and stick to names that won't get you insta-muted the second you hit chat :-D

Or at least find a name in a language not immediately recognizable by the Mods:

http://www.youswear.com/index.asp?word=PENIS#.VZ7gZPmkiYk

=~[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info