Finding Names for your Characters - List of Resources

It's been 2 days I still couldn't find a proper name :D I just typed random shit, gonna change it in the future I suppose.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
wow, this list got HUGE since I saw it last time :)

Unfortunately, I tend to get sucked into the internets while reading, so I'll probably have a good time with those names but don't play poe. Ah well, worse things happen...

Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Learn to use the underscore.

Currently running to characters, Two_Dogs_Humping (a punchline to an old joke) and Moons_Spawn (another joke made by a friend of mine)

But in the past (possibly available) I have used Tank_Girl, Secret_Agentman, and a personal favorite, Grandfather_Moon.

When I discuss the character with someone, I don't pronounce the underscore. Nobody does.

And use more than one. Also have I_NO_YU. Many here will get that joke.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Learn to use the underscore.

Currently running to characters, Two_Dogs_Humping (a punchline to an old joke) and Moons_Spawn (another joke made by a friend of mine)

But in the past (possibly available) I have used Tank_Girl, Secret_Agentman, and a personal favorite, Grandfather_Moon.

When I discuss the character with someone, I don't pronounce the underscore. Nobody does.

And use more than one. Also have I_NO_YU. Many here will get that joke.

I_NO_YU_TOO :P

Thats really good advice, underscore before and after a name works too and if that fails, using some other letter that doesnt make the name look weird before and after it.
I'm a big fan of using this random noun generator: http://www.desiquintans.com/noungenerator.php

It creates some great names, such as SideboardSusan, BuffetHammer and CloakroomQuiver...

Just thought I'd share.
"
OresanFells wrote:
I'm a big fan of using this random noun generator: http://www.desiquintans.com/noungenerator.php

Added to the list :-)
Newest addition:
Characters in Epic Poems

In other news, this thread is now linked in the "Consolidated Information & Advice" sticky - thanks a lot Bex & Michael :-)
"
Alysma wrote:
Newest addition:
Characters in Epic Poems

In other news, this thread is now linked in the "Consolidated Information & Advice" sticky - thanks a lot Bex & Michael :-)

Aw, thats so cool, i just checked, congrats. :)

Have some more cookies, keep up the good work, we make a dev out of you yet.^^
"
Alysma wrote:
Newest addition:
Characters in Epic Poems

Doesn't mean this actual thread won't warrant the occasional, timely bump. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
More cookies are always welcome as is the occasional bump :-D

Anyway, update time: List of Sumerian Kings - pretty much the oldest names in history we know of. :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info