Oro's Sacrifice builds?

"
Electrospine wrote:
"
For instance, you have 3 monsters, A B and C who are standing together.
Throw a fire trap which ignites/crits, that has Elemental Proliferation linked, hitting A B and C with the initial blast.
All 3 monsters are now burning.
A takes damage from it's own burn, but also the burn damage from B and C if it's in proliferation range. Same for B and C.

Sorry, It doesnt work like that. They will all burn from the highest burn available to be proliferated. In no way Elem Prolif can enable a target to burn from multiple ignites at a time. The damage is not proliferated, the elemental effect, in this instance burning, is proliferated. It would be reeeeealy OP on large packs.

Sorry, it does work like that. I even gave evidence that I use the setup as described. I even provided 2 video links. One of them even demonstrating how "reeeeeealy OP" it is.

You've obviously never played a fire damage build nor seen one.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Dec 16, 2013, 1:14:18 PM
All I saw in your vid was how OP burning is. You have a misconception of how Elemental proliferation works.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning

There, read and learn how your OP build works. Funny how a guy who doesnt have a burning build can teach someone who does.
Last edited by Electrospine on Dec 16, 2013, 1:27:02 PM
Managed to come up with this:

110 points
-250% hp
-70% increased evasion (passives, not from dex) + 28% increased armor
-36% reduced mana reservation (60% becomes 27%/40% becomes 18% with L20 reduced mana)
-46% increased effects of auras, 3% increased effects of buffs (L20 grace becomes 3003 evasion, lvl 20 anger becomes 140-232, etc)
-245% increased crit chance
-50% increased crit multiplier (150*1.5=225% without counting a good amulet)
-1 extra power charge (can be dropped if you don't plan to use a power charge on crit gem)
-45% increased damage over time (burn counts)
-Only 40% increased WED (you have to depend on crits and weapon ele dmg from rings)
-You can get 24% more increased WED at the ranger side.

With the reduced mana reservation passives you can use up to 2 60% auras and 1-2 40% aura (or just use 3 60% ones). So something like grace, anger, purity of fire + clarity can be done. With a decent ES chest you can easily get enough mana for that (can fit in vitality/another purity aura).

Rings will need to have weapon elemental + mana regen + life, plus whatever resists.
Preferably have crit multi, life, weapon elemental, mana regen on amulet.

Also to note, even with 245% increased crit chance you will only have about 17.25% crit chance, whereas with 5 power charges (1 passive + 1 bandit) you can hit 29.75% crit chance.

Something like ST-LMP-Fire Pen-WED-PCoC for aoe (could be heavy strike-splash-prolif too).
Heavy strike-Fire Pen-WED-Crit damage/increased accuracy-Faster Attacks for single target.
Last edited by Zealflare on Dec 16, 2013, 2:00:06 PM
"
"
Electrospine wrote:
"
For instance, you have 3 monsters, A B and C who are standing together.
Throw a fire trap which ignites/crits, that has Elemental Proliferation linked, hitting A B and C with the initial blast.
All 3 monsters are now burning.
A takes damage from it's own burn, but also the burn damage from B and C if it's in proliferation range. Same for B and C.

Sorry, It doesnt work like that. They will all burn from the highest burn available to be proliferated. In no way Elem Prolif can enable a target to burn from multiple ignites at a time. The damage is not proliferated, the elemental effect, in this instance burning, is proliferated. It would be reeeeealy OP on large packs.

Sorry, it does work like that. I even gave evidence that I use the setup as described. I even provided 2 video links. One of them even demonstrating how "reeeeeealy OP" it is.

You've obviously never played a fire damage build nor seen one.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite

QUOTE:"Separate applications of ignite do not stack cumulatively. Each ignite effect remains present on the target until it runs its course, but only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment.[1] For example, assume an enemy is inflicted with ignite for 100 damage per second, then after 2 seconds it is inflicted with ignite for 50 damage per second. The outcome will be 400 damage over 4 seconds followed by 100 damage over 2 seconds."
Thank you splift, a much clearer answer than mine, and I actually learned someting! :)
SmellyBadgers Fire Sword Build :D

Still some points left (i have many nearby strong mana nodes, or i could go to marauder or scion for more life, or top for aura or more fire dam) But I pref to see how build will work out with the gear I get and modifying build accordingly.

For attacks im thinking either
Spectral Throw + LMP/GMP + Fire Pen + WED + likely mana leech + ?
or
Frenzy + blood magic + life leech + fire pen + WED + melee splash

What u think about the build?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAr-sB0aJA9PihIsSi037vevzF3Q1br04qtkFaGkMxG8heE4TvYSES4RpVZKM26AHnpzCezXbnFHFBqt-_JbyXBi2DGYr7CfbaGo_46_cycqmsqlnzwBpmnvrSFy-ApFXWZOfsOFfid-UyiQSz8B-iABQgUEefyyTh-0UW-Yg4nYqbjaLq704otSo4dO1AoJ65CC7tgxmOAF4pT4V9gpsppe4OVvoj9u_wWkhnoId2Sn0WQDrYLdIdFI9G0NDPZVXGm6Fnve5vkFU26eNq

A lot of the builds people are posting are in danger of one-shotting themselves as soon as they hit a pack of elemental reflect. Dealing with reflect with this sword is a huge problem.

I've attempted to run a very unique build based around oro's + infernal mantle + taming ring. Keystones are blood magic, iron reflexes, unwavering stance, and vaal pact.

Wrath + Grace Auras

Power Charge on Crit + Increased Crit Strikes + Spec Throw + LMP + Weapon Elemental + Life Leech
Reduced Mana + Wrath + Grace
Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 1) + Enfeeble + Decoy Totem + Enduring Cry
Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 16) + Immortal Call + Cold Snap + Decoy Totem + Molten Shell
Faster Casting + Elemental Weakness + Temporal Chains + Enduring Cry

The idea of the build is to stack shock (25% chance) + the one charge of burning (25% chance) with taming ring for huge damage. The lightning damage mainly comes from items and Wrath Aura.

Armour is good because with blood magic 100% increased spell damage taken on low mana is ignored because 0/0 mana is not considered low mana. Basically the armor is used for 3 mods: 35% increased fire damage, 100% crit strike, 25% fire damage converted to chaos. The fire damage converted to chaos is immensely helpful as you essentially only have to deal with 75% reflect damage.

Here's my version:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EBwUtCC4RlhUgFVAXLxjbGYUZjho4GmwfAiFgJDwkqiepKPoqTSzpLR8vbzWSNsU22DbpPydAoEGHRZ1JUUp9SshMs1XWV-JabVuvYEtk52aeZ6BsFm0Zbqpwu3TtdPF35Xqqeu9_xoCkgh6Cx4PbhTKHdogbiPGQVZrgm42drp65oqOnCKdcp4SsWa-ntfK3PriTwBrB885x037YJNkT2wvdDeNq52Pr7uw47FXtg-9674X2o_no-tL8S_zF_go=

Basically, I try to maximize my survivability by using Mind over Matter and Arctic Armour. For AA I need to get Eldritch Battery and some mana regen. 20% increased physical and fire damage is NO joke.

After that, I basically try and get the most out of auras, life, and elemental damage.

The build above is for a lvl 79 build.

The full build flushed out is below:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EBwUtCC4MfRB_EZYVIBVQFy8Y2xmFGY4aOBpsHwIhYCQ8JKoksCepKPoqTSqNLOktHy9vMok1kjbFNtg26T8nQKBBh0WdSVFKfUrITLNV1lfiWm1br2BLZOdmnmegbBZtGW6qcLt07XTxd-V6qnrvf8aApIIegseD24UyhtGHdogbiPGQVZeFmuCbjZ2unrmio6cIp1ynhKxZr6e18rc-uJPAGsHzxp7OcdN-2CTZE9sL3Q3jaudj6-7sOOxV7YPveu-F9qP56PrS_Ev8xf4K
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Anyone want to share their experiences with this?
???

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info