Oro's Sacrifice builds?

"
valhaal wrote:

Did i missed something?

You missed the fact that using this sword makes you extremely vulnerable (even more with chest like Volls) to most damage taken. Also it doesn't scale with physical damage (Double Strike, Multistrike, Melee Splash) so your damage is pretty meh outside those CoC discharges. Also 5% base crit chance makes it a bit lackluster for stacking critical.

Not saying it wouldn't work, maybe it will. Go for it!

Personally I found this sword pretty "meh".
"
Grughal wrote:
"
valhaal wrote:

Did i missed something?

You missed the fact that using this sword makes you extremely vulnerable (even more with chest like Volls) to most damage taken. Also it doesn't scale with physical damage (Double Strike, Multistrike, Melee Splash) so your damage is pretty meh outside those CoC discharges. Also 5% base crit chance makes it a bit lackluster for stacking critical.

Not saying it wouldn't work, maybe it will. Go for it!

Personally I found this sword pretty "meh".

Well, i can come up with a build that will push crit chance around 50% without power charges.
Considering the fact that power charges will be sustained quite well due to discharge's own high critical chance (voll's will generate charges from it as well) we can get a pretty decent combo.
The physical damage is not nessecery since i will rely solely on CoC.
as for the squishness - this is another matter. I will try to do something about it. Maybe run discipline and go CI. Will allow blood rage as well..
I will definetly go for it though, seems very interesting.
ING: Valhaal
I was thinking something along the lines of a cast on crit fire based spell so you scale off both the attack and the spell. My build right now is at but I'm sure there are some glaring errors. Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

My skill gem plan is something along the lines of
cyclone
coc
firestorm
lgoh
power charge on crit (if you don't have voll's)

I plan to run this build with a party so that's what the conduit is for, and If i ever get rich enough, I might convert this into a coc discharge(of course swapping the weapon out)
( -(oo)-")
i think going for a elemental equilibrium build with only frenzy and power charges would be much better. like this you can go vaal pact since the damage from the discharge will be so high that the reduced life leech wont make much of a difference this way you wont get much of a problem with ele reflect since you are instantly full on every discharge and also discharge doesnt do fire damage for the squishines this sword provides why not use a devouring totem with faster casting for max life leech the 50 mana leech will also help when using a volls protector now you just have to stack maximum life to dont get onehitted by elemental reflect

i would link cyclone + coc + discharge + ele prof + increased critical strike + life leech

i came up with something like this
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAsZAtqNtZt9aDCbQMRnGKr5ARguS-vErIKjipbrXybqqI8TWS_gqmV03j_o864fJFmK0o-jyO6rpXyaw_HpTcV5MnWm0nqX_GHNxJUadcJDz8q52jEZZe-tadYqydqg5IcNXAUeOEcFLz6l3ypJF-M4w2E55jQwzypcs2PYhrhxkEfjpYFfD5Y73mPs9RR42_BbWNfap_qrjVAOdUJP0mlVVLbXu1SEWdmuB6quvuFm9Vxs9l0NCPRqcIuJNmT7I4gUn79bQ45Rned9VP7g4a21pI7_Aj9imlTipbr90N_MVW-kp9h3ZnoBfY0Dk=

You actually get to 600% crit chance without power charges on cyclone same goes for discharge all you would need to get is 1 or 2 items with decent accuracy

but well overall Terminus Est is a far better weapon chioce for this build so cyclone coc discharge doesnt work with this
Last edited by k0rik4 on Jun 26, 2014, 1:11:06 PM
"
imho the sword is only good for flicker strike.

i made a build using CwDT(17)-Discharge/CwDT(4)-Enduring Cry/cyclone that worked fine. cyclone makes you immune to stun and works with life on hit, allowing you to play with hp as your primary defense(... making discharge occur often which leeches life back...)

even if this character was improved significantly, there's no way you'll get anywhere close to what a physical build can do later on (while not surpassing it with bad gear either).

Carnage Heart and Bringer of Rain

If you can get your hands on those two, oro's sacrifice will be outclassed by any ~400-450 dps 2h weapon in both offense and defense no matter which abilities you use, since the usefulness of both fast frenzy charge generation and high ignition rate are quite limited...

Since CH/BoR are fairly affordable AND have the same disadvantages(lower hp is similar to receiving more fire/physical damage) AND remove the need for a 6L - there's really very little other than spamming flicker strike left. I like the sword but it's just not powerful enough.

What about spectral throw shadow with all the chaos damage possibilities stacked on the fire?
Guys please dont waste your time on this sword, yes its possible to have infinite flicker but the damage is so laughable its pointless.

I've posted in almost every Oro's thread about my findings, I've ran multiple toons with the different oro builds and its not viable AT ALL. The increased damage taken both for fire and phys coupled with the low dps far outweighs the infinite flicker ability, even with 28k armor, max res AND both MoM & AA, I still took massive damage from mobs.

Basically you cant get hit with this toon, because you try to spec into elemental damage and its spread all around you miss out on alot of HP nodes, the more you try to maximize damage the more fragile you get.

Most mobs have elemental res. Blues and Rares commonly have curse immune so you might get EE and use ice nova to get the -50 fire res but thats it, even running with fire pen, the damage is still low, for burn builds, fire pen doesnt affect it.

I STILL CREATE a TOON for the build every league and end up with the same results. No matter how much high end gear you put into the build it still does poorly, even with the BEST Oro's Sword from last league the damage was laughable.

But.... go ahead and try.

an older ORO's discussion

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856885/page/6
Last edited by visualize on Aug 17, 2014, 3:25:22 PM
I know this is a fairly old thread but I didn't want to make a new one because there seems to be a lot of negative feedback about this sword (which I know is justified but over-stated). Especially since the recent buff it received in patch 1.3 with only 10% phys/fire damage taken rather than the original 20%. Though I don't think this could ever be a hardcore build, it's very fun for softcore and I can solo many high end maps. Reflect is negligible if you use Purity of fire and Doryani's fire belt and even without purity I still have almost no problem.

I use an infinite-flicker build with 2x 5L Oro's sword; one for single-target and one with melee splash. I run Resolute technique for 3 reasons:
1) Never missing gives more chances to burn since the ignite chance is already very high with no need for crit.
2) Crit chance on the sword is too low to invest points in trying to scale it up with passives to compete with higher crit alternative gear.
3) Cuts down significantly on Desync with fast teleport-like skills like Flicker since Accuracy and evasion contribute to desync (per several other threads describing desync).

So I basically use Resolute as well as Unwavering stance so that I can't miss and can't be stunned as I flicker through mobs.

I stack as much speed and fire damage nodes as possible. With the new Templar tree (I did do this build as a templar), I utilized Witch and Marauder for the life regen as well as fire passives. I used to run blood dance for nearly 400 HP regen without auras but eventually switched to a +1 frenzy corrupted Gang's momentum boots (more ignite chance and 15% more damage to ignited targets). Plus with the new passive at the end of the templar tree for another 25% more damage to ignited/shocked/chilled enemies for a total of 40% more damage to ignited enemies.

Wtih about 4.7k HP and over 200 HP regen I actually do pretty well. I use Granite/Ruby flask and Atziri's promise for extra dps/leech (not optimal but fun). I use the 3 heralds for chances at also shocking/freezing and more ele damage scaling. I have a Curse On Hit with my herald of thunder and apply Warlord's mark for extra mana/health leech and endurance charges for more insurance against the damage from oro's sword. I also have a CWDT linked with Warlord's mark, Immortal Call/Enduring Cry...pretty standard.

My flicker (Single-target) is linked with Multistrike (No quality of course), Faster attacks (20Q), Weapon Ele damage (20Q) and Increased burn damage (20Q). Will have fire pen when I get 6L. This puts me over 60% chance to ignite per hit. Multi-strike guarantees 3 chances to ignite per 1 cast.

If I calculated my DPS right going from memory I have about 4600 average hit from flicker and 8.5 hits per second with flicker and 4 frenzy charges (Which I always seem to sustain). Combined with the 40% increased damage with Gang's momentum and Templar passive as well as 50% more damage received by shocked enemies (10% chance to shock per hit at 8.5 hits per second), my DPS seems to spike up to 90k and averaging around 50-60k without shock. This doesn't take in to account whatever DPS Burn contributes which I have no idea how it's calculated.

It's a very fun build and I'm always tweaking it. I'm hoping to get it in to the 90s so that I can get a better health pool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info