Stuck at checking resources

Ok, uh... Usually a Topic explains the thread...

That being said.

I am stuck at Checking Resources.
just restart the app :)
I had the same problem. I closed the installer, diabled my Antivirus and restarted the installer and it worked.
[Blessed by Support]
hello,i have a trouble with client ,checking resources never ends..i am sitting in front of my pc and waiting it nearly 40 minutes
You can try 2 things open as admin and add to exceptions in your firewall/antivirus program
yup, just close and run as administrator. works for me. thanks.
Hello.
im also having the same problem with checking resources, but instead i keep getting "Disconnected from patching server before patching completed. Try again"
there is no problem with my internet. is there a fix for this?
"
RadioNo_1 wrote:
Hello.
im also having the same problem with checking resources, but instead i keep getting "Disconnected from patching server before patching completed. Try again"
there is no problem with my internet. is there a fix for this?

1) Don't bump an old/dead thread. Instead, create your own thread. Threads here are a lot like "Support tickets". We like for people to create their own and help them individually unless asked to do so by support staff for collecting data for latency or server issues.

2) Patching servers work fine. The problem is something on your end. Could be your internet, or could just be your Antivirus or Firewall software interfering. Are you running as admin (right-click and select "Run as Administrator")? Have you tried lowering your AV/firewall settings and disabling them to see if it makes a difference?

Also in the future, you should read over the first few sticky posts in a forum to learn the rules and get an idea of what resources are available.
"
prokopiele wrote:
"
Fogsquaw wrote:
I just kept closing it and opening it. I'm sure I told it to start working and if it didn't I would call it names. It started working after that. The old open and close technique.

BEST COMMENT EVAAAAR!!! - made my day - made the "checking resources" wait - at very bit bearable... however... it's still checking... been 2 hours now.... I'm hoping that if i do what you did, threat to call it names and such it would work... so I'm still calling it names :D...

Help me... :(

ps - i've done run as admin, deleted the thing to be deleted, ran it as admin again, still calling it names... :p

added- i just looked around the folder i created for PoE, and saw a "log" folder that the client probably created... i opened it and it had a client "notepad" doc. i opened it and saw a second-to-second file action... of what the client is doing... it's the first time i downloaded this so given all the patches and whatnot, it'll probably take me quite a while finishing this.... but at least now, i can see progress... :D can't wait... hopefully its worth it... :D

Actually as strange as it seems, this worked for me haha. Every time I opened the client, I would check the log. A burst of activity would happen at the start of opening the client, then would slow down quickly to a halt. Every time I closed and opened the client, a burst of activity would appear on the log. Just constantly opening and closing my client, I saw my log file go from 5mb size to 60mb+ when all the other fixes I tried failed to increase my log size file. Before I knew it, it went through lol. Amazing.
Ran as Admin and worked immediately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info