Stuck at checking resources

Hi all

So after going the steam route, which installed very quickly on my old Windows XP desktop, I have changed to the normal PoE client.

The linking of the steam account to the normal PoE account was difficult due to the link misspelling (you can see my other post for more on that), but the reason for changing to the PoE client is that the steam updates were taking hours, which I don't recall happening with the PoE client when i used to play on my laptop.

After I ran the msi installer fine (running Windows XP on an old 2007 imac), the updater would just stay on checking resources (like all of the others in this thread I guess).

So what was happening during the resources checking was the "client.txt" file in the log directory was being updated with a log of which files were going to be requested to be downloaded. This sounds fine, but it would regularly get stuck on files unnecessarily for a LONG time some examples of the last bit of the name of the trouble files are:
...RoughWall/ThinWall 2953
...monster_mods/shroud 3213
...generic/green 3482
...Aura/ImpDemon/aura 2742

Anyway, I found that if I stopped and restarted the updating client would sometimes get stuck at the same files but sometimes it wouldn't and would get further (hence there is more than one filename in the list above, and they are actually in order the the client tried to process them).

So, long story short, the simple solution was to start the client and wait about 3 min (the approximate time I think it should take to 'check resources' if it doesn't get stuck when you have a reasonable 1Mb/s internet connection), then stop and restart the client again. It's not exactly a fancy solution, but it took about 10 restarts and about 25 min and I had the game updater in the next phase (space allocation) and all went smoothly from there.

Hope this helps,
Duncan
Hi people

i have a problem, i can't launch the game, i have everytime this message:

Connection Failure
Disconnected from patching server before pactching complete....

please help

Tim

I had this game recommended to me from a friend. Stuck at Checking Resources screen... kind of ludicrous... I have an i7-2600k on SSD, Radeon 6850 and 100MB/40MB super fast internet connection. Over 10 minutes so far...
Went to a business meeting. Came back. Watched Terminator Genisys. Ant-Man. Started watching Now You See Me. Came to check. Still checking resources.

Guys, this looks like an issue with the installer. Can we get the dev team to look at this, please? Thank you! :)
>pseudo<

Working FIX

Get into folder where game is installed, delete content.ggpk file

Run the game in admin mode > run as administrator

btw. checking resource also depend on your HDD or drive, if it's near full or fragmented it might take longer than few minutes to complete.
Running Win7 64-bit Ultimate. Installing to HDD with 3TB free.
Deleted content.ggpk file. Deleted Client.txt in logs... ran as administrator. (I also deleted ALL files and re-ran the installer... same issue.)

Content always stops at 16.0 MB (16,777,244 bytes)

Usually my last line in the Client.txt is:
2015/12/20 03:24:34 476692 235 [INFO Client 4464] Queue file to download: libmfxsw32.dll

but this time it made it down to:
2015/12/20 03:24:40 482869 227 [INFO Client 4464] Requesting folder Metadata/Particles/quest_items/poison_spear 2881

Since I'm in Asia, I tried going through Garena for installing... worked.
The installer page should have a redirect for this issue! Too annoying!
I somehow managed to fumble through the Chinese installer and got the game to run however... it's fully in Chinese. There's no way to change the game to English in the menus whatsoever.
This, so far, is a very frustrating experience. I need an English installer!!!
Ok, so after reinstalling the installer from the page, it decided to work. Finally!
Still needs looking at, though. Great game, and love the loot drops. :D
"
dvjrickkraft wrote:
Went to a business meeting. Came back. Watched Terminator Genisys. Ant-Man. Started watching Now You See Me. Came to check. Still checking resources.

Guys, this looks like an issue with the installer. Can we get the dev team to look at this, please? Thank you! :)

Disable your Virus Software (Kaspersky etc) before you start the launcher. Enable it after the launcher is done. That fixes the problem for me every time.
Last edited by Tr3Angel on Dec 21, 2015, 3:08:53 AM
"
>pseudo<

Working FIX

Get into folder where game is installed, delete content.ggpk file

Run the game in admin mode > run as administrator

This worked like a charm for me. Checking resources took about a min then started installing. Thanks man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info