Stuck at checking resources

"
mariosun22 wrote:
Advast

Just to confirm, are you currently using the Avast Free edition?
yes, does that change anything about the game?
I also have windows firewall that i use is that what i need to add the game to?
I just needed to know which version you had so I could get better details on how to add an exception. You should be able to open up Avast and click on the Settings/Options button on the top right. Go to "global exclusions" and add the Path of Exile install directory there.

This should help out, but remember to also run the game as an administrator (right click the PoE shortcut, run as admin). If you get the same problem after doing these steps then I would recommend adding an exception to the Windows firewall.
What do i do if neither of those work -_-...... can i not play the game?
If these steps don't work then there are a couple more things to try. Could you please let me know if you have any other software that may be monitoring your network and interfering? It may also be a good idea to move the install directory to another location such as:

C:/Games/Path of Exile

As this is not a protected location it may help with your issue.
Uhh i have net nanny as a filter
"
mariosun22 wrote:
Uhh i have net nanny as a filter

That will be it. You need to add an exception for Path of Exile, which you can do by following these steps (taken directly from the NetNanny site):

"If you wish to assure that Net Nanny is NOT filtering an application, please open up the Net Nanny Settings by right-clicking your icon and selecting the Settings. Open the "System Settings" when you're inside the program, then select "Permitted Applications". Click the "browse" button.

Add ALL of the "executable", or .exe files, from the application's folder to the list. Usually the .exe files are included in the

Program Files>Application Name<

folder, however, this is not universal, so you may need to check with the program thats having difficulty to find where the files are located. However, adding all of the .exes that are easily found is a good start."

Let me know how this goes for you.
Theres no settings tab when i right click
Do i need to go to admin tools?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info