Marylene's Fallacy Lapis Amulet

"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:
It's decent for elemental prolif crit burn builds.

Discharge Burn for example doesn't want to crit against a lot of targets due to reflect, but wants just a few mobs to proliferate a huge burn to nearby enemies.

Edit: This is assuming discharge rolls crit against every target individually.

Discharge doesn't, only if you're using crit weakness as the ones that are cursed are more likely to be crit than those who aren't.

I have no idea why people say this is good for burning and puncture builds. Those are generally slow attack so it's going to take a while to crit and with that ammy you can't even rely on non-crits for kiting damage.

I cannot find any use for this ammy unless there's some sort of build that converts crit chance and multi into something else coming down the line. Similar to kongors but the crit multi does something else as well.

How exactly does it work with crit weakness then? Because it makes a lot of sense to use it with this amulet, if crit weakness' chance to crit isn't affected (since it's added on at the end).
Last edited by Novalisk on Dec 15, 2013, 6:55:21 AM
"
Novalisk wrote:
How exactly does it work with crit weakness then? Because it makes a lot of sense to use it with this amulet, if crit weakness' chance to crit isn't affected (since it's added on at the end).

Say your crit chance is 30 and you're using crit weakness which gives 9% to crit chance. 5 monsters are cursed and 5 aren't. You discharge near them and your crit chance rolls a 35 (it rolls on a 1-100 scale) the monsters cursed with be crit, the ones not cursed won't be crit.

To my knowledge there's no skill that rolls a crit per shot, all are per attack. So the only one difference on a per attack basis would be a result of crit weakness.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
You would want to use critical weakness, and diamond flasks. Which work better the less critical chance you have.
I was always under the impression that crit weakness rolled separate from your normal crit chance, on hit not on attack. I seem to recall landing critical hits against some mobs but not others, all cursed and from the same attack (like using CW -> LWArp -> attack; the LW will shock some but not others, and no chance to shock elsewhere on that character; could just be a matter of thresholds though).
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Dec 15, 2013, 8:27:00 PM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
You would want to use critical weakness, and diamond flasks. Which work better the less critical chance you have.

Is there any maths supporting this?

I would assume diamond flask is stronger the more crit chance you have, not the other way around
"
deteego wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

I would assume diamond flask is stronger the more crit chance you have, not the other way around

Diamond flasks make crit chance lucky, which mean they reroll crits when they fail. Specifically, diamond flask's effect is (1 - crit chance) * (crit chance).

If you have a 50% crit chance, you have a 50% chance to fail; diamond adds 25% crit chance.
If you have 40% crit chance, you have a 60% chance to fail; diamond flask adds 24% crit chance.
If you have 80% crit chance, you have an 20% chance to fail; diamond flask adds 16% crit chance.

So not quite. The lower your base crit, the greater percentage of that crit is added, but the actual value decreases the further away from 50% you go. Of course, the higher crit chance is, then it'll be even higher after diamond (80+16 > 20+16), but diamonds are most efficient (most effect per charges used) at around 50(+/-)10%.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Dec 15, 2013, 8:55:05 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
deteego wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Diamond flasks make crit chance lucky, which mean they reroll crits when they fail. Specifically, diamond flask's effect is (1 - crit chance) * (crit chance).

If you have a 50% crit chance, you have a 50% chance to fail; diamond adds 25% crit chance.
If you have 40% crit chance, you have a 60% chance to fail; diamond flask adds 24% crit chance.
If you have 80% crit chance, you have an 20% chance to fail; diamond flask adds 16% crit chance.

So not quite. The lower your base crit, the greater percentage of that crit is added, but the actual value decreases the further away from 50% you go. Of course, the higher crit chance is, then it'll be even higher after diamond (80+16 > 20+16), but diamonds are most efficient (most effect per charges used) at around 50(+/-)10%.

Which is what I presumed, getting above 50% crit chance is really hard unless your build completely revolves around crit chance, so realistically speaking, diamond flasks work best if you already have quite a lot of crit chance
Still wouldn't consider this vendor trash as so many people seem to think. Far too interesting IMHO
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Still wouldn't consider this vendor trash as so many people seem to think. Far too interesting IMHO

I can possibly see it being useful on a shadow that has completely stacked crit chance, has something like an abyssal, and has enough attacks per second to deal with the reduced crit chance

I mean I can see this stacked with Maligaro's Virtuosity and Abyssus and Amulets/Rings that add ~50/50 global crit chance/crit multiplier working, but I have no idea if its worth the investment.

The major problem, as people have stated, is that the amulet provides nothing in terms of other stats (as well as the other downsides it has), and abyssus/maligaro's already don't provide decent defense either (maligaro's just evasion, abyssus is just some health)
Still interesting :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info