Marylene's Fallacy Lapis Amulet

This has been buffed in 2.0, I'm curious to try it now.

I've done the math. Clearly, it has diminishing returns the more crit multiplier you have elsewhere in passives/gear. But crit multiplier is the hardest to get. I'm considering it on a power charge wand build.

My math says that if you have 40% crit chance and just the base 150% crit multiplier, that is the break-even point. Putting on this amulet just means smaller non-crits and much bigger crits that happen less often. As your crit chance increases, this actually gives a DPS boost over no amulet. Of course, it also adds culling, which is fun.

Right now I'm looking at a crit elemental build, so this might make sense. Big burns and long shocks and freezes when you crit, which is where all the fun happens with ele builds anyway. Just invest in crit chance everywhere else and this single item gives you a free 375% crit multiplier.
And just as a comment on getting 40% crit: A Piscator's Vigil with a decent role is 10% base crit, so getting 40% crit chance only requires 300% increased crit, which you can get from 6 power charges, which is pretty easy to do. Any other passives or items, or even the Increased Critical Strikes gem should get you well above that threshhold.

Still no life or resists. But I guess int for wands and accuracy/evasion isn't terrible :).
It takes 95%/0.6 = 158.3% crit chance to overcome the downside.

If we play an assassin with two voidbatteries. That's 7% (Base) + 9*0.5% (Deadly infusion) = 11.5% base crit

Ice spear has 800% increased crit chance with helm enchantment, that's 92% crit.

We need another (158.3-92)/11.5 = 576.5% increased crit chance. This is nearly covered by 9 power charges (450%) and double voidbattery (100-130%).

So we only need 0%-26.5% inceased crit from the tree. We could invest on cold damage, crit multi and freeze duraion to permafreeze anything that isn't immune to freeze.
Last edited by msj1990 on Apr 29, 2016, 11:36:41 AM
With the addition of Trypanon I'd say this unique is finally useful. I don't see any reason to change it. It just takes a bit of imagination but it is possible to use this particular amulet to a great degree of efficiency.

I just wish there was a decent way to scale attack damage with Trypanon and not rely on CoC.
"
husyk wrote:
With the addition of Trypanon I'd say this unique is finally useful. I don't see any reason to change it. It just takes a bit of imagination but it is possible to use this particular amulet to a great degree of efficiency.

I just wish there was a decent way to scale attack damage with Trypanon and not rely on CoC.
Dammit bobbeh, you gave away the secret.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info