[0.11.0] Eldritch Battery/Armour Crit Dagger Shadow (Based off the CI Crit Dagger Shadow concept)

Summon Skeletons skill, don't quite see what's so great about it, they seem to die fairly quickly, and only wanders around for 20sec, so you have to spam them, or that's how i feel. Do the skill change much with leveling up? And maybe finding some good support gems for it?

As it is now, with the gem alone, and at level 5 i don't really see the big benefit of using it, takes some heat of you from time to time, but have to keep spamming it as they die so easily.

But maybe am looking at it all wrong? :P
"
Nitrius wrote:
Summon Skeletons skill, don't quite see what's so great about it, they seem to die fairly quickly, and only wanders around for 20sec, so you have to spam them, or that's how i feel. Do the skill change much with leveling up? And maybe finding some good support gems for it?

As it is now, with the gem alone, and at level 5 i don't really see the big benefit of using it, takes some heat of you from time to time, but have to keep spamming it as they die so easily.

But maybe am looking at it all wrong? :P

Summon skeletons is not a core part of this build. The only reason he mentions it is to avoid instant death from a pack of flicker striking mobs. If you run into a room with 10+ flicker enemies and they all flicker to you, you will most likely die. If you have 4 skeletons around you, chances are you will only get hit by 1 or 2 of them.

Flicker enemies are far and few between, so this is a very situational skill used purely defensively.
IGN Nellz
Do you still spec out of Nullification later? That's the only place I found where you used refund points in your build plan.

Edit: What you think about getting Savant in the middle on your way to the left side? Only 1 extra skill point.
Last edited by Daze on Jan 26, 2013, 1:03:57 AM
I really can't decide if I want to use Tempest Shield with this around level 27ish. With and and Clarity it lowers my mana pool to the point where I have to use alot of mana pots.

Do you guys run Tempest Shield with this? I honestly cant tell if its worth the hit on mana right now.
aka Sogonzo
I died at Vaal using this strat:( I am so mad! It was a silly mistake...but let me tell you from 1-27, this strat was great! That's all I can say lol...I am going to try again in HC with this....might tweak it a bit...
is this build usable for a new character with self found gear??

how does it fare in end game maps? (vs lets say a icespear witch or other range classes)

thanks
Hey Invalesco, thanks for the fantastic write up and build. I read and played your CI one during Closed and it was really that build and character that made me play this game. Prior to it I played a with and was bored off my ass, then saw the youtube of your build and picked it up.

I'm currently running it on a lvl 37 Shadow and I'll 100% agree with everything you have said about it being "un-fun" at periods of the game, running it solo at the end of Act 3 makes you want to quit because you just lack the power that other classes do, even in the early stages when I was rushing Brutus to get TS I was just 1 shotting everything with sweep, compared to the time and effort it had taken me to do the same thing with a Shadow.

Currently, I just farm Ledge end to end of Cruel and the build is fun, effective and a pretty lights show.

My advice to anyone that wants to pick this build up is:

1. Follow the guide and advice 100%, e.g. get Cleave
2. Remember it's not about being a god at lvl 10.
3. Take Invalesco advice and "Disclaimer" to heart, the man knows what he's talking about.

GL HF, thanks Invalesco.
IGN: TP_Dat_Rock

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/843358
"
sc0rp404 wrote:
is this build usable for a new character with self found gear??

I've run the build almost word for word from the start just to answer this very question and it is tricky, the boss fights in act 3 will often require you to get a friend or two to help but it can be done and if you take the advice that is given you're still have a fun time. PUGing it is a good way to clear Act 3, you spam alot of lightning so it looks like you do lots, even though you're not :P

Last edited by Dustbinlid on Jan 26, 2013, 1:55:06 AM
Very new to the game myself, and am following this build, level 20 so far, in default league though, and i've had a great time so far, and no big troubles with monsters, so far.

Looking at the gear and gems, and there are two gems mentioned as LMP and WED these are acronyms for?
"
Nitrius wrote:
Very new to the game myself, and am following this build, level 20 so far, in default league though, and i've had a great time so far, and no big troubles with monsters, so far.

Looking at the gear and gems, and there are two gems mentioned as LMP and WED these are acronyms for?

LMP: Lesser Multiple Projectiles

WED: Weapon Elemental Damage

I'm 90% sure that is correct

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info