[0.11.0] Eldritch Battery/Armour Crit Dagger Shadow (Based off the CI Crit Dagger Shadow concept)

I run an Iron reflexes variant of this build and boy it is a blast to play right now =).

It was worth it to play something fun, rather than hopping on to bandwagons
Level 53 Lightning Dagger 1h - Kyozumi - HC active
Level 63 1h phy Crit dagger - dead

7 toons to Desync - Starhub best ISP Singapore
Hey!

Do you think its possible to do this build with Dual Strile + Melee Splash dual wielding Dagger?
Would u make any changes for this to be possible?
CI or HP? xD
P.S.: I'm going to try this on Onslaught!

Thx very much!
if you want to play shield less you have to go CI

HP builds usually include armour aswell, which is part of their survivabilty

dualwielding with HP will make you a sad bunny, i promise

IGN: Kitaen
"
Kitaen wrote:
if you want to play shield less you have to go CI

HP builds usually include armour aswell, which is part of their survivabilty

dualwielding with HP will make you a sad bunny, i promise

Same can be said for CI, shields give you so much ES it's not worth dual wielding in CI either
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
Sometimes, I read peoples posts and I can't understand why some "smart" people ask can I use 2h or a person explains why the build is good or bad even though he does not know shit.

The build looks interesting and maybe less expensive than ES. I would like to see stats and gear. I'm curious how much HP this build can get after the wonderful patch.
One more question Could anyone tell why this build is better then ES Daggers build of course if HP daggers build is better. I see only one benefit that from pure armor I can get DPS reduction besides that I do no see any benefits.
Last edited by Evilclown009 on June 13, 2013 4:07 AM
"
Sometimes, I read peoples posts and I can't understand why some smart" people ask can I use 2h or a person explains why is good or bad even though he knows that he doesn't know shit.

The build looks interesting and maybe less expensive than ES. I would like to see stats and gear. I'm curious how much HP this build can get after the wonderful patch.
One more question Could anyone tell why this build is better then ES Daggers build of course if HP daggers build is better. I see only one benefit that from pure armor I can get DPS reduction besides that I do no see any benefits.

It's an alternative build if you don't like CI

CI has a specific playstyle, don't like relying on leeching ES to stay alive

HP/EB/Armor also allows more aura's and a potentially larger mana pool due to EB
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
I would say dagger shadow sucks compared to cleave oriented builds though. you need insanely good gear to have any sort of fun and You cant really achieve absurd tankiness most melee builds have.

"
Kyozumi wrote:
I would say dagger shadow sucks compared to cleave oriented builds though. you need insanely good gear to have any sort of fun and You cant really achieve absurd tankiness most melee builds have.

thats because dagger shadow is basicially a hybrid class with LS and insertrandommeleespellhere
real tankiness (like facetank some high lvl map bosses) may be also problem, indeed - but if you want to do that, you should better go and play a kaoms marauder

on the bright side, there is hardly a class that can keep up damagewise

if you get your hands on a good 6l and a very good physical dagger you will see your damage skyrocket into regions most range classes can dream of - im still laughing at those wander or freezing pulse guys that think 15k is top notch ranged dps
Last edited by Kitaen on June 14, 2013 2:53 AM
"
Kitaen wrote:
"
Kyozumi wrote:

thats because dagger shadow is basicially a hybrid class with LS and insertrandommeleespellhere
real tankiness (like facetank some high lvl map bosses) may be also problem, indeed - but if you want to do that, you should better go and play a kaoms marauder

if you get your hands on a good 6l and a very good physical dagger you will see your damage skyrocket into regions most range classes can dream of - im still laughing at those wander or freezing pulse guys that think 15k is top notch ranged dps

Frankly, I doubt so. I could Barely Crack 6.5k Dps with double strike and 3k dps with lightning strike (4 power charges). Even with 400% + multipliers + 40%+ crit chance I still weak as hell because of only having 2.8k worth of hp.

My gear Was HC. (This Character Died to warden boss in maps, 5 shotted , level 66, kinda killed all desire to ever play dagger build again until GGG buffs drop rates / makes new dagger skills)

Yes Yes I know my gear sucks but Really Play HC and you will realize unless you have tons of exhalts in ur hands its pretty hard to procure gear you need.

Currently I am playing Onslaught with a Crit Frenzy / split arrow Shadow and I can already feel that i can dish out more pain if i have equal gear on my dagger shadow without fear of being 3-4 shotted.

Last edited by Kyozumi on June 14, 2013 2:39 PM
"
Kyozumi wrote:
"
Kitaen wrote:
"
Kyozumi wrote:

Frankly, I doubt so. I could Barely Crack 6.5k Dps with double strike and 3k dps with lightning strike (4 power charges). Even with 400% + multipliers + 40%+ crit chance I still weak as hell because of only having 2.8k worth of hp.

My gear Was HC. (This Character Died to warden boss in maps, 5 shotted , level 66, kinda killed all desire to ever play dagger build again until GGG buffs drop rates / makes new dagger skills)

Yes Yes I know my gear sucks but Really Play HC and you will realize unless you have tons of exhalts in ur hands its pretty hard to procure gear you need.

Currently I am playing Onslaught with a Crit Frenzy / split arrow Shadow and I can already feel that i can dish out more pain if i have equal gear on my dagger shadow without fear of being 3-4 shotted.

im not talking about the viabilty of HC or any other league then default, since this build is based around high end gear AND a lot of talent points (most of the later ones are damage improving)

so in your case, yes, its not a good starter build if you are poor or play a new league/hc character with no currency available to straight up equip yourself

if you want some numbers based on my default shadow: i had 47k dps with LS and a whopping hundred smth with flicker (if 6 linked ofc) without unnatural damage enhancing stuff like melee damage on full life gems or the super crit glass canon unique helm

rather solid on the defensive side with 4700 life and around 8k armour aswell (w/o granites)

the biggest plus in my eyes is that you are not forced to use cannot be stunned/frozen items and lose at least 1 very important dps slot (in most cases the amulet)
another plus is the bonus strengh gives, for CI builds its only the dps gain, for hp/ar builds its both a life and a dps gain
and last but not least, EB gives you such an immense mana pool, you can run at least 2-3 more auras
if you are rich enough to afford endgame gear, you can get your hands on chaos res stuff aswell, making the whole CI thing not obsolete but not THAT important

conclusion: CI vs HP/EB is a stylistic choice and comes down to your prefered style to play this game - CI may be bit more expensive on godly item tier, but is already playable with a lower budget

Last edited by Kitaen on June 16, 2013 12:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info