Beating Nemesis without rares or uniques

beating Nemesis with just blue items is nothing special,really .... "few" stacks of alts,good build .... and no big difference than doing it with casual build with rares
"
beating Nemesis with just blue items is nothing special,really .... "few" stacks of alts,good build .... and no big difference than doing it with casual build with rares

IN MAH DAY WE DID IT WITH JUST SOME PLAIN OL' ELBOW GREASE
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
There's still something bothering me about this mission, but it's not the mission itself, it's the tone of intention of the mission.

The OP starts out by sort of declaring itself as some kind of proof that a newb can ckaewalk the game with blues - here's how - but the OP then goes on to formulate a very specific and unusual build that could only evolve from huge amounts of course knowledge. The build is not at all n00by, it's a very defined 'percentages/cynical' build.

The poster claimed they didn't want to start as a marauder because the OP didn't want a Path-of-life-nodes passive tree, and then does nothing on the passive tree but grab life and resists, just using the Witch's start point to grab 6 spell damage nodes and then it's all base stats and life etc. They haven't even gone for keystone yet.

The poster claimed they were going to keep trading to an absolute minimum, to try and keep it as real as possible, but then trades a huge amount and even over pays for items in order to speed up the trading process.

Which is all fine, the challenge is to see how far blues can go, to which the best way to do this would be to have all the best maxed blues available. But, in the context given by the OP, the intent and thought process isn't matching the actions.

But the idea of seeing how far blues can get is still an awesome log, and one I shall enjoy reading.

p.s. you've only just realised +1 is better than max spell damage wands? Holy cow, where have you been the last year? Why do you think people are complaining so much about the inability to find good wand upgrades? The +1 is a must, unless you have the +1 on another item. And you know how hard it is to drop specific mods, right...

haha love the new entries

"
Holy
Shit
This is like koams heart of blue only gear"

Cracked me up
"
cronk wrote:
There's still something bothering me about this mission, but it's not the mission itself, it's the tone of intention of the mission.

The OP starts out by sort of declaring itself as some kind of proof that a newb can ckaewalk the game with blues - here's how - but the OP then goes on to formulate a very specific and unusual build that could only evolve from huge amounts of course knowledge. The build is not at all n00by, it's a very defined 'percentages/cynical' build.

The poster claimed they didn't want to start as a marauder because the OP didn't want a Path-of-life-nodes passive tree, and then does nothing on the passive tree but grab life and resists, just using the Witch's start point to grab 6 spell damage nodes and then it's all base stats and life etc. They haven't even gone for keystone yet.

The poster claimed they were going to keep trading to an absolute minimum, to try and keep it as real as possible, but then trades a huge amount and even over pays for items in order to speed up the trading process.

Which is all fine, the challenge is to see how far blues can go, to which the best way to do this would be to have all the best maxed blues available. But, in the context given by the OP, the intent and thought process isn't matching the actions.

But the idea of seeing how far blues can get is still an awesome log, and one I shall enjoy reading.

p.s. you've only just realised +1 is better than max spell damage wands? Holy cow, where have you been the last year? Why do you think people are complaining so much about the inability to find good wand upgrades? The +1 is a must, unless you have the +1 on another item. And you know how hard it is to drop specific mods, right...

You brought up a good point.

SCRUBS
First of all let me clariffy that I am talking down to scrubs, not noobs.

A noob is someone with no or very little knowledge of the game. They die to piety in crematorium because they didn't even know the needed lightning in the first place, they overpay for items because they don't know the prices.

I have nothing against noobs you can have a lot of fun in this game just running around discovering everything (sometimse painfully). In time a noob may learn things and become a good player.

A scrub is not a noob. A scrub REFUSES TO LEARN. He already got killed by piety because he didnt have lightning resist but rather than just equiping some topaz rings he makes a second glass cannon and than complains when he dies. He won't admit he's wrong he will make up excuses: the game is a giant gear check, prices are too high.

A scrub is the player who wants to play a fighting game with 'no blocks allowed' because he refuses to learn how to block. He won't try to learn. He will just spam fireballs on ryu.

This is the type of person I'm calling a crybaby.

PATH OF LIFE NODES
I have 120% increased spell/aoe/lightning damage from my tree. Thats way more than what a lot of spell casters get. My fire-trapper on HC (level 81) has only like 29% increased damage from his tree.

Life and resist are an importaint part of poe but not the only part. Read my newest log entry for details.

TRADING
I don't see how overpaying for items makes it less legite. By overpaying I have less currency to trade or craft with and like I said I needed to leave for work so i wanted to finish the trade. Sorry but I'm not going to skip work and get fired so that I can play video games and do virtual trading.

Trading is a big part of poe. One of my goals was also to demonstrate that you can get good items on a budget. So far i have made 2 'major' purchases my shield and amulet. I expect these to last me to the rest of the game.

It also comes down that I personally enjoy trading.
I don't know how often the average poe player trades but I guess I do it more than they do.

Last edited by NotRegret on Dec 15, 2013, 8:22:22 PM
BUMP

New log entry

Looks my thread is creating a lot of discussion.
actually when you are leveling in 24h races for example, you usually end up using just blue items since the chances are they will be better than rares, since you find more magic items than rare :P
and yes of course its possibly to beat all the difficulties even using just white items, problem is , its not easy and definetly not for that casual sam
Last edited by Aetherium on Dec 15, 2013, 8:36:46 PM
As one of the folks who bitches about gear availability from time to time, I'll be watching this with interest, NotRegret.

When I'm proven wrong I'm man enough to admit it. Kudos for doing more than making a forum post yelling "Nuh-uh!". Good luck to you. If you're successful, I will certainly reevaluate my positions.
"I joined a leveling group to make it go by faster. As I said before I will solo all the hard content. I will only party for grinding groups or for content I already did myself "

In merciless u should never get to party, not even in cruel imo, since it is a huge carry for you. Who knows if that storm herald would have blasted you into another dimension if you soloed....
Even simple lvl farming can be truely dangerous. I ripped a lvl 52 witch at cruel docks, where 2 rare came at me, and did 2,2k hp in 1 hit each(they hit at the same time). 1 had phys aura, and the other crit aura, first mob crit stunned me and the other just slapped me to death :)

I also dont like that you just trade any gear... You can basically just buy 16 dual res rings with 75 life and high all res or 35+ single res(etc etc).. I can finish dominus merci with a lvl 45-50 char if i just go nuts on poe.xyz, maybe even lower depending on build...I killed merciless piety + dominus(lvl 68 area) yesterday with a lvl 60 char solo self clear. I'd like to see u go up to that challenge after this :)

You also talk about rares having the handy 4 extra mods, most normal ppl that play solo without being dependant on trading only have rares with 3 good stats. Getting top tier blues are almost the same...

The challenge itself is not REALLY that hard anyway, there are tons of res nodes that are easy to get. Several 6 all res, and a few 12 all res. All you need to do is overlvl and your good, since ALL of your gear has high life anyway. And overlvling is exactly what you do as well :)

I guess my post seems more negative than it is meant to be, but it is just some of these ppl in total AAAAAH that makes me wonder about the average skill level amongst players :)

Anyway, GL with cruel dominus and merciless :) That is where it starts to get interesting, since you most likely will be at 30-50 res.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
You have my respect OP

Go show those scrubs.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info