Beating Nemesis without rares or uniques

"
Bushido74 wrote:
You should be streaming it with updated highlights and regular gear checks otherwise it didn't happen.

I'd really like to do this but my internet is not good for streaming.

I think once I get into merciless though I should definitely find some way of recording my efforts.

If anyone wants to give me an idea of what the general miniamum internet speed for streaming is I could look into upgrading.

It would definitely be a lot more interesting than just log entries.
I love that shield.

So awesome.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Not using rares is pretty scary, but blues can be pretty good until Merciless imo.
Last edited by ShiyoKozuki on Dec 15, 2013, 3:46:10 PM
"
Not using rares is pretty scary, but blues can be pretty good until Merciless imo.

Blue's are better then rares until you find some serious decent rolls.

Creating a good blue piece is easier then crafting a good rare piece.

90+life/35+ %resist is easier to craft then a rare with better stats then that considering the orb investment.

And i don't see how it is difficulty to clear the game with 90+hp on every blue piece and 35+ resist as a second mod on all of them. Specially considering the market is saturated already.

The OP is doing something every player will do in the first week of a new league, without an already saturated market. I don't see how it proves a point that is not already proven repeatedly. I fail to see why so many people seem to respond to this, or even consider it a challenge.

I would rather this be a real challenge thread so the "wow, amaze" is justified because i find this rather sad. Maybe it's the way he describes his progress, well at least i hope so.

Sorry if i come over offensively NotRegret, it is not my intend, it's more about the players responding "wow amaze" that boggles my mind. Pretty sure your goal is noble, but like i mentioned already proven.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"

Blue's are better then rares until you find some serious decent rolls.

Creating a good blue piece is easier then crafting a good rare piece.

90+life/35+ %resist is easier to craft then a rare with better stats then that considering the orb investment.

And i don't see how it is difficulty to clear the game with 90+hp on every blue piece and 35+ resist as a second mod on all of them. Specially considering the market is saturated already.

The OP is doing something every player will do in the first week of a new league, without an already saturated market. I don't see how it proves a point that is not already proven repeatedly. I fail to see why so many people seem to respond to this, or even consider it a challenge.

I would rather this be a real challenge thread so the "wow, amaze" is justified because i find this rather sad. Maybe it's the way he describes his progress, well at least i hope so.

Sorry if i come over offensively NotRegret, it is not my intend, it's more about the players responding "wow amaze" that boggles my mind. Pretty sure your goal is noble, but like i mentioned already proven.

Isn't this how the racers do? It seems to me magic has better stats than rare for a long while
"
Boem wrote:

I figure the point is to document how far you can go without having super-good gear. Lots of players know that you can get pretty far with relative trash, but it's a nice thing to do (and, again, have documented) for the frustrated newbie.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
I figure the point is to document how far you can go without having super-good gear. Lots of players know that you can get pretty far with relative trash, but it's a nice thing to do (and, again, have documented) for the frustrated newbie.

I understand that, but then again this has also already been done and a lot better then the OP is doing, in the form of twitch video's documenting every single minute of a 48 hour rush to merciless act3 at the start of a new league.

I don't question the OP's noble goal in this thread, i just question the responses like he is doing something amazingly difficult, creating the illusion it is actually hard to do.

Like i said before, i would rather this be some sort of "iron-man" challenge thread then some of these responses would make sense. But in the current format they seem silly to me.

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"

I understand that, but then again this has also already been done and a lot better then the OP is doing, in the form of twitch video's documenting every single minute of a 48 hour rush to merciless act3 at the start of a new league.

I don't question the OP's noble goal in this thread, i just question the responses like he is doing something amazingly difficult, creating the illusion it is actually hard to do.

Like i said before, i would rather this be some sort of "iron-man" challenge thread then some of these responses would make sense. But in the current format they seem silly to me.

That's fair.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
Love your dedication, but trying to prove to dumb people that they are dumb is a hopeless effort :) Best of luck, though. On Merci, you'll need it.
"
Boem wrote:
"

There's been two (that I know of) ironman type challenges posted on the forums.

Both were solo self found/gamble no twinking and a empty stash tab start.

Kripparians mellee challenge attracted some interest (for obvious reasons),the second had only five or so of us willing to take up the challenge.

Going by how quickly the thread died and that I was the last person still actively participating in said challenge I'm guessing it was all too hard for most players.

Trading makes that big a difference.

Back on topic of Notregrets challenge....keep going mate,the sense of achievement for yourself will be worth it. =)
Last edited by Temper on Dec 15, 2013, 7:16:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info