Beating Nemesis without rares or uniques

If you even get past Cruel I'll pretty much be insanely impressed.
Getting past cruell on blue items is insanely easy.

Spec life, make sure you get endurance charges to compensate for 1 resis per item + flat out reduction, run something like EK that gives you high dps without item investment, and your golden.

The real issue starts around mercilles end of act 1....

It's just slow play compared to normal play.

Edit : most people at the start of a new league do this btw, get to mercilles on blue items.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Dec 12, 2013, 8:52:18 PM
"
NotRegret wrote:
PREFACE
Sam the scrub goes onto an RmT website. He loads up his shopping cart with all sorts of shiny unique items and a big pile of orbs. Than he stares at the content for several minutes straight dreaming of them being his. Than he notices the price tag on the cart. Far too high. Sam removes some of the items from his kart with tears in his eyes until he is at a more reasonable price

"All these orbs for only $20? I'd finally be able to afford the gear I need to play!" Sam proceeds and just before he is about to hand his credit card number over to the chinese he exits the browser "I'd probably just get banned anyway" Sam the scrub cries himself to sleep dreaming about chaos orbs.

The next day he logs on to grind docks on normel and is killed by a fire dog because he had only 15 fire resist. Sam than goes onto the GGG forums and makes a post filled with misspelling screaming at GGG that the game can't be beaten without perfectly rolled gear and the drop chances need to be increased.

Sam is an idiot and I intend to prove it. I will go through all of nemesis. From the lowly stranded shores to the highest point of the tower of god wearing no rares and no unqiues. Just the ordinary magic items Sam doesn't even pick off the ground. My newcharacter will not receive hand-me downs from my main. I will also try to minimize how much I trade with other players and naturally I will solo all the hard stuff.

Follow my adventures and don't be a Sam.

Whisper StormFromOutzone to see if I'm still alive (I am)

LOGENTRY1

Decide to start my journey as a storm caller witch. Being completly broke I have to pick up space-efficient white items off the ground to vendor for scrolls.I pick up every single magic item I find and vendor them for transmutes.

The RNG gods are on my side gifting me with a great wand,shield which I'm still currently using

I kill mervil easily. Act 1 normel is easy.

Act 2 begins and it ends just as quickly as act 1. Zombies make good tanks and storm-call can nuke enemies off-screen for 133 damage per cast. Amber amulet gives me enough strength to
wear armor gear and make me indestructable.

I found a sweet 3 link chest but it was rare so I scoured than trasnmuted it. And people say crafting is worthless!

I helped oak because oak is a bro and I'm gonna max my resists without kraityns smelly ass!

Vaal is dead and I'm in act 3 now.

Current gear and skill tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEAelAuNJsiycwbTk7HYRfq9XK1WuRKuPplJTPV8tH40Z4BLdjB8CNsXYJKcIFVCPRtDQz2VVxg==

LOGENTRY2

Going through act 3 killing stuff thing so fast my zombies can never keep up with me. Usless pets.
Rescued that chick with goggles and got an enfeeble gem incase the game actually gets hard.
Upgraded my pots so now I'm stronger than ever.
Face-tanked piety in the cremitorium using 2 topaz rings.

Was going through warehouse when HOLYSHIT DEYNC enemies are frozen in place, not moving or taking damage. I hit /oos OMG IT DOESNT WORK GGG WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME. I try to exit the client like a scrub BUT THE CLIENT IS FROZEN TOO. Quickly thinking I rip the power cord from my computer. Log back on and I'm still alive. Go update your fucking servers Chris.

I'm done for tonight!

Current gear and passive set up and passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEAelAuNJsiycwbTk7HYRfq9XK1WuRKuPplJTPV8tH40Z4BLdjB8CNsXYJKcIFVCPRtDQz2VVxhZvHRT60g==

Was really interesting read until the bolded part,good luck Notregret may the RNG be with you.

Edited because of dumbass question. lol

Last edited by Temper on Dec 12, 2013, 8:57:49 PM
Sadly you are only going to prove same right by trying to do the obviously impossible.

Better chance of finding a mirror than clearing merci with whites without ripping.
Invasion - No Sacrifice No Glory

HTTP://WWW.TWITCH.TV/THISISDEUX
Last edited by Deux on Dec 12, 2013, 8:56:00 PM
I don't think its impossible, but speccing as a glass cannon witch with few life nodes and no resist nodes certainly is not the way to go. Should have rolled maurader.
Bump.

Piety is Dead
Dominus is next

Also wtb reduced mana
It should be doable as long as you get a ton of resists from tree
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
I admire your courage, trying to play this game like it's skill-based.
it isn't, and once you (hopefully) make it to Act 3 Cruel - you will realise this.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
reminds me on the Purist challenges in D3!

Good luck mate - but dont think it can be made without focussing on resist passives.

Good luck! I hope you make it. :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info