Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
borek664 wrote:
Has anyone tried IC + CWDT setup with Echo gem? I've heard it doubles the duration of IC making trio bosses in Apex a joke.

Echo doesn't work with CwDT-IC, even if it did would only reset.

The people you're talking about use EC+Echo to get double the charges but yeh, it does make the fights a joke.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
borek664 wrote:
Has anyone tried IC + CWDT setup with Echo gem? I've heard it doubles the duration of IC making trio bosses in Apex a joke.

Echo doesn't work with CwDT-IC, even if it did would only reset.

The people you're talking about use EC+Echo to get double the charges but yeh, it does make the fights a joke.

I think I always had more trouble with atziri. Still die 2-3 times to her everytime. But it took a while to get here. lots of pratice... also taking out lmp for added ice has helped.

now that I know how to kite em the trio isn't as threatening. self cast non echo ec+ic helps greatly.
Last edited by Absolutista on Aug 1, 2014, 8:07:28 PM
im interested in making a high AS ele char but as I have a 5L carcass jack I was thinking of using reave/multi strike instead of ST/LMP what do you think? Viable if I adjusted your build? Ive got a L79 shadow im planing on respecing come the new expansion, speaking of which how do you think the new tree changes will effect the build?
"
LtTrog wrote:
im interested in making a high AS ele char but as I have a 5L carcass jack I was thinking of using reave/multi strike instead of ST/LMP what do you think? Viable if I adjusted your build? Ive got a L79 shadow im planing on respecing come the new expansion, speaking of which how do you think the new tree changes will effect the build?

Yes. Very viable, if you need any further help figuring it out, give me a shout.
Need some help here :D

Gears

Only around 8k dps now. I tried to get a empower on the helmet but after 3ex of chroms I still can not get RRRB. That's sad.

stats

Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswx9EH8RlhRNFy8ZhRmKGjgabBqPHNwdqiP2JDwkqiSwJpUnqSj6LYMvbzKJNuk7KDyORnFJUUp9UzVVS1XGVdZW-lfJV-JZ81pIWm1gQ2TnZp5noG1sbXtuPW-ecLtyqXflfNl9dX_GgKSDCYbRh3aPRpBVkyeXBpu1na6iAKcIp1ynhKyqtAy1SLiTu-PAGsM6xKLGnspKz2XQ0NN-2RPhiONq6rrr7uw47g7veu_w8B_z3fba-tL7CfzF_ro=

My passives are just same as the original one. But after that I plan to grab some block nodes instead of going on for more life. In my plan in Lv85 I may have around 66% spell block chance that feels very nice. :D

Any advices for me? I may try to get a decent APS gloves later.

There's another question I want to ask. Do you guys farm maps or Dominus ? Because I have no IIR&IIQ in this character so I never run Dominus. But I feel that there is almost no income to me in maps farming although they are 74 maps
Last edited by scyllalice on Aug 2, 2014, 2:31:45 PM
"
scyllalice wrote:
Need some help here :D

Gears

Only around 8k dps now. I tried to get a empower on the helmet but after 3ex of chroms I still can not get RRRB. That's sad.

stats

Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswx9EH8RlhRNFy8ZhRmKGjgabBqPHNwdqiP2JDwkqiSwJpUnqSj6LYMvbzKJNuk7KDyORnFJUUp9UzVVS1XGVdZW-lfJV-JZ81pIWm1gQ2TnZp5noG1sbXtuPW-ecLtyqXflfNl9dX_GgKSDCYbRh3aPRpBVkyeXBpu1na6iAKcIp1ynhKyqtAy1SLiTu-PAGsM6xKLGnspKz2XQ0NN-2RPhiONq6rrr7uw47g7veu_w8B_z3fba-tL7CfzF_ro=

My passives are just same as the original one. But after that I plan to grab some block nodes instead of going on for more life. In my plan in Lv85 I may have around 66% spell block chance that feels very nice. :D

Any advices for me? I may try to get a decent APS gloves later.

There's another question I want to ask. Do you guys farm maps or Dominus ? Because I have no IIR&IIQ in this character so I never run Dominus. But I feel that there is almost no income to me in maps farming although they are 74 maps

Get gloves with 15-16% ias and level > corrupt auras to lv21, or buy ready ones. Belt could use some higher WED values, same for necklace.

As far as farming goes imo maps > Dominus if you have better than average clear speed. Reasonable MF set require good balance between IIQ and IIR which is difficult to achieve with IIQ gems being legacies. Personally, I sometimes farm Dominus if I feel bored from constant mapping, but in my case maps proved to be more effective in getting drops/wealth.

My MF gear on swap for cull.
Spoiler
with newly support skill gems, is CHAIN considered as one of supported gem for ST?
^^
"
vleex wrote:
with newly support skill gems, is CHAIN considered as one of supported gem for ST?

No, it doesn't work with ST.
"
vleex wrote:

Chain doesn't work with anything that pierces. ST has a 100% pierce chance.
"
New Support and Skill Gems

Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash are self-buff skills that reserve some of your mana pool to add elemental bonuses to your attacks.

From: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/985043

We need to make sure we have enough reserved mana for these new buffs in forsaken masters expansion. I am guessing they will reserve 25% each like tempest shield.

It sounds like they will be useful for this build. Perhaps it's time to drop purity of fire/lightning.

"
kasub wrote:

4 off colors are only necessary if PoL or PoF reach level 21. Their level 23 version allows for more max res(currently get +9 max lightning res instead of 7).

Not only.
4 off colours are needed for: empower + wrath + anger + reduced mana. RRRB
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 4, 2014, 11:41:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info