Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

I'm blowing my cash on trying to roll a 2.16 attack speed sword with 2 t1-2 prefixes (either WED or flat dmg). I've found that I get a regal'able weapon every 250ish alts.

Assuming these values (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/User:Chriskang/Sandbox/ItemAffixSpawnRates/1HSword) are correct, rolling t1 speed and either t1 or t2 WED or flat elemental damage with alts is (1-((1-0.02178)^6)*(1-0.00544)^2)*(.01272) = 0.001695, or 1 in 590 alts. Either I've gotten extremely lucky over the last 2000 alts, or these values aren't correct.

If we assume I got lucky, that's around 1 exalt to get something worth regaling. The chance to regal into another t1-t2 affix is (1-((1-0.02178)^4*(1-0.00544)^2))= 0.09425 if the base had flat dmg or (1-(1-0.02178)^6)= 0.1237 if the base had WED. These calculations don't adjust the weighting of prefixes to account for the affix missing from the list, but this should be a relatively small adjustment.

Are my calculations right when they suggest that the item I'm trying to craft should cost ~10ex on average? Or is my experience with alts more typical and the strategy should cost ~4-5 ex?

Edit: LOL. After doing that math and realizing that the edps range of 2x t1 flat dmg 2.16 aps sword is 210 to 258 dps, I checked poe.xyz.is and broadened my search to weapons > 2.0 aps. I ended up buying this 216 edps 113 pdps sword for just 30c.

Getting a perfect weapon for this build is too damn expensive! Back to fusing coils =D
Last edited by jbmcarth on Jun 3, 2014, 4:54:15 PM
Tried atziri tonight for the first time but didn't manage to kill her (Sorry Chunda, tried to pm you on my last portal but you were offline :/ )

this is my gear:

Spoiler

With saffell's, 5.4k HP and 13.9k DPS selfbuffed without A.Flask or VaalHaste

I tried using 2 bleed removing flasks and 2 rubies + a topaz for the specific fight.
Is it wrong?

Consider that I didn't really prepare before the fight, I don't love studying tactics in depth before fights, I feel like it takes A LOT of the excitement off.

I died once on the 3 idiots, then left the cycloner last but managed to whirl around and not go on the chaos garbage on the floor and cleaned it.

Then, on her, a disaster.

What am I supposed to do when she charges for average/long time two flameblasts at the same time, one on each of her sides, covering like all the room? Stay inside just ONE of them and pop a ruby flask?

The real question, to me, seemed to be about WHEN to dps her.. I felt like I just needed to poke poke poke poke and mostly try not to die, am I wrong again?
"
What am I supposed to do when she charges for average/long time two flameblasts at the same time, one on each of her sides, covering like all the room? Stay inside just ONE of them and pop a ruby flask?

This build excels at mobility. I have never been hit by double flameblast after doing 10+ atziris. It's actually pretty slow to cast, you can simply run out of it or whirl. I tend to whirl. Don't try tanking it, it's very easy to avoid with our whirling speed or movement.

"
The real question, to me, seemed to be about WHEN to dps her.. I felt like I just needed to poke poke poke poke and mostly try not to die, am I wrong again?

Just sidestep out of her stormcalls, you'll learn that you're able to shoot her quite consistently. You should also be able to dodge all her small flameblasts with whirl. It's crucial that you save your rubies for the split phase since it makes it trivial. Just find the flameblast clone, go in her corner and DPS her down. It should take 3 ruby uses by the time she dies, I tank that phase with that method.

I switch LMP for faster projectile at atziri. When the minion phase starts I put LMP back in. I replace it again when it ends, there is sufficient time to do all that. This lets you shoot atziri from anywhere on the screen and your DPS will also be higher(19k or so).

The last thing I'd recommend is a high level CWDT + devouring totem + enfeeble + whatever else for atziri. Devouring totem really helps with healing you up in those dangerous moments. I use two curse pots whenever it goes off(usually few times per atziri run).

Here is my atziri setup(haste/PoF in shield):

Spoiler
Last edited by kasub on Jun 3, 2014, 6:47:46 PM
Just uploaded a video of the new unique map on my windripper char for anyone curious about the whole thing.

edit: herp the actual link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUEaYrwGGok
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Jun 4, 2014, 12:55:02 AM
"
cloudscraper wrote:
Tried atziri tonight for the first time but didn't manage to kill her (Sorry Chunda, tried to pm you on my last portal but you were offline :/ )

this is my gear:

Spoiler

With saffell's, 5.4k HP and 13.9k DPS selfbuffed without A.Flask or VaalHaste

I tried using 2 bleed removing flasks and 2 rubies + a topaz for the specific fight.
Is it wrong?

Consider that I didn't really prepare before the fight, I don't love studying tactics in depth before fights, I feel like it takes A LOT of the excitement off.

I died once on the 3 idiots, then left the cycloner last but managed to whirl around and not go on the chaos garbage on the floor and cleaned it.

Then, on her, a disaster.

You're probably trying to avoid stuff too much honestly. I've killed her with 10.4k dps and 5k hp with saffell's on, so i know it's in you :) My biggest issue was trying to whirl out of everything. Honestly, the normal stormcalls (red color) and the flameblasts (not the double one) don't really hurt all that much. I face tank them without moving.

The split phase is normally where i croak if I will, but i've found that swapping in an added cold damage gem in place of LMP for more damage/leech really helps in that phase. Additionally, setting yourself up so that spectral hits 2 of the splits instead of just 1 helps with your leech rate. Doing this and riding lightning/fire potions and i'm good to go.

I tend to whirl once or twice out of the double flameblast. just enough movement to make it so that only one hits me, and then hit a ruby. Does about 30% damage to me this way, which is easily leeched back.

For me, I finally 6 linked my lightning coil earlier tonight (748 fusings total!) and that plus a little bit of a weapon upgrade sent me from 10.4k up to 14.1k. Loving the attack speed upgrade! I'm kind of at a loss from where to go from here. I know gloves are probably the most glaring of issues currently only being 10% attack speed, but i dont see much available on xyz :( I need a little more lightning resist on my gear whatever it may be. I had to take a 6% all resist node, and even with that when i'm using my saffell's my lightning res sits at 87 instead of 88 where it should be. Been spamming chromes into my helmet trying for RRBB, still no luck (about 1000 in at this point) Any recommendations for me?

Spoiler
Last edited by Neothin87 on Jun 4, 2014, 12:55:35 AM
One thing i really don't like with this build is that devourers and puncture dogs kill me so freaking easily.

The bane of this build must surely be lvl 73 dark forest because it almost always has devourers and high chance of puncture dogs.

One pack of devourers emerging from the ground on me = dead.
One or two puncture dogs tagging me with bleed and i don't notice it for 1 second while moving = dead.

This build could really use some sort of defence besides a huge life pool because that only helps up to a certain point.

We don't spend a single skillpoint on any defensive skills like armour or evasion or anything so i am not surprised we are paper when it comes to physical damage.

I think i'm gonna save up enough points and grab acrobatics and maybe phase acrobatics. That might be enough to not be total paper.

Other than that this build is decent i might play this again when the new leagues start.
Is it easy to start from absolutely nothing with this build? Did you all level with spetral throw from the beginning? Lvl 1 that is.

Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 4, 2014, 10:44:33 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
One thing i really don't like with this build is that devourers and puncture dogs kill me so freaking easily.

The bane of this build must surely be lvl 73 dark forest because it almost always has devourers and high chance of puncture dogs.

One or two puncture dogs tagging me with bleed and i don't notice it for 1 second while moving = dead.

This build could really use some sort of defence besides a huge life pool because that only helps up to a certain point.

We don't spend a single skillpoint on any defensive skills like armour or evasion or anything so i am not surprised we are paper when it comes to physical damage.

I think i'm gonna save up enough points and grab acrobatics and maybe phase acrobatics. That might be enough to not be total paper.

Other than that this build is decent i might play this again when the new leagues start.
Is it easy to start from absolutely nothing with this build? Did you all level with spetral throw from the beginning? Lvl 1 that is.

I've deviated quite a bit from this build (DW claw LGOH), but I can attest that acrobatics/phase acro will help somewhat. I run pure evasion with acro and devourers aren't an issue for me. I also recently dropped added light dmg gem for added cold for the freeze chance, and added projectile speed for blind gem now that I'm running 75+ maps and needed the extra survivability. It did drop my dps from 11k to 9.5k though.

Are you running a Lightning Coil as your chest? That should help mitigate a big chunk of the devourer burst damage. I recently switched back to my 24K evasion/life chest from a coil, since nothing hits me anyway with blind gem.

But you should run a coil if you aren't already.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Jun 4, 2014, 11:12:56 AM
"
kolp wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

I've deviated quite a bit from this build (DW claw LGOH), but I can attest that acrobatics/phase acro will help somewhat. I run pure evasion with acro and devourers aren't an issue for me. I also recently dropped added light dmg gem for added cold for the freeze chance, and added projectile speed for blind gem now that I'm running 75+ maps and needed the extra survivability. It did drop my dps from 11k to 9.5k though.

Are you running a Lightning Coil as your chest? That should help mitigate a big chunk of the devourer burst damage. I recently switched back to my 24K evasion/life chest from a coil, since nothing hits me anyway with blind gem.

But you should run a coil if you aren't already.

No i don't use lightning coil. I have a normal 5 link. There is no room to put in added cold damage or blind and we can't freeze anyway because we can't crit. I only do 7000 dps i don't really wanna make it any slower.

You mean 2,4k evasion chest right? 24k would be 24 000 evasion =)

I really don't want to use lightning coil then i would have to replace the rest of my gear as well to build up more lightning resists.
"
No i don't use lightning coil.

That's your issue right there. Lightning coil is huge for this build, get it as soon as you can.

Puncture/devourers...etc are no issue at all with lightning coil.
Last edited by kasub on Jun 4, 2014, 4:29:18 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:

No i don't use lightning coil. I have a normal 5 link. There is no room to put in added cold damage or blind and we can't freeze anyway because we can't crit. I only do 7000 dps i don't really wanna make it any slower.

You mean 2,4k evasion chest right? 24k would be 24 000 evasion =)

I really don't want to use lightning coil then i would have to replace the rest of my gear as well to build up more lightning resists.

Sry, yes I missed a decimal/comma, I meant 2.4k EV chest.

Also, just an FYI, you can still freeze (20% chance w/ max qual) with a quality "Added Cold Damage Support Gem", it doesn't have anything to do with crit chance or Resolute Technique.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info