Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Altissimus wrote:
"
runnin17 wrote:

That is a huge wall of text that completely missed the whole point of my post, haha. I admitted that lightning coil is vastly superior to Cloak of Defiance given that Lightning Coil gives added life while still offering 40% less physical damage. That is good stuff. If I would use Lightning coil I would obviously not run Mind Over Matter. Thought that was a given considering the passive tree I initially linked didn't take MoM due to using Cloak of Definace. Guess you have some issues with reading comprehension, oh well. If I used lightning coil I would still likely take EB. It is actually insanely easy to get 3k mana when using EB. Literally 3k mana with any EB build is on the very, very low end. For example, I have a max block build that I run Bringer of Rain, Wings of Entropy and run MoM, EB AND level 20 arctic armor. I have right at 3k mana on that build and I am only level 81 and have not taken the extra ES nodes. Since I would be using a 1hander with this build I could just get a hybrid EV/ES shield and also just use hybrid gloves and hybrid boots to reach the high mana. I probably wouldn't chance the passive tree much at all compared to

So I guess when you read my post you completely missed where I said, "I concede that using a lightning coil is superior compared to using cloak of defiance. That way you do not have to worry about keeping around 700 mana free for tanking big hits and you can essentially run the auras exactly as you have minus maybe one 40% aura."

Hm, guess you really didn't understand that, again, oh well.

To be honest I tend to gloss over a lot of what you write. It's difficult to pick out the useful nuggets amidst all the "geez man you're an idiot hahaha" comments. Discussion and debate are useful skills; they are however a little more complicated than calling someone an idiot simply because they have a different view to you.

I have not called anyone an idiot at all in this thread. I actually read the responses that people post. You are welcome to your opinion. Your post basically says that you didn't read what I wrote, assumed that I said one thing when in fact I said another then you posted a sarcastic post to try and make yourself feel better. At least that is what I saw.

Your reply to my post was mistaken. I also replied to Mathil's comment regarding Lightning coil and admitted that it would be a better chest for a hardcore version of the build. Really man, don't know what your problem is with me.

I have also stated that the build is great as is. Personally I don't play in softcore leagues. I hate dying just as much as the next guy, but the horrendous economy in softcore leagues annoys me more than dying to desync or other game bugs.

As Mathil has written the build it is more for non-HC leagues, he himself has admitted that. You can keep ignoring my posts for all I care. It is plain that you are not to keen on paying attention to what is written, so why even try to debate?

If you want to admit your were mistaken in your reply to my post great, but if not it really doesn't bother me at all just to ignore any of your future posts.

Again, mathil the build is awesome. The ability to focus on auras, life and IAS and not really have to pay attention to even high rolled weapons makes adjusting the build around gear you find very valuable.
Last edited by runnin17 on Dec 26, 2013, 6:35:38 PM
Very nice!

I came up with a similar build, but instead of using an elemental dps one hander, I use a fast two hander with physical damage. This is to make use of Hatred, as we already upped this aura alot. And for swapping, I use a fast physical dps one hander with saffel's frame. This makes me almost invulnerable to elemental damage whenever I want to!

Even though this might lower your damage a bit, you still get higher physical damage, which makes elemental resist mobs easier to deal with.

I really recomend this to both you and the ones reading this guide! Either use a Reaver Sword for higher dps or use a lahti (staves have block chance) for higher survivability, but bear in mind that higher attack speed trumphs higher dps because of the auras.

Take care!

EDIT: Also, going physical on weapon allows us to substitute BM for addedd fire damage, LGOH, or more projectile phys dmg, by just grabbing a bit of mana leech on gear and dropping one aura.
IGN: Ralfe
Last edited by Riakkek on Dec 26, 2013, 8:03:01 PM
"
runnin17 wrote:

As Mathil has written the build it is more for non-HC leagues, he himself has admitted that.

I know I've said I made this on a non HC league and it's where I've played/practiced it but I'll say now for the record, you can do this exact build on HC just as well.

You may not be able to copy my playstyle because I pretty much go balls deep on everything. That said I didn't hit 95 playing solo by zerging my corpse at every encounter. Doesn't work that way. I rarely died and when I did it was to hard bosses and through mistakes of my own. 99% of players, even on softcore leagues don't go in for bosses, so if you do that too I'm sure you'll live to everything.

If you bring a HC mentality to this build and play like a total vagina (like literally every HC streamer does) including playing in a group, I think you can easily never die.

What I've tried to do in my writeup and since then is dispel the myth that evasion gets you 1 shot, or being unlucky means you'll die. It just isn't true. Evasion is amazing and I do the hardest of hard maps all by myself without coming close to dying.

I personally don't know how people don't die of boredom in HC running 9k life immortal builds with low damage because I run 6k life and already find most everything less than challenging.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
with resolute technique u won't be able to evade reflect dmg?
"
kaylerah wrote:
with resolute technique u won't be able to evade reflect dmg?
correct but acrobatics will still work.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Mathil wrote:
"
runnin17 wrote:

As Mathil has written the build it is more for non-HC leagues, he himself has admitted that.

I know I've said I made this on a non HC league and it's where I've played/practiced it but I'll say now for the record, you can do this exact build on HC just as well.

You may not be able to copy my playstyle because I pretty much go balls deep on everything. That said I didn't hit 95 playing solo by zerging my corpse at every encounter. Doesn't work that way. I rarely died and when I did it was to hard bosses and through mistakes of my own. 99% of players, even on softcore leagues don't go in for bosses, so if you do that too I'm sure you'll live to everything.

If you bring a HC mentality to this build and play like a total vagina (like literally every HC streamer does) including playing in a group, I think you can easily never die.

What I've tried to do in my writeup and since then is dispel the myth that evasion gets you 1 shot, or being unlucky means you'll die. It just isn't true. Evasion is amazing and I do the hardest of hard maps all by myself without coming close to dying.

I personally don't know how people don't die of boredom in HC running 9k life immortal builds with low damage because I run 6k life and already find most everything less than challenging.

Fair enough. In HC leagues though wouldn't you probably take Ondar's Guile, the extra 10% dodge chance and Phase Acrobatics? I know that having a spell block of 34% on one of my characters just makes me laugh at spell bosses in general. I know that evasion overall is pretty strong. In HC leagues I would likely also have endurance changes up all the time and have immortal call and enfeeble connected to cast on damage taken and I would take CoDT off for bosses.

I would be curious to know if you were going to run EB on the build (to possibly throw on blind in place of blood magic), how would you adjust the tree?
"
Mathil wrote:
Nice work 6 linking the chest. Should put some et/ex into it. Not that hard to roll the 2 evasions you need. ;)

Took your advice! the xmas rng is real. I managed to somehow die to chain porcupine goliaths but this made up for it.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 26, 2013, 10:01:49 PM
"
runnin17 wrote:

I have not called anyone an idiot at all in this thread.

Let's just take a look at what you have done, shall we? The following are all quotes from what you've written in this thread:

"
runnin17 wrote:

...ineptness of the majority of the reply is just laughable...

...Guess you have some issues with reading comprehension, oh well...

...Haha. Your reply makes me think you truly don't understand...

...The sarcasm in your reply just makes me laugh...

So yes, you haven't called anyone an "idiot" in this thread. However, I referred to your general "geez man you're an idiot hahaha" comments, a generalization which fits three of the above four.

In any event, I think this has detracted sufficiently from Mathil's excellent thread, so I'm done here. Go ahead and have the last word, runnin, then we can all get on with something else.

"
Altissimus wrote:
"
runnin17 wrote:

Let's just take a look at what you have done, shall we? The following are all quotes from what you've written in this thread:

"
runnin17 wrote:

So yes, you haven't called anyone an "idiot" in this thread. However, I referred to your general "geez man you're an idiot hahaha" comments, a generalization which fits three of the above four.

In any event, I think this has detracted sufficiently from Mathil's excellent thread, so I'm done here. Go ahead and have the last word, runnin, then we can all get on with something else.

Glad that is over with. Nice to know that you like to deal in generalities. Also, my comments were far from geez man your an idiot, but I digress. Some people will think what they want to think. I still don't know what your problem is with me, but again, I am done paying attention to your personal attacks on me.

@mathil: I know you have commented on taking more defensive nodes if you were running in HC leagues. I know lightning coil is something you would add on, but in addition to phase acrobatics and the additional block chance, what else would you change?
"
runnin17 wrote:
"
Altissimus wrote:
"
runnin17 wrote:

"
runnin17 wrote:

Glad that is over with. Nice to know that you like to deal in generalities. Also, my comments were far from geez man your an idiot, but I digress. Some people will think what they want to think. I still don't know what your problem is with me, but again, I am done paying attention to your personal attacks on me.

well im with altissimus,

your first appearence in this threaad was just some sort of "omg op is a douchbag"-douchbag action.
you laughting at ppl try to argue and to help to find a good build.
and you wonder that ppl wonder about your attidute?

pls boy...

so if you are the pro theory-crafter-hc-balls-deep-r0ckz0r-of-d00m, why you have to ask the op for every single step on a hc build?
man if you know best, just build it at hc your way and post results here.

you are theory crafting and insulting ppl responding to you since a whole week now.
its pathetic.

happy chrismas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info