Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
hansi wrote:
hey guys, following ops skilling with an emphasis on damage instead of life. i'm at 3.5k (lvl82) atm and feeling pretty solid, with dem resists and Lightning Coil its really awesome.
anyways, feeling my damage is going down quite a bit in higher level maps and EE/resistance mods. did i miss anything obvious in my equipment? i'm at 6.6k atm.

Spoiler

would love to get some hints :)

You need a faster weapon, attack speed + ele dmg on gloves, % ele on 2nd ring.
IGN: Kebehsenuf
Last edited by ShadowWalker07 on Dec 27, 2013, 5:47:10 PM
Crematorium boss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSRw0WHCAv8&feature=youtu.be

Shrine boss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbvZ1DfITVA

Added a couple more videos which were in response to another thread where people claimed endgame bosses were impossible without cheesing.

Anyway. Yea you need attack speed on your gloves for sure, can't go without it. Other than also needing WED on ring it looks pretty good overall.

For the 2ex corsair... yea it was probably an overpay. It's pretty decent and it will last you quite a while, until you decide you want to upgrade anyway. I don't think it was quite 2ex though.

And to someone asking about bows. Yea you can succeed using a bow and split arrow or LA, it's up to you. It'll work but as you get closer to end game you'll start to feel the lack of a shield. I've tried it myself and you do feel quite a bit more vulnerable as well because you have to stand still to do any of your damage while ST is a mobile ability and changes up your play style quite dramatically.

It can work and the damage should end up somewhat comparable (I don't think you'll end up as high) but it'll be a harder life for you later in the game (maps and such).
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
hunTShoo wrote:
"
hansi wrote:
hey guys, following ops skilling with an emphasis on damage instead of life. i'm at 3.5k (lvl82) atm and feeling pretty solid, with dem resists and Lightning Coil its really awesome.
anyways, feeling my damage is going down quite a bit in higher level maps and EE/resistance mods. did i miss anything obvious in my equipment? i'm at 6.6k atm.

Spoiler

would love to get some hints :)

weapon got some space to improve. attack speed is the most important fact, your weapon is quiet slow for this build. if you get your hands on a 2,1 weapon, your dps increase will be huge

6l or a better weapon first?
"
AnaVite wrote:
Couldn't seem to find a good one hander for less than 1 exslt so I settled with this for 2 exalts...

will this last me til end game? and did I overpay for it?

Your sword should put out just a hair less damage (maybe 1% difference) than this sword.

I think I got a sick deal on it for 6 chaos (was expecting to pay 1 exalt). I do think you overpaid but it is a very, very good sword so don't feel bad.

I am level 78 with 20/20 gems and put out 11,275 dps. I still need the 3 attack speed nodes south of the life wheel and all the projectile damage nodes that the OP has. Should cap out around 12,500 - 13,000 with this sword (at level 95) so that is what you could also expect. It will take a top notch sword to be a substantial upgrade from that one.

Mathil's sword is just ridiculous.

This is what I am working on for an upgrade(I paid 1 exalt). It is ilevel 77 so it can roll 27% attack speed. Spent 1 Eternal and 2 Exalts and no luck. I am pretty much broke so it looks like it's going to be a while.

Last edited by Daarknight on Dec 27, 2013, 6:53:54 PM
Nice deal haha. I had bad luck trying to find one for a good price.. everyone seems to be selling ele swords for like 5 ex+ on POExyz. I should had gotten a crappier ele damage but with 2.13 ias only problem was that I don't know how much dex I'll need in the future from gear to equip it lol.
"
AnaVite wrote:
Nice deal haha. I had bad luck trying to find one for a good price.. everyone seems to be selling ele swords for like 5 ex+ on POExyz. I should had gotten a crappier ele damage but with 2.13 ias only problem was that I don't know how much dex I'll need in the future from gear to equip it lol.

You got a great sword. I would have paid 2 exalts if I had to. I just happened to read Mathil's post a week before you did :)
Last edited by Daarknight on Dec 27, 2013, 7:29:44 PM
I bought this sword last night. Paid 5 chaos for it :) I know it is not the greatest, but since I will be running lightning coil it pretty much works out perfectly. The rolls could be better and it would be nice if it had increased WED, but I can't be picky for 5 chaos.

Also picked up a lightning coil for 6 chaos and only needed 15 jewelers to 6S it. Now just got to 5L or 6L it eventually.
Last edited by runnin17 on Dec 27, 2013, 7:35:15 PM
Good videos mathil. Are you running the final passive tree in your original post or have you added on phase acrobatics at all?

I guess the resists being so high is what allows for not worrying about dodging spells.
"
runnin17 wrote:
Good videos mathil. Are you running the final passive tree in your original post or have you added on phase acrobatics at all?

I guess the resists being so high is what allows for not worrying about dodging spells.

Still the same passive tree, yes. At no point have I indicated I want to or will use phase acro after saying they're not necessary in my OP. Just doesn't feel worth the points.

A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
another 35% WED ring and 13% AS gloves upped the dmg to over 8k, thats sufficient for now :) 6l here i cooooooome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info