Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Just got my Alpha's howl, Build is really coming together now. Took a lot of saving that's for sure.

Just had to budget my build like a son a of a B....

Never spent any more then 4 chaos for any of my items. Many many upgrades in the near future.

Level 80 and as you can see, most gems are still level 18 with zero quality.... 6032 DPS with 5 link.

It can be done with minimal bidget as you can see.

Spent about 40 chaos on all gear total (minus alpha).

82/77/82 resists, 4200 hp.
Last edited by Gryphyn on Apr 15, 2014, 2:02:02 PM
For the sake of completely new players, I am going to do a report of me trying this build. I will start out with zero currency and no gear (fresh new player) and work my way up. My first gem will be spectral throw of course. My biggest concern right now is the gems. What basic gems do low level ele buzzsaws need other than spectral throw? What gem should I buy next is my question. Thanks!

"
Gryphyn wrote:
Just got my Alpha's howl, Build is really coming together now. Took a lot of saving that's for sure.

Never spent any more then 4 chaos for any of my items. Many many upgrades in the near future.

Level 80 and as you can see, most gems are still level 18 with zero quality.... 6032 DPS with 5 link.

wow. how did you get that 5 link armor for 4 chaos? the hardest thing for me is simply finding 5l stuff with the right sockets.

Sir, why do you have two spectral throw gems? Am I supposed to use two?
Last edited by jpanside on Apr 15, 2014, 3:02:10 PM
"
jpanside wrote:

wow. how did you get that 5 link armor for 4 chaos? the hardest thing for me is simply finding 5l stuff with the right sockets.

I bought a blue 5 link armor, scoured and alched it. They can be found very cheap.

As far as the second spec throw, I have it linked with culling + IIR... little boost is better then none when killing bosses etc.... very not needed though.
"
jpanside wrote:
For the sake of completely new players, I am going to do a report of me trying this build. I will start out with zero currency and no gear (fresh new player) and work my way up. My first gem will be spectral throw of course. My biggest concern right now is the gems. What basic gems do low level ele buzzsaws need other than spectral throw? What gem should I buy next is my question. Thanks!

"
Gryphyn wrote:

The second ST is only meant for finishing bosses. It's linked to culling strike and item rarity.

EDIT: Ah this was already responded. I'm using the same setup but when my reduced mana gems are leveled enough, I will replace blood magic with item quantity.
Last edited by deiko2 on Apr 15, 2014, 4:41:49 PM
Hey fellow buzzsaws, i am selling high APS swords for cheap 1 ex each!!

IGN:SnakeTheExalted
A week ago I rolled a shadow using this build. I've been leveling up using the provided spec progression, but using bows and split arrow because of weapon availability. I'm 66 now and have finally put on my alphas howl, lightning coil, etc, but I still don't have a proper foil shield setup. I've noticed the similarities between bows and a foil with this spec just by swapping out st and lmp out with split arrow and chain in the 6 link. This got me thinking, what exactly are the pros and cons to these 2 setups? The foil can get to a higher attack speed vs an elemental thicket, but bows can get more hits on a group because of more arrows and chain giving each 3 hits instead of 2 that st gives with the projectile going out and then returning. Which setup would clear faster do you think?
"
Neothin87 wrote:
A week ago I rolled a shadow using this build. I've been leveling up using the provided spec progression, but using bows and split arrow because of weapon availability. I'm 66 now and have finally put on my alphas howl, lightning coil, etc, but I still don't have a proper foil shield setup. I've noticed the similarities between bows and a foil with this spec just by swapping out st and lmp out with split arrow and chain in the 6 link. This got me thinking, what exactly are the pros and cons to these 2 setups? The foil can get to a higher attack speed vs an elemental thicket, but bows can get more hits on a group because of more arrows and chain giving each 3 hits instead of 2 that st gives with the projectile going out and then returning. Which setup would clear faster do you think?

Even without Windripper, if you had a good elemental bow.. I'm tempted to think the bow build would clear faster. Check out Mathil's other guide - he uses Voll's however not Coil.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
This has been asked before if I remember right, but I'll ask it again anyway.

Would Quill Rain work at all with this? At least it would have a crazy attack speed. It has also %50 less weapon damage mod. Does that mean that it splits the aura damage in half?
I see a bunch of people going for Acrobatics, just curious of you go all the way to Phase Acrobatics? or just the 1 point into the 30% dodge?

Also, arcing blows (30% lightning dmg with weapons) worth taking? (would cost 3 points)
Last edited by Gryphyn on Apr 16, 2014, 10:22:55 AM
What mods are we looking for in terms of suffix?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info