Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
sebasm wrote:
"
sebasm wrote:
Hi guys, I've been playing this build and I must be doing something wrong. Please help me out.

I'm level 51. Here is my build.

And my gear:
Spoiler

I'm sitting at max resists, 44% evade and 1.7k hp and have recently switched from a claw to Blood Magic+Life Leech. The problem is I am squishy as hell. I have to pop health potions just to stay above 75% hp for blues and other trash mobs.
If I would get a faster main hand I would be literally killing myself just from spamming ST.

So, what is the problem? Should I be getting hp regen on gear or what? How do you guys run that Blood magic gem with this setup?

Can somebody please answer and help?

I've played the build some more, got acrobatics. These are my defensive stats at lvl 55: http://i.imgur.com/99jHVSD.png
1.8k hp - 450 dps on ST

Yet I am beyond squishy. I am trying to walk up Cruel Scepter of God and I have to spam HP potions constantly. For everything, even the shittiest white mob.

How do you guys stay topped up with this build? What am I missing here???

I'm far from an expert in this build, but a few things stand out. First, your weapon is really slow. this build relies on a speedy weapon.
I was able to craft this weapon for my first character using this build for less than 20 alteration orbs and a regal.
Spoiler

you should be able to make something similar from stuff on the ground. Basically find a fast weapon - any level appropriate weapon with a base speed of 1.65 or better will do, transmute it and alt it until you get a good weapon speed. then augment it and hope for elemental weapon damage of some sort, if you get that, you can stop there or regal it if you have one and hope for some more damage mods. I think a faster weapon ( by which I mean an APS of approx 1.95-2 or better) will help you feel more comfortable with this build. there are a number of good crafting guides around to help with this process.

secondly, I never used a life leech gem. instead I used Life gain on hit. the results were fairly consistent, with the changes to leech in the recent patch, you might try in and see if it gives better results. (full disclosure - I never got to higher level maps before the last league ended - for higher level content life leech seems the prefered gem)

Finally, I see you are starting as a ranger. I started as a scion and was able to get resolute technique pretty early. that helped with the life leech since missing wasn't a concern. I wasn't spending life on misses. If your accuracy isn't that great you might consider that some of your squishiness comes from missed shots. improving your accuracy or respecing for RT might also help. (it is kind of far for a ranger though)

Hope this helps.
We are the people our parents warned us about...
Jimmy Buffet
"
Mathil wrote:
"
creamydream wrote:
RT + surgeons on flasks says it all about this guy.

Never bothered to reroll my flasks to make them optimal. Sorry for offending you.

You don't need to apologize to him. He didn't accomplish anything, he is just looking for flaws in others to compensate for his inability to play a video game.
"
sebasm wrote:

It's a glass cannon. If you have issues with lag or framerates, or you are not fast and agile enough (it's a twitchy playstyle), you'll probably get killed. It's one of my problems with the build, but that's because off my machine and because I know I'm not really good at very fast paced, precise playstyles.

Like Mathil says in the first post, if you're "shit at the game", this build will not magically change that. It's pretty blunt, but it's certainly true for this build. I found groups super easy, but exiles and act bosses to be a bit of a pain.
Thanks for the advice guys.

I bought a 1.92 aps weapon that I can use in 2 levels. At that time I will also have Resolute Technique. Farming docks until then and leveling Temporal Chains. Will try Scepter after and... *fingers crossed*

@Mivo
Don't get me wrong, I am not dying. It's just that I have to make town trips a LOT just to refresh my potions. And I also have no idea how I would be able to beat some affixes, like Corrupting Blood.
~ Comfortably Numb
"
Orlog wrote:
How many ele dps on sword is needed for 66-70 maps? For expamle sword around 200 eDPS will be enough?

Most of your dps will come from buffing the hell out of Anger and Wrath auras (ele dmg passives/support, ele dmg with weapons on belt/amu, aura effect passives etc) and getting the fastest sword possible (2.0aps+). Flat ele damage on your weapon is nice, but not a must-have imo.

Look at Mathil's current sword on Ambush, barely past 100edps and he does just fine.
Congrats on the Aztiri kill Mathil! :)
This is one helluva build
"
Mivo wrote:
"
sebasm wrote:

It's a glass cannon. If you have issues with lag or framerates, or you are not fast and agile enough (it's a twitchy playstyle), you'll probably get killed. It's one of my problems with the build, but that's because off my machine and because I know I'm not really good at very fast paced, precise playstyles.

Like Mathil says in the first post, if you're "shit at the game", this build will not magically change that. It's pretty blunt, but it's certainly true for this build. I found groups super easy, but exiles and act bosses to be a bit of a pain.

exactly you have to keep yourself alive by avoiding to get hit... its not a tank build at all besides the 6k life... but since stuff can hit for way more than that... its your fault if you die not the builds... if you want to play a build that keeps you alive, go aegis or go home
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
just a few questions:

Why are you going resolute tech when accuracy is already being increased from dex and the nodes?

Also, I does inner force increase the effect of auras?
"
dlehddud217 wrote:
just a few questions:

Why are you going resolute tech when accuracy is already being increased from dex and the nodes?

Also, I does inner force increase the effect of auras?

On my level 88 Standard Scion, with accuracy on a few items and using this build, I only have 80 or 81% chance to hit. My dps went up over 2k by adding RT.

Yes Inner Force increases effect of auras. Mathil has 94% increased effect of his auras.

Grats Mathil. No doubt, the #1 build in POE. No other build could pull that kill off with such "Crapy" gear.
Last edited by Daarknight on Mar 13, 2014, 10:23:43 AM
Would elemental equilibrium be worth using with this build? it just one point to get?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info